So, was it a lab leak or nah?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Did the COVID pandemic begin because of a lab leak from the WIV?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 21

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

So, was it a lab leak or nah?

Post by Biker »

If you had to guess right now, what do you think?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: So, was it a lab leak or nah?

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:45 pm If you had to guess right now, what do you think?
Since Trump said he thought it was, very early on, I suspect that any evidence that proves otherwise would have long ago been burned.

However, my gut tells me there is little doubt it came out of the lab. Coincidences like that just don't happen. The one place on earth that humans study coronoviruses? The one city that has a lab like that? I am a little surprised that out of the two possible scenarios, this one got pushed aside in favor of the wet market theory.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:59 pm
Biker wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:45 pm If you had to guess right now, what do you think?
Since Trump said he thought it was, very early on, I suspect that any evidence that proves otherwise would have long ago been burned.

However, my gut tells me there is little doubt it came out of the lab. Coincidences like that just don't happen. The one place on earth that humans study coronoviruses? The one city that has a lab like that? I am a little surprised that out of the two possible scenarios, this one got pushed aside in favor of the wet market theory.
And the bat to blame wasnt closer than 1000 miles from Wuhan. And that three WIV researchers were hospitalized for COVID like illnesses in the autumn. And that there was no vulnerabilities in the virus. And that there was no intermediate hosts. And that.......

But yeah. Capt Stapes will tell us it was bat soup
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:04 pm
Animal wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:59 pm

And the bat to blame wasnt closer than 1000 miles from Wuhan. And that three WIV researchers were hospitalized for COVID like illnesses in the autumn. And that there was no vulnerabilities in the virus. And that there was no intermediate hosts. And that.......

But yeah. Capt Stapes will tell us it was bat soup
If you are connecting dots, the "lab leak" theory is very simple to explain. And the protocols in place in that lab for handling the things they handled were not that strict. At all. That's not to blame the lab, that's just the accepted practice for that kind of work (at the time).

Now, connecting the dots, on how the virus went from animal to human in the "wet market" theory is MUCH MUCH more difficult. Simply eating a bat wouldn't have done the trick. Not to mention the complete lack of evidence of any sort that links it to there. It actually smells completely like a scapegoat theory thought up by a bunch of scientists trying to cover their ass.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:08 pm Simply eating a bat wouldn't have done the trick.
Exactly, unless this is the first virus in history to show no vulnerabilities after the species jump
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Yes it came out of the lab. The real question is was it intentionally released?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:47 pm Yes it came out of the lab. The real question is was it intentionally released?
I sure don't think it was intentionally released. If that had been the plan, they would have released it somewhere else to give it the actual signs that it had jumped from nature and not the front porch of that lab.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Antknot wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:47 pm Yes it came out of the lab. The real question is was it intentionally released?
Agreed, it wasnt intentional. China has a lot to loose if it did release it on purpose and after all is said and done, they are a pragmatic people
Biker

Post by Biker »

Pretty sure I can guess who the two that said no are. I'm sure it will bump up to 3 when Capt Cranky checks in
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

That it hurts China doesn't rule out intentional release.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Antknot wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:57 pm That it hurts China doesn't rule out intentional release.
Perhaps, but what do you think theyre motivation would be?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:27 pm
Antknot wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:57 pm That it hurts China doesn't rule out intentional release.
the right way to do it would be to have the vaccine already developed and then use the virus like ransom ware and make them pay for the vaccine. of course, at the end of the game you wouldn't have very many friends left.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:33 pm
the right way to do it would be to have the vaccine already developed and then use the virus like ransom ware and make them pay for the vaccine. of course, at the end of the game you wouldn't have very many friends left.
And the vaccine that they did develop has a low efficacy rate
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

The virus can be clearly identified as hacked in the lab.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Who the hell knows. The thought processes of someone who would make Covid are only slightly less suspect than the ones who released it.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Looks like Capt weighed in :lol:

#CCPcuck
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

To think, just a few months ago to even suggest it was a lab creation got you instantly labeled a 'conspiracy theorist'...

I have some ideas on motivation.

But here is some food for thought:

“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Biker

Post by Biker »

Is Biden a CCP asset? :?: :idea:
Biden administration terminated probe into possibility of Wuhan lab leak: report

The revelation comes as the liberal media has pivoted its coverage of the possibility of the lab leak from conspiracy during the Trump administration, to a credible theory under the Biden administration.

President Joe Biden’s administration reportedly terminated an investigation launched by the State Department under Mike Pompeo into the possibility of the COVID pandemic originating from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

According to CNN, the investigation by the State Department’s Arms Control and Verification Bureau was focused on examining if China’s biological weapons program could have had a "greater role in the pandemic’s origin in Wuhan."

"Officials involved in the effort relied on scientific research as well as public and classified information to probe the lab leak theory, including looking into any possible connection between the virus and the Chinese government’s biological weapons program. The US government has said that it believes China maintained an offensive biological weapons program even after joining the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention in 1984. China refutes this."

The revelation comes as the liberal media has pivoted its coverage of the possibility of the lab leak from conspiracy during the Trump administration, to a credible theory under the Biden administration.

The narrative changed in the media following the publishing of a new report which stated that three researchers from the Wuhan lab were hospitalized in November 2019 with symptoms consistent with the coronavirus.

According to The Wall Street Journal, "The details of the reporting go beyond a State Department fact sheet, issued during the final days of the Trump administration, which said that several researchers at the lab, a center for the study of coronaviruses and other pathogens, became sick in autumn 2019 ‘with symptoms consistent with both Covid-19 and common seasonal illness. The disclosure of the number of researchers, the timing of their illnesses and their hospital visits come on the eve of a meeting of the World Health Organization’s decision-making body, which is expected to discuss the next phase of an investigation into Covid-19’s origins." This followed reports earlier this month that the Chinese military had explored weaponizing SARS coronaviruses several years before the COVID-19 outbreak.

According to CNN, National security adviser Jake Sullivan criticized the World Health Organization's efforts to find a source for the virus in February. "Going forward, all countries, including China, should participate in a transparent and robust process for preventing and responding to health emergencies, so that the world learns as much as possible as soon as possible." The WHO had originally concluded it was unlikely that the outbreak originated at the lab and didn’t need further study.

White House infections disease chief Dr. Anthony Fauci has shifted 180 degrees on his previous position on whether the COVID virus causing the current pandemic could have had originals in a Wuhan lab after all.

Meanwhile the media has attempted to blame the shift in coverage on former President Donald Trump. In an appearance on CNN, Maggie Haberman blamed Trump and Pompeo for the COVID lab leak theory being "made political." Haberman blamed the politicization of the theory on Trump repeating the theory after "burning {his} credibility" and bringing it up in an "election year."
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

i am still suffering from it everyday. if they find out where it came from i hope to hell they send a nuke to say hi
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Hopefully cap saved all the screenshots of all the comments making fun of the folks who thought it might be a possibility.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:04 pm Hopefully cap saved all the screenshots of all the comments making fun of the folks who thought it might be a possibility.
no. if it wasn't something WTC said, him and RD won't have a separate hard drive dedicated to screen shots.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Biker

Post by Biker »

necronomous wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:22 pm
Cant upset the CCP, ya know
John Cena apologizes to China for calling Taiwan a country in ‘F9' interview
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

BigRedRetard wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:56 pm
pork wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:20 pm i am still suffering from it everyday. if they find out where it came from i hope to hell they send a nuke to say hi
Pussy!
yeah...i would have said the same thing if it didn't happen to me. its no joke. 7 months no taste or smell and extreme pain in my joints. never had either issue in my life.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

pork wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:20 pm i am still suffering from it everyday. if they find out where it came from i hope to hell they send a nuke to say hi
Hope you’re seeing improvements.