news anchor arrested after she’s found sleeping naked in parked car

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Cassandros
Hamsterphile

news anchor arrested after she’s found sleeping naked in parked car

Post by Cassandros »

A Las Vegas television anchor was arrested after being found asleep and naked in her parked car, with no memory of how she got there.

Feven Kiflegiorgis, whose on-air name at KVVU-TV is Feven Kay, was sentenced last week to a $1,000 fine and ordered to take driving lessons, reported the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

She was charged with reckless driving with a disregard for the safety of a person or property.

Story
First off, this thread needs more pics of her...

Second... wtf?? Charged with reckless driving even though she was found passed out in her car. That's fucked up. I have a friend who got a DUI under similar circumstances. He was passed out in his car, in the parking lot of the place he had been drinking. No one called the cops on him, they just happened to drive up on him, woke him up, made him blow, and promptly arrested him.

A PI (public intoxication) sure, but reckless driving or DUI... that's bullshit.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: news anchor arrested after she’s found sleeping naked in parked car

Post by Animal »

i love this story.

why was she naked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

At least this one has a happy ending. It made me think of this story.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/aut ... HVY3745T4/

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I think if you put your keys in the trunk then they can’t getcha for drunk driving.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Similar law here, if you've got the car keys on you that's that. I'd say fair enough, we just don't want drunk people charge of cars.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:46 am Similar law here, if you've got the car keys on you that's that. I'd say fair enough, we just don't want drunk people charge of cars.
unless they are black men and fleeing a felony arrest warrant. Then its stand down time.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

2-1
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Cassandros wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:01 am Second... wtf?? Charged with reckless driving even though she was found passed out in her car. That's fucked up. I have a friend who got a DUI under similar circumstances. He was passed out in his car, in the parking lot of the place he had been drinking. No one called the cops on him, they just happened to drive up on him, woke him up, made him blow, and promptly arrested him.

A PI (public intoxication) sure, but reckless driving or DUI... that's bullshit.
Here in Florida, maybe it's true in other states, I don't know, you can be forced to blow whether or not the cop actually suspects you've been driving above the legal limit, which here is 0.08. It got passed about 20 years ago that the mere act of driving whether on public roads or private areas means a LEO can demand either you blow or give up your licence for a year. It's one way some cops have punished belligerent folks they've pulled over. That law also introduced the idea that simply being in your car (on or off) qualifies you as being under suspicion of DUI, just by you being allegedly drunk with the keys being accessible in some form, and the cop gets to say what "accessible" means. The cop doesn't arrest you for DUI, he arrests you for suspicion of DUI. Same net effect, but you are more likely to have charges based on suspicion dropped. But here in Florida, arrest records are public records, any one can obtain them with simple records searches.

You've been arrested for suspicion of DUI, but the charges are dropped. Wonder why you didn't get an offer for that great job you were gunning for?

This is that same law that netted Matt Gaetz from that other thread in 2008, refused to blow, was supposed to lose his licence. Dear Politically Connected Daddy got the charge dropped and his son got his licence back with no consequences. Cop who arrested him later lost his LEO job.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:17 pm
Cassandros wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:01 am Second... wtf?? Charged with reckless driving even though she was found passed out in her car. That's fucked up. I have a friend who got a DUI under similar circumstances. He was passed out in his car, in the parking lot of the place he had been drinking. No one called the cops on him, they just happened to drive up on him, woke him up, made him blow, and promptly arrested him.

Here in Florida, maybe it's true in other states, I don't know, you can be forced to blow whether or not the cop actually suspects you've been driving above the legal limit, which here is 0.08. It got passed about 20 years ago that the mere act of driving whether on public roads or private areas means a LEO can demand either you blow or give up your licence for a year. It's one way some cops have punished belligerent folks they've pulled over. That law also introduced the idea that simply being in your car (on or off) qualifies you as being under suspicion of DUI, just by you being allegedly drunk with the keys being accessible in some form, and the cop gets to say what "accessible" means. The cop doesn't arrest you for DUI, he arrests you for suspicion of DUI. Same net effect, but you are more likely to have charges based on suspicion dropped. But here in Florida, arrest records are public records, any one can obtain them with simple records searches.

You've been arrested for suspicion of DUI, but the charges are dropped. Wonder why you didn't get an offer for that great job you were gunning for?

This is that same law that netted Matt Gaetz from that other thread in 2008, refused to blow, was supposed to lose his licence. Dear Politically Connected Daddy got the charge dropped and his son got his licence back with no consequences. Cop who arrested him later lost his LEO job.
Sorry QD. That ain’t what happened. Gaetz was most certainly smoked. But the arresting cop quit. And not Over this.

The case against Gaetz was officially dropped in December of 2008. His attorney argued that there had been no evidence Gaetz had been impaired while behind the wheel. Deputy Anglin ended up quitting his job shortly after arresting Gaetz after he was accused of grabbing a suspect’s neck during another arrest in early November.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

when police found her she was butt ass completely naked in her car passed out.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:17 pm

A lot of states have similar laws where you have to blow, or even provide blood work, if demanded when pulled over under the suspicion of DUI/DWI.

That said, the arrest is not "suspicion", the arrest is for the DUI. And like any other charge, it can be dropped if the police do not have enough evidence against you, if you have the means to pay for an impressive defense, or well connected enough to have the police just do you a solid.

Even if the charges eventually get dropped, unless you pay a heavy sum and jump through many hoops to get the record expunged, you will have the arrest on your record for life. Hence, why you didn't get an offer for that great job you were gunning for.

All the more reason I find it messed up that you can get a DUI even when not driving. I get the basic premise, don't get me wrong. The idea is 'if you have the capacity to drive while intoxicated then, as a matter of public safety, we are going to treat it like you were.' I just think its unfair. A PI can accomplish the same thing (getting a potential drunk hazard off the road) without massively fucking the person over.

In my humble opinion, of course.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Cassandros wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:43 pm That said, the arrest is not "suspicion", the arrest is for the DUI. And like any other charge, it can be dropped if the police do not have enough evidence against you, if you have the means to pay for an impressive defense, or well connected enough to have the police just do you a solid.

Even if the charges eventually get dropped, unless you pay a heavy sum and jump through many hoops to get the record expunged, you will have the arrest on your record for life. Hence, why you didn't get an offer for that great job you were gunning for.

All the more reason I find it messed up that you can get a DUI even when not driving. I get the basic premise, don't get me wrong. The idea is 'if you have the capacity to drive while intoxicated then, as a matter of public safety, we are going to treat it like you were.' I just think its unfair. A PI can accomplish the same thing (getting a potential drunk hazard off the road) without massively fucking the person over.

Every state seems to have its own turn on DUI laws, which can really trip you up when you cross state lines. And here in Florida, even without definite evidence of DUI, a cop can still get you on suspicion. Which might not be true in other states, I don't know. My own knowledge of this came about five years ago, when our company's best sales rep was picked up on DUI with property damage. That happened after a drunk driver forced him off the road, the drunk taking his half of the road right out of the middle, and our rep damaged a brick wall. Wet road, late at night, tired driver. Cop smelled alcohol on our rep, so made him blow, came up 0.01. Still the cop took our rep in. The alcohol smell was from our rep's wife who'd earlier spilled a whole glass of wine on herself, and actually was drunk. Unfortunately with our company, even suspicion of DUI with arrest takes away your right to drive on company time, and those of us who depend on driving on company time usually get immediately terminated on any kind of DUI arrest. Which is exactly what happened Monday morning. Sad thing was, a later blood test was completely negative, no alcohol. It came out alright for him later, he got a better job at a more decent and understanding company, and his charges were later dropped and expunged after about a year. It's why I don't drink or take any kind of illicit drugs, I need my job more than I need the temporary high.

But I agree with you. If you're not in the actual act of driving, and you've positioned yourself in a way that causes no danger to other drivers and to property, how can you get an actual DUI? But from a cop's perspective, how did you get into that position to begin with? You probably/likely/certainly did drive to get to that position, or it was surely your intention to drive. Not to mention later waking up and attempting to drive while possibly still drunk. The cop says you've made a choice, the incorrect one, and need to pay for it, based solely on the optics. Either you did drive drunk, or it was your intention, or you were going to after a nap.

Which is how, in true Florida Man style, we've had a lot of people arrested for DUI while riding tractor mowers and even bicycles.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Lotta people driving drunk in the morning after a hard night. I’m sure I have.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:35 pm
Cassandros wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:43 pm That said, the arrest is not "suspicion", the arrest is for the DUI. And like any other charge, it can be dropped if the police do not have enough evidence against you, if you have the means to pay for an impressive defense, or well connected enough to have the police just do you a solid.

Every state seems to have its own turn on DUI laws, which can really trip you up when you cross state lines. And here in Florida, even without definite evidence of DUI, a cop can still get you on suspicion. Which might not be true in other states, I don't know. My own knowledge of this came about five years ago, when our company's best sales rep was picked up on DUI with property damage. That happened after a drunk driver forced him off the road, the drunk taking his half of the road right out of the middle, and our rep damaged a brick wall. Wet road, late at night, tired driver. Cop smelled alcohol on our rep, so made him blow, came up 0.01. Still the cop took our rep in. The alcohol smell was from our rep's wife who'd earlier spilled a whole glass of wine on herself, and actually was drunk. Unfortunately with our company, even suspicion of DUI with arrest takes away your right to drive on company time, and those of us who depend on driving on company time usually get immediately terminated on any kind of DUI arrest. Which is exactly what happened Monday morning. Sad thing was, a later blood test was completely negative, no alcohol. It came out alright for him later, he got a better job at a more decent and understanding company, and his charges were later dropped and expunged after about a year. It's why I don't drink or take any kind of illicit drugs, I need my job more than I need the temporary high.

But I agree with you. If you're not in the actual act of driving, and you've positioned yourself in a way that causes no danger to other drivers and to property, how can you get an actual DUI? But from a cop's perspective, how did you get into that position to begin with? You probably/likely/certainly did drive to get to that position, or it was surely your intention to drive. Not to mention later waking up and attempting to drive while possibly still drunk. The cop says you've made a choice, the incorrect one, and need to pay for it, based solely on the optics. Either you did drive drunk, or it was your intention, or you were going to after a nap.

Which is how, in true Florida Man style, we've had a lot of people arrested for DUI while riding tractor mowers and even bicycles.
Glad it all worked out for your ex-coworker.

I can see the officers POV in the cases where someone is sleeping on the side of the road drunk and agree with your assessment... they got that far, so clearly they were actively driving drunk. But in a parking lot, where the party/event was? Not as much.

I guess that's where the 'accessible keys' caveat comes in. If you see someone who looks keenly like they are about to commit a robbery, you can arrest them on suspicion and prevent a crime. So, if you have the keys on you it can be perceived as a crime waiting to happen. Whereas if your keys are in the trunk, then not as much.

Tell you what though, you bring up another aspect of this that irks me greatly. What the hell is the point of having a "legal limit" if you can still be arrested and charged for any alcohol related event when under said limit? Its almost like the law is tempting people to take the risk by saying there is a level where you are considered not impaired enough to drive, even though at the end of the day there really isn't.

Shenanigans!
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

They don't do that thing where you walk a straight line, touch your nose, recite the alphabet backwards etc in order for the cop to make a random judgement call over here, but maybe that's just how it's done on TV shows. Here it's a breathalyser, if you fail that a more accurate test at the police station which is done twice, and that is the only admissible piece of evidence to show if you were over the limit. Refusing to do the test is a separate crime with the same penalties.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

The cw here is to refuse the FST’s and go straight to the cop shop where tests can be done under controlled conditions.

But I’ve talked to CHP who say you don’t allow yourself to provide any “information for my investigation” and your goose is cooked.