Biden labor shortage at record levels

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Biden labor shortage at record levels

Post by Biker »

Record 9.3 Million Job Openings Unfilled as Biden Labor Shortage Continues

by Matt PalumboPosted: June 8, 2021

Within the course of a year and change the U.S. economy has gone from mass unemployment caused by a pandemic and subsequent government responses to it, to suffering from a labor shortage also exacerbated by government policy.

Generally speaking red states had the least restrictive lockdown measures while blue states had the most. A recent analysis found that states that voted for Trump saw their unemployment rates drop an average of 2.5 percentage points during the pandemic, while states that voted Biden saw declines of 6.2 percentage points. The divergence peaked in October when blue states had unemployment rates nearly 60% higher than red states.

A similar trend holds true for the recovery. Of the top 20 states that recovered the fastest from the pandemic (measured in terms of the percentage of jobs recovered that were lost), 17 have Republican governors. Idaho and Utah lead the pack, having recovered more jobs than they lost from the pandemic. They recovered 114.4% and 113.2% of their respective job losses.

Democrat governors have yet to get the memo, and that’s helped fuel the national labor shortage.

According to CNBC:

Job openings in April soared to a new record high, with 9.3 million vacancies coming as the economy rapidly recovered from its pandemic depths.

The standard set in April was well above the 8.3 million in March that itself was a new series high going back to 2000 for the Labor Departments Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey.

One big challenge for employers, however, is finding available labor. Child care issues, ongoing fears about the pandemic and the lure of enhanced unemployment benefits has kept the unemployment rolls at 9.3 million, about 3.6 million higher than pre-pandemic.

Quits, which are seen as a gauge of worker confidence that they can find other employment, rose considerably, to 3.95 million. That represented growth of 384,000, an increase of 10.8% that took the quits rate as a share of the labor force up to a record 2.7% from 2.5%.

During the pandemic the federal government began offering enhanced unemployment benefits of $600 a week per worker, which made sense at a time when there were no jobs for the unemployed to look for. That $600 boost ended in July 2020, and was resurrected by Biden in the form of a $300 weekly benefit at a time when economies were reopening. All of this is in addition to all other benefits one is normally eligible for, and has put many in the position of being able to earn more doing nothing than working.

Twenty-four Republican-led states have decided to do away with the weekly $300 boost. The benefits are set to expire naturally on September 6th, but these states will be ending them as soon as June 12, and 3.8 million will be impacted. Job searches immediately rose in the states that announced they’d be ending them early.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Biden labor shortage at record levels

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker is unemployed
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Biker

Post by Biker »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:33 pm Biker is unemployed
Think again, wagie
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I hope the democrats take this opportunity to finally learn how their "welfare" programs did more to completely damage a sector of this country's population.

This we have done in only one year. The other is going on generations now.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Please come back to your part-time low-wage shit jobs so we can take advantage of you again...... You're making my profits suffer....whaaaahhhhh....

And we're going to need you to come in Sunday..... mmmmkay
I blame Biker.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

Stapes wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:30 pm Please come back to your part-time low-wage shit jobs so we can take advantage of you again...... You're making my profits suffer....whaaaahhhhh....

This is a w/ctc level of stupidity.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:39 am
Stapes wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:30 pm Please come back to your part-time low-wage shit jobs so we can take advantage of you again...... You're making my profits suffer....whaaaahhhhh....

What would you know steering wheel holder
I blame Biker.
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

if you can make up to 90% of your wages sitting at home, that's what you're going to do. You're not going to work full time for that extra 10%. Labor shortage will push wages up but they'll have to go up pretty high to pull people back into the workforce. Or dems will have to stop paying those people to stay home, but then they lose all their votes.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

BigRedRetard wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:03 pm I just finished a job interview. Wish me luck!
Break a leg.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

Stapes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:44 am

I know that part time low wage shit jobs is how you get experience for full-time high wage jobs, if businesses don't make profits they close down and employ no one, someone needs to flip my burger on Sunday and if you're trying to support a family on a minimum wage job then you suck at life.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:26 pm
Stapes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:44 am

I know that part time low wage shit jobs is how you get experience for full-time high wage jobs, if businesses don't make profits they close down and employ no one, someone needs to flip my burger on Sunday and if you're trying to support a family on a minimum wage job then you suck at life.
If you think burger flippers are the only ones getting shit wages, shit hours and no benefits you are truly ignorant. This country is fueled by corporate and stock holder profits exploiting labor. They arent teenagers working these jobs. And if flipping burgers and serving assholes like you is so beneath you how come you cunts are crying so loud when they aren't available
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i've got an idea. let's legalize marijuana around the country and then pay people to stay home for about a year and see how much that increases production from the work force.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Kind of off subject but shouldn't the burgers be better if they are paying people $20 an hour to make them? Fries too. I mistakenly ate fast food for lunch and it was terrible.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Biden's reckless budget has potential to crush America's economy, trigger massive recession. Here's why

Biden has absolutely no way to pay for his incredibly expensive plan

At the end of a busy news week, just before the start of the Memorial Day weekend, President Joe Biden announced the details of his budget proposal for the next fiscal year.

The timing of the release is telling. When presidents are excited about their policy agenda and confident it will be well received by the American people, they do not release the details hours before most of the country goes on vacation. That is, however, a strategy politicians use when they are trying to avoid negative press.

After taking a careful look at the budget proposal, it is not hard to see why the White House tried to bury the release of Biden’s budget.

As expected, Biden’s budget includes many of the large government spending programs the White House has been pushing for months, including $115 billion for roads and bridges, $225 billion for child care subsidies, $174 billion for electric vehicles and $109 billion for "free" community college, among many other items.

Undoubtedly, some Americans will find these programs appealing, but what most of the country will not want to hear is that Biden has absolutely no way to pay for his incredibly expensive plan, and that its costly provisions could result in a large-scale economic crash.

The total cost of Biden’s proposal is an astounding $6 trillion, and according to the White House’s own estimates — which are almost certainly too low — the first-year deficit for Biden’s budget is $1.8 trillion.

If the White House’s estimates are accurate, the deficit under Biden’s budget would be larger than every other deficit recorded in American history prior to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, with only one exception: 2009, the start of the "Great Recession," when the annual deficit also reached $1.8 trillion.

Biden does plan to offset some of his proposed government programs by raising taxes on job-creating businesses and wealthier families and individuals, but the White House’s own estimates suggest that deficits will remain historically high throughout his presidency, despite the tax increases, and for many years more, too.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

The news driving in this morning said that the Dallas City council is trying to figure out what to do with the $500 million that they just got in Covid money. They are pitching all kinds of ideas.

The front page of the Fort Worth paper was talking about what the Fort Worth City council is planning to do with the $200 million they got. They said they can use it for things that they have wanted to do but didn't have them high enough on the priority list to use city revenue. Like replacing saucer arena, building another convention hotel, etc. The article read like a teenage girl with a new credit card.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

BUILD THE WALL!!!!!
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:57 pm BUILD THE WALL!!!!!
we have never had more of a reason to than this moment in time.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Texas will build a wall along its border with Mexico, governor says

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... reg-abbott

Well, that sounds like a good use of money mere months after the Texas power grid totally failed and caused people to freeze to death.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Governor Abbott wants Texas to build its own wall but unfortunately the conundrum is they would need cheap Mexican labor to do it
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:05 pm Texas will build a wall along its border with Mexico, governor says

Well, that sounds like a good use of money mere months after the Texas power grid totally failed and caused people to freeze to death.
I think that is Abbott trying to score media points with an election on the horizon.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:05 pm Governor Abbott wants Texas to build its own wall but unfortunately the conundrum is they would need cheap Mexican labor to do it
you keep throwing the word "cheap" out there whenever you mention Mexican labor. Its not cheap labor. Its just labor. There is no white labor, cheap or otherwise.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:11 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:05 pm Texas will build a wall along its border with Mexico, governor says

I think that is Abbott trying to score media points with an election on the horizon.
So he's just stealing Trump's lie, got it
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:12 pm
Stapes wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:05 pm Governor Abbott wants Texas to build its own wall but unfortunately the conundrum is they would need cheap Mexican labor to do it
you keep throwing the word "cheap" out there whenever you mention Mexican labor. Its not cheap labor. Its just labor. There is no white labor, cheap or otherwise.
Your the El Jefe...
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:12 pm

Well, no. actually trump built some wall, in case you missed it. surprisingly, around 450 miles, i think. Which is quite a bit when you consider the border is only about 1450 miles.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:17 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:12 pm

Well, no. actually trump built some wall, in case you missed it. surprisingly, around 450 miles, i think. Which is quite a bit when you consider the border is only about 1450 miles.
They built 47 miles of barriers where none existed before
I blame Biker.