Gross fuckers

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Gross fuckers

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:43 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:39 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:34 am
AnalHamster wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:25 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:23 am

Yes, thats why it needs to be a VAT- so everyone pays into the system.
Working pretty well over here with the workers paying in to systems supporting the retired (who used to be workers) and the young (who will become workers). Plenty over to support the dead weight. I guess it helps that we have a massively more efficient healthcare system which is still more effective though. Damn gummint.
Meh. I like the idea of everyone contributing. If its done like a sales tax then the wealthy will still contribute more.
But proportionally less. A progressive form of income tax is fairer for the simple reason that it is progressive.

Children, students, the unemployed and retired people do not contribute to NHS funding. That unfair?
Everyone should contribute. If you purchase something you pay- whether its 6 cents or a thousand dollars. Even if its a child. That child buys a candy bar? 1% (or whatever is determined) goes toward health care for everyone.
Children?
Sure. Children pay sales tax when they purchase something. What's the difference? Why can children contribute to road construction, schools, police, fire etc. but not health care?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:37 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:43 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:39 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:34 am
AnalHamster wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:25 am

Working pretty well over here with the workers paying in to systems supporting the retired (who used to be workers) and the young (who will become workers). Plenty over to support the dead weight. I guess it helps that we have a massively more efficient healthcare system which is still more effective though. Damn gummint.
Meh. I like the idea of everyone contributing. If its done like a sales tax then the wealthy will still contribute more.
But proportionally less. A progressive form of income tax is fairer for the simple reason that it is progressive.

Children, students, the unemployed and retired people do not contribute to NHS funding. That unfair?
Everyone should contribute. If you purchase something you pay- whether its 6 cents or a thousand dollars. Even if its a child. That child buys a candy bar? 1% (or whatever is determined) goes toward health care for everyone.
Children?
Sure. Children pay sales tax when they purchase something. What's the difference? Why can children contribute to road construction, schools, police, fire etc. but not health care?
Well they don't really, their parents (workers generally) give them some of their money which they use to buy sweets and toys. So basically more from the workers. National insurance is a dedicated pot funded by workers. But I guess that's really the conservative mindset in a nutshell there, essential services should be paid for more by people who cannot afford to pay to lighten the tax burden on the wealthy.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:18 pm I was at a restaurant this past weekend sitting at the bar for brunch. A group of six young blacks came in and ordered drinks; a couple of mimosas, bloody marys, and a newvo (?). Anyways, the bartender asked to see their IDs and every one of them, all six, produced one for the bartender. I was fucking stunned. I couldnt believe it. How in the fuck did they all get an ID????
Oh no! They have somehow gained access to the hidden cove of evil magic white people have kept hidden for years!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:46 pm
Biker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:18 pm I was at a restaurant this past weekend sitting at the bar for brunch. A group of six young blacks came in and ordered drinks; a couple of mimosas, bloody marys, and a newvo (?). Anyways, the bartender asked to see their IDs and every one of them, all six, produced one for the bartender. I was fucking stunned. I couldnt believe it. How in the fuck did they all get an ID????
Oh no! They have somehow gained access to the hidden cove of evil magic white people have kept hidden for years!
I tell you what, it will make for a great story at dinner parties with my fellow Democrats. They'll be shocked
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

Maybe they came with the bikes they stole.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Animal wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:33 pm
spudoc wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:54 am
Animal wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:36 am wow, we are busted. everyone knows its in bad faith to ask a voter to provide valid ID in order to prove they are who they say they are. the nerve.
At this point in time there really can be only two reasons why republicans are beating this “voter integrity” drum so hard. Either they believe the big lie or they want to prevent people who traditionally don’t support republicans from voting.
:lol: Why are those the "only two reasons"? Why can't the reason be the obvious one staring you right in the face? Why can't the reason that I want you to have to show a valid ID in order to vote - be because I want to make sure you are who you say you are and you are a citizen?

Why do you brush off that reason and try to insert other reasons that fit your conspiracy narrative?
In a sane society laws are made in response to an event. These voting laws being pushed through red states' legislatures are no different. Either they believe that there was massive fraud that cost Trump the election or they are pissed at the results and want to stop voters who don't vote with them from voting at all. And is it a conspiracy narrative when polls show that 70% of republicans believe that the election was fraudulent?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:56 pm
Animal wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:36 am wow, we are busted. everyone knows its in bad faith to ask a voter to provide valid ID in order to prove they are who they say they are. the nerve.
At this point in time there really can be only two reasons why republicans are beating this “voter integrity” drum so hard. Either they believe the big lie or they want to prevent people who traditionally don’t support republicans from voting.
:lol: Why are those the "only two reasons"? Why can't the reason be the obvious one staring you right in the face? Why can't the reason that I want you to have to show a valid ID in order to vote - be because I want to make sure you are who you say you are and you are a citizen?

Why do you brush off that reason and try to insert other reasons that fit your conspiracy narrative?
In a sane society laws are made in response to an event. These voting laws being pushed through red states' legislatures are no different. Either they believe that there was massive fraud that cost Trump the election or they are pissed at the results and want to stop voters who don't vote with them from voting at all. And is it a conspiracy narrative when polls show that 70% of republicans believe that the election was fraudulent?
are you insinuating that asking people to show an ID when they vote will result in fewer democrats being able to vote?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Animal wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 pm
spudoc wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:56 pm

are you insinuating that asking people to show an ID when they vote will result in fewer democrats being able to vote?
Good luck getting any lib to admit that, Ace.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.