(Legally) Banning the Competition

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Cassandros
Hamsterphile

(Legally) Banning the Competition

Post by Cassandros »

Any guesses as to who lobbied for such bullshit laws?

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." - Atlas Shrugged
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: (Legally) Banning the Competition

Post by CaptQuint »

"Pass me my Social Security and Medicare please"

Ayn Rand
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Make no mistake, I am not a fan of Ayn Rand, but that quote is apt.

Especially for the content of the video that you so predictably avoided discussing...

Do you support this KY law or no? Feel free to put your own thoughts on the matter --> if capable.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

He sued and won in 2014, the law (passed in 1950) was held to be unconstitutional.

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/us/5 ... 493498ec33
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Which is excellent news.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

So society is less doomed than it was from 1950 to 2014 then? Things moving in the right direction?
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

AnalHamster wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:18 pm So society is less doomed than it was from 1950 to 2014 then? Things moving in the right direction?
His entire point of the thread was to have a reason to quote Ayn Rand and then tell everyone that he is not a fan. But that she is quite brilliant. Not that he likes her. But wants to have her babies.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

spudoc wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:24 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:18 pm So society is less doomed than it was from 1950 to 2014 then? Things moving in the right direction?
His entire point of the thread was to have a reason to quote Ayn Rand and then tell everyone that he is not a fan. But that she is quite brilliant. Not that he likes her. But wants to have her babies.
Actually someone posted that quote in the comments of the youtube video.

I thought it was apt and added it in.

But haters going to hate. Isn't that right spudoc...
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Could be considered apt if you were under the misapprehension that this was a new law, but if you were aware it was from 1950 and had recently been overturned thanks to a leftward shift in the courts, it doesn't really seem to fit does it?

I'd say what does fit is you seeking something to be outraged over to fit your narrative, but accidentally finding something you had no idea directly contradicts that narrative..
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Apt for the video. Hence posted with the video.

Already said I am glad that law was struck down...

But you can't register that, and instead keep trying to start shit --> like a whiny little bitch.

Be better.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Cassandros wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:41 pm Apt for the video. Hence posted with the video.

But you can't register that, and instead keep trying to start shit --> like a whiny little bitch.

Be better.
It's apt to claim that a law on the books for 70 years means doom for the society that passed it? A law struck down 8 years ago?

Sure thing buddy. Going to pretend you knew it had been struck down 8 years ago before I told you? :lol:
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

I never said I knew, and didn't know. Hence why I commented after you reported the follow-up news as "excellent news".

The quote was apt when I posted it. It relates to the content of the video correctly and completely.

You must really feel like you need some kind of "win" on this board if you are going to make a mountain our of mole hill over an apt quote to a video I posted. But honestly, you just look like whiny little bitch.

Again, be better.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Cassandros wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:03 pm I never said I knew, and didn't know. Hence why I commented after you reported the follow-up news as "excellent news".

The quote was apt when I posted it. It relates to the content of the video correctly and completely.

You must really feel like you need some kind of "win" on this board if you are going to make a mountain our of mole hill over an apt quote to a video I posted. But honestly, you just look like whiny little bitch.

Again, be better.
You were attempting to stir outrage over an issue that had already been resolved.
Be better informed.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

spudoc wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:24 pm
Cassandros wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:03 pm I never said I knew, and didn't know. Hence why I commented after you reported the follow-up news as "excellent news".

Again, be better.
You were attempting to stir outrage over an issue that had already been resolved.
Be better informed.
I stumbled on a video that I thought was fucked up and posted it.

There was nothing in the text or comments that I read that mentioned a resolution...

Get over yourself and stop being a little bitch like analhamster.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Cassandros wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:35 pm

Again, be better.
Be better informed.

There was nothing in the text or comments that I read that mentioned a resolution...

Go post about mushrooms on Mars. I'm sure that subject is somehow tied to our inevitable Orwellian future of tyranny.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Again, be better.
You just need to admit what your own positions are, it would really help you understand them. You posted this because you wanted to pretend society is breaking down and moving this way, but it's actually an old law that was finally repealed 8 years ago. If you weren't such a moron you'd be able to rethink, but you simply can't.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Again, be better.
Be better informed.

How do you think I found what the resolution was exactly? Magic?
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

spudoc wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:39 pm

Again, be better.
Be better informed.

Go post about mushrooms on Mars. I'm sure that subject is somehow tied to our inevitable Orwellian future of tyranny.
Keep being a hater.

Loser.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

AnalHamster wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:57 pm

Again, be better.
You just need to admit what your own positions are, it would really help you understand them. You posted this because you wanted to pretend society is breaking down and moving this way, but it's actually an old law that was finally repealed 8 years ago. If you weren't such a moron you'd be able to rethink, but you simply can't.
That is your accusation. And as usual, you are wrong.
AnalHamster wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:00 pm

Again, be better.
Be better informed.

How do you think I found what the resolution was exactly? Magic?
Google?

You always want to desperately prove me wrong, and since its so rare you clearly are going full retard against me in this thread now.

Good job kiddo, you bothered to find the follow-up that I didn't. Do you want a cookie?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

You assert I'm wrong but have no alternative explanation. And yes, it was a couple of minutes googling that led me to my conclusions, coupled with the ability to actually seek answers rather than try to confirm my starting conclusion. It's a skill you really should try to learn.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Keep living in your sea of delusions, kiddo.

Again, you always want to desperately prove me wrong, and since its so rare you clearly are going full retard against me in this thread now.

Good job, you bothered to find the follow-up that I didn't. Do you want a cookie?

Seriously? Other than looking like a child, what is your goal here?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

I was just trying to help you understand and work on your confirmation bias problem lil buddy. Just try to think about it.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:53 pm
Cassandros wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:41 pm Apt for the video. Hence posted with the video.

Be better.
It's apt to claim that a law on the books for 70 years means doom for the society that passed it? A law struck down 8 years ago?

Sure thing buddy. Going to pretend you knew it had been struck down 8 years ago before I told you? :lol:
But it's systemic. The effects can be felt even today.