Anti vaxers making for an interesting ending to the pandemic

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

megman
Nanook of the North

Re: Anti vaxers making for an interesting ending to the pandemic

Post by megman »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:15 am the Anti-Vaxxers just need to admit it. They are scared of a needle. :lol:
I took allergy shots for 8 years as a child. I have no problem with needles. What I have a problem with is shit being pushed through without the proper testing.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:15 am the Anti-Vaxxers just need to admit it. They are scared of a needle. :lol:
The label "anti-vaxxer' is no different than 'conspiracy theorist'.

Its tossed out to discredit someone's point of view so that no one will actually look at or consider said point of view.

Of course there are some true nut cases in the camp; but, the vast majority of people who get labeled and their voice dismissed are good, smart people, who came to their point of view through research and/or real life experience. Also, most are not "anti-vaccine" --> they actually just want safer vaccines, more transparency and less protections for vaccine makers, and a better accountability system than what's in place.

Big pharma spends a LOT of money to keep people of the mind that 'vaccines are 100% safe' and 'anyone who disagrees is an anti-vaccine nut' for a reason...
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
theclap
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by theclap »

Here is one reason the vax is pushed so hard.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/21/business ... index.html
theclap

Post by theclap »

Cassandros wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:11 am
theclap wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:56 am
Stapes wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:42 am Enjoy your Delta variant non-vaxxers. (insert sinister laugh)
Thank you to all of you unpaid test subjects for helping to eradicate the virus.... Like the flu vaccine did....
It could be worse than that.

I was listening to some of Geert Vanden Bossche, a very pro-vaccine and prominent microbiologist, and he made an interesting point that very few people have considered. In a nutshell, he talks about how the vaccine antibodies are both 'targeted' for covid specifically and that they kind of overpower the natural immune systems more versitile antibodies (that can react to any virus).

This could mean two things: one, something I have said a lot, there will be constant needs for new vaccines to match the new covid mutations; and two, which I never considered, is people who get the vaccine(s) are potentially making themselves more vulnerable to other diseases.

He is real dry and has a thick accent, but if you can manage to power through all that he is worth a listen.
Cytokine storm. What if next flu season all the vaxxed people start dropping like prom dresses?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:49 pm Here is one reason the vax is pushed so hard.

Then tell the president to stop buying millions of doses to just hand out to other countries. I get that its the thing to do, but if it is creeping people out with conspiracy type theories then it isn't worth it. These spending spreeds have to end. We have already bought more than enough to vaccinate everyone. We just need to work now to convince the people like yourself that its for the greater good of the country.
theclap

Post by theclap »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:57 pm
theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:49 pm Here is one reason the vax is pushed so hard.

Then tell the president to stop buying millions of doses to just hand out to other countries. I get that its the thing to do, but if it is creeping people out with conspiracy type theories then it isn't worth it. These spending spreeds have to end. We have already bought more than enough to vaccinate everyone. We just need to work now to convince the people like yourself that its for the greater good of the country.
WE need to CONVINCE people like me it's for the greater good? That statement has some frightening connotations.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:23 pm

WE need to CONVINCE people like me it's for the greater good? That statement has some frightening connotations.
:lol: calm down, Nancy. What kind of conspiracy did you think it was when your mom told you to drink your milk? Or when you had to sit down on the school bus?
theclap

Post by theclap »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:57 pm
theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:23 pm

:lol: calm down, Nancy. What kind of conspiracy did you think it was when your mom told you to drink your milk? Or when you had to sit down on the school bus?
Here is the problem for people like you that feel it's your job to make everybody think like you.... I am not a conspiracy theorist nor an anti-vaxxer. The world and people in it are often more complicated than those labels. Focusing on those labels has you punching at shadows.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:21 pm Here is the problem for people like you that feel it's your job to make everybody think like you.... I am not a conspiracy theorist nor an anti-vaxxer. The world and people in it are often more complicated than those labels. Focusing on those labels has you punching at shadows.
maybe, but i tend to keep things pretty simple. this virus could completely go away if "we" gave it fewer options to survive. If we create enough dead ends, then it has no host left and dies off. We are seeing that to some degree right now. We are so close we can actually feel the difference in our lives. If just a few more people, like you, would get the freaking vaccine, then we could move on. I really don't need any labels to have that discussion.

its sort of like a rumor. if people stop repeating it, then at some point no one will have heard it so they won't know to repeat it even if they want to.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

I wonder when simps like Stapes get their cut :lol:
theclap

Post by theclap »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:42 pm
theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:21 pm Here is the problem for people like you that feel it's your job to make everybody think like you.... I am not a conspiracy theorist nor an anti-vaxxer. The world and people in it are often more complicated than those labels. Focusing on those labels has you punching at shadows.
maybe, but i tend to keep things pretty simple. this virus could completely go away if "we" gave it fewer options to survive. If we create enough dead ends, then it has no host left and dies off. We are seeing that to some degree right now. We are so close we can actually feel the difference in our lives. If just a few more people, like you, would get the freaking vaccine, then we could move on. I really don't need any labels to have that discussion.

its sort of like a rumor. if people stop repeating it, then at some point no one will have heard it so they won't know to repeat it even if they want to.
Same way we erradicated the flu with vaccines?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

influenza and coronaviruses are the same! DERP
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:05 pm

No. More like how we eradicated small pox. The flu changes significantly from year to year. Vaccines have certainly helped minimize the effects of the flu, but I would suppose you don't get flu vaccines either. So we have a bunch of people like you that don't do it. And, since the flu isn't all that deadly, people just blow it off. Small pox, on the other hand, was quite deadly, so people took it more seriously and we were fortunate enough to completely get rid of it.
theclap

Post by theclap »

Would you consider a .2% fatality rate to be high?
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:00 pm Would you consider a .2% fatality rate to be high?
. 2% is inaccurate......You're cherry picking numbers and it's just disingenuous biker think
I blame Biker.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:11 pm
theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:05 pm

No. More like how we eradicated small pox. The flu changes significantly from year to year. Vaccines have certainly helped minimize the effects of the flu, but I would suppose you don't get flu vaccines either. So we have a bunch of people like you that don't do it. And, since the flu isn't all that deadly, people just blow it off. Small pox, on the other hand, was quite deadly, so people took it more seriously and we were fortunate enough to completely get rid of it.
From what I read Covid mutates faster than the flu, small pox barely mutated at all and actually got less deadly as time went by, not more.

Which is probably the difference between a natural disease and a gain-of-function one. But I digress...

The vaccine is like having a specific key for a specific lock - as the covid virus mutates the 'lock' changes... and the 'key' starts to not fit anymore. Be happy as more successful treatments are created, because eradicating this virus is pretty much off the table (and honestly, never really was on the table to begin with).
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:51 pm
Stapes wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:42 am Enjoy your Delta variant non-vaxxers. (insert sinister laugh)
Thank you to all of you unpaid test subjects for helping to eradicate the virus.... Like the flu vaccine did....

I was listening to some of Geert Vanden Bossche, a very pro-vaccine and prominent microbiologist, and he made an interesting point that very few people have considered. In a nutshell, he talks about how the vaccine antibodies are both 'targeted' for covid specifically and that they kind of overpower the natural immune systems more versitile antibodies (that can react to any virus).

This could mean two things: one, something I have said a lot, there will be constant needs for new vaccines to match the new covid mutations; and two, which I never considered, is people who get the vaccine(s) are potentially making themselves more vulnerable to other diseases.

He is real dry and has a thick accent, but if you can manage to power through all that he is worth a listen.
Cytokine storm. What if next flu season all the vaxxed people start dropping like prom dresses?
Its certainly a possibility.

Especially as annual covid boosters become a thing...
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i notice one thing about you anti-vaxxers (sorry, but if it quacks....)

if you make a point with some kind of study you have heard and then you find out its completely debunked and wrong, that doesn't matter. you just move on to some new reason. When a person goes to that much trouble to defend a position, then they aren't using logic. I have to go back to just assuming you are scared of a needle. its the only thing that makes any sense.
theclap

Post by theclap »

Animal wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:33 am i notice one thing about you anti-vaxxers (sorry, but if it quacks....)

if you make a point with some kind of study you have heard and then you find out its completely debunked and wrong, that doesn't matter. you just move on to some new reason. When a person goes to that much trouble to defend a position, then they aren't using logic. I have to go back to just assuming you are scared of a needle. its the only thing that makes any sense.
Moving on to the next reason may just mean we have several reasons why we feel the way we do. You have not debunked every reason. Also you are wrong..No problem with needles. I am just not convinced it's a good choice for me.
theclap

Post by theclap »

Cassandros wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:18 am
theclap wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:51 pm

Its certainly a possibility.

Especially as annual covid boosters become a thing...
Anual boosters! Yay!! Keep the grift going, keep pharmas money rolling in!
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

theclap wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:18 am
Animal wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:33 am i notice one thing about you anti-vaxxers (sorry, but if it quacks....)

Moving on to the next reason may just mean we have several reasons why we feel the way we do. You have not debunked every reason. Also you are wrong..No problem with needles. I am just not convinced it's a good choice for me.
You said "it's not a good choice for me" 14 times in this thread. How about you shut the fuck up already?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
theclap

Post by theclap »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:22 am

You said "it's not a good choice for me" 14 times in this thread. How about you shut the fuck up already?
Animal says he needs to work to change my mind so my thought is relevant. Grow up, get a women, have some kids. Stop drooling over sailors.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

list a reason that i haven't debunked. i would honestly like to hear one that makes sense to me.
theclap

Post by theclap »

Animal wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:26 am

list a reason that i haven't debunked. i would honestly like to hear one that makes sense to me.
5% of covid deaths are from covid only.
theclap

Post by theclap »

When you go thru this much effort to defend your position, you aren't using logic.