Texas Abortion Law

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Texas Abortion Law

Post by Stapes »

Seriously.......what is wrong with this state? Republicans are a menace to society.

https://fortune.com/2021/07/09/texas-ab ... y-hunting/

New Texas law opens up abortion bounty hunting

An antiabortion law in Texas will soon allow any U.S. citizen to sue Texas-based abortion clinics, doctors, and anyone who aids in an abortion. If successful, the petitioner, who does not have to reside in Texas, will receive an $10,000 award and the cost for attorney’s fees. Pro-choice advocates worry that this cash prize may create a new cottage industry of aggressive antiabortion bounty hunters.

The provision, which passed the Texas state legislature this spring, is part of a larger antiabortion bill which will ban all abortions after a doctor detects a fetal heartbeat, usually around the six-week mark.

Many don’t know they are pregnant before six weeks. For most people, a six-week ban would stop access to abortion just two weeks after a missed period.

The law is set to take effect on Sept. 1, and lawyers for abortion clinics are unsure of how to rebuke it because the government isn’t the enforcing body. In the past, six-week bans in other states have all been eventually found unconstitutional as they’ve risen through the legal system.

This “legal hack” could be a way to get around that.

Typically, governmental agencies shut down or challenge abortion clinics accused of breaking the law, and the clinics then have a way to challenge the constitutionality of the state law through the courts. By deputizing Americans to sue on their own, clinics and doctors can no longer employ that method.

An organization like Planned Parenthood would normally go to court and sue Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton before the bill is enacted, but because he is not the one enforcing the law, it has to instead wait to be sued itself.

Opening up the ability to sue to all Americans could also inundate clinics with lawsuits, overwhelming their limited legal and monetary resources. Even if they ultimately win cases, time and money will be depleted.

“Every citizen is now a private attorney general,” said Josh Blackman, a constitutional law professor at South Texas College of Law Houston.“You can have random people who are against abortion start suing tomorrow.”

Over 370 Texas attorneys, including county attorneys, current and former elected officials, former judges, and law professors wrote a letter to the state legislature earlier this spring expressing their concerns over the bill.

“In an attempt to avoid a constitutional challenge that the state will likely lose, these bills are drafted to remove any state actor from enforcing them, but allow ‘any person’ to use Texas state courts to enforce compliance with 28 existing regulations and the new unconstitutional ban,” the letter read.

The bill, said critics, is an “affront” to our system of government. “By allowing anyone in the country to sue, we would be throwing open our courthouse doors to harassing and frivolous lawsuits against doctors—putting more strain on our already overburdened court system,” said Dallas County judge Clay Jenkins in a statement.

Other Texas legal officials expressed concern that the bill was broad enough to allow sexual predators to profit off their assaults. “The bill is so extreme that it could even allow a rapist to sue a doctor for providing care to a sexual assault survivor and for the rapist to recover financial damages,” wrote Travis County attorney Delia Garza.

While the bill does not allow convicted felons to sue, abortion rights advocates say that the bill’s wording is vague and that the majority of rapes and assaults go unreported.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott stood behind the provision, citing his religious beliefs.

“Our creator endowed us with the right to life, and yet millions of children lose their right to life every year because of abortion,” Abbott said in a bill signing ceremony in May. The legislature “worked together on a bipartisan basis to pass a bill that I’m about to sign that ensures that the life of every unborn child who has a heartbeat will be saved from the ravages of abortion.”

They even admit it's about Jesus and nothing more.
Last edited by Stapes on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I blame Biker.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Texas Abortion Law

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WTF? This can't be real. :eek:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

How did you not see this coming. If you aren't willing to compromise, then you get the furtherest things from compromise.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

necronomous wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:50 pm How did you not see this coming. If you aren't willing to compromise, then you get the furtherest things from compromise.
Abortion should be a medical decision between a patient and her doctor. It is legal in the united states. What compromise is needed? Are you that fucking retarded? This is nothing but political theater by Republicans who need to keep their crazy religious base engaged and happy......absolutely nothing more.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

that's whats good about having states. there are some states that don't have laws like this. you can live in those states if you don't like it. Boom! See how easy this works?
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:05 pm that's whats good about having states. there are some states that don't have laws like this. you can live in those states if you don't like it. Boom! See how easy this works?

Pavlovian dogs on here. If Stapes posts it I must be against it. My body, my choice when it comes to vaccinations but telling women what to do with their bodies is super okay. Do you see why the rest of the sane world sees you all as the hypocritical lying nutjobs that you are?
I blame Biker.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Animal wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:05 pm that's whats good about having states. there are some states that don't have laws like this. you can live in those states if you don't like it. Boom! See how easy this works?
You have said some ferociously stupid shit on this forum but this may be the most stupid. Congratulations 🎉
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:13 pm

Pavlovian dogs on here. If Stapes posts it I must be against it. My body, my choice when it comes to vaccinations but telling women what to do with their bodies is super okay. Do you see why the rest of the sane world sees you all as the hypocritical lying nutjobs that you are?
you may be slightly overestimating by concern over this topic. i don't really have any.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:14 pm
You have said some ferociously stupid shit on this forum but this may be the most stupid. Congratulations 🎉
well, fortunately for me, you are here. so i don't have to worry about taking the crown in that category.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Stapes wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:58 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:50 pm How did you not see this coming. If you aren't willing to compromise, then you get the furtherest things from compromise.
Abortion should be a medical decision between a patient and her doctor. It is legal in the united states. What compromise is needed? Are you that fucking retarded? This is nothing but political theater by Republicans who need to keep their crazy religious base engaged and happy......absolutely nothing more.
Exactly why you're stupid.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Stapes wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:13 pm

The same can be said in reverse. Its funny how that works.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

The Handmaid's Tale... Texas style.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

disco.moon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:55 pm That's supposed to be orange, but it looks like coral. I'm trying to show my sarcasm about Texas making a crazy law on women. Did you guys get it?
It looks red on my phone.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting that.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:58 pm 10 grand? I am ratting biker and animal out.
:lol:
Biker

Post by Biker »

There needs to be more abortions, not less, especially in the inner cities where there is rarely a male figure in the home
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

its a shame that not enough people took advantage of these looser laws say 50-60 years ago. we would have a much different landscape here at uj
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:07 pm
He’s not smart enough to realize how stupid that post is.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

disco.moon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:29 pm Access to abortion in low income areas decreases future crime.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legaliz ... ime_effect
I mean yeah. Less people, less crime.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Biker wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:23 pm There needs to be more abortions, not less, especially in the inner cities where there is rarely a male figure in the home
That's what the planned parenthood founder said because she wanted less black people.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:07 pm
it had nothing to do with the law. i didn't even read the post he made about the law. Here's my view on what I was talking about. If the lawmakers passed the law, then they did it because that's what they feel the constituents from their state wanted. If it turns out that isn't what they wanted they will suffer the wrath of the voters come the next election. Otherwise judges will toss it out.

I don't get all that worked up about it. Whatever it is. But at the end of the day each state gets to "somewhat" set their own rules. And you can pick and choose which state to live in.
Biker

Post by Biker »

necronomous wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:43 pm
Biker wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:23 pm There needs to be more abortions, not less, especially in the inner cities where there is rarely a male figure in the home
That's what the planned parenthood founder said because she wanted less black people.
This goes for poor rural whites too. The last thing we need in this country is more poor people that we have to babysit
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Biker wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:48 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:43 pm
This goes for poor rural whites too. The last thing we need in this country is more poor people that we have to babysit
Yeah but she was a racist Democrat, and she wanted fewer blacks. The main reason for planned parenthood beginnings.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell”

― General Philip Henry Sheridan
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk