Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

WestTexasCrude

Super Bowl

Post by WestTexasCrude »

We've got 2 weeks.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Super Bowl

Post by Reservoir Dog »

My pick is already in ......

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Might want to pace yourself
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:02 pm Might want to pace yourself
Yeah, I shouldn't have given the Pats those 3 points.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:07 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:02 pm Might want to pace yourself
Yeah, I shouldn't have given the Pats those 3 points.
Never know. Brady could get a so called "Tuck" ruled in his favor.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Or he can continue to be the best QB the NFL has ever seen, and that we will ever see in our lifetimes.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

PimpDaddy wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 pm Or he can continue to be the best QB the NFL has ever seen, and that we will ever see in our lifetimes. He came on the scene just when the NFL mandated that NFL QB's had to be treated with kids gloves and almost mandated they wear flags at their hips. Thanks God for that or he would just be ordinary.
FTFY
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

PimpDaddy wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 pm Or he can continue to be the best QB the NFL has ever seen, and that we will ever see in our lifetimes.
Oh, please ....... :nono:
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

OK, true. Maybe some genetic freak will come along 20 years from now...if the NFL hasn't been sued into extinction by then.

Or maybe once TB12 retires soon, one the of next-gens will get a chance: Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Jimmy G? Will any of them last long enough to be better than the GOAT Brady?

What happened to these 'next best things' Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Nick Foles? All claimed to the FUTURE!

TB is simply the best we'll see for a while. Never could scramble or toss 50-yard bombs. Many years had some shitty defense. But he has Bill as a coach. Best under pressure. Gronk all these years. I just read Julian Edelman has the 2nd most receptions in playoff games in NFL history? Just a perfect storm to crush all records.

Not saying he is going to win his 6th (he might have to just be happy with his NFL best of 5 rings) but damn good for the oldest QB in the league.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I find it impossible to disagree with anything you just stated.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I'm not a Pats fan but I'm not sure how anyone can argue against his GOAT status.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:58 am I'm not a Pats fan but I'm not sure how anyone can argue against his GOAT status.
Bill Russell won 11 rings, is he the best ever?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

B-Tender wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:00 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:58 am I'm not a Pats fan but I'm not sure how anyone can argue against his GOAT status.
While Brady's rings certainly play a huge part, I'd argue its not necessarily the rings themselves. For me, its that he got some of those teams there in the first place. Brady seems to do more with less and on a more consistent basis. More so than any other QB I've seen.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:10 am
While Brady's rings certainly play a huge part, I'd argue its not necessarily the rings themselves. For me, its that he got some of those teams there in the first place. Brady seems to do more with less and on a more consistent basis. More so than any other QB I've seen.
I guess we all define greatness a little differently. Brady is in my top 3-5. As far as leadership he's number one. Elway was more physically gifted. If Marino played today, he might have left all the others in the dust stats wise.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:19 am
I guess we all define greatness a little differently. Brady is in my top 3-5. As far as leadership he's number one. Elway was more physically gifted. If Marino played today, he might have left all the others in the dust stats wise.
I've been involved in the Brady GOAT argument more times than I can remember. But I still think Joe Montana was the GOAT.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Top 3-5? Just go back to watching poker as a sport. You have credibility as an adult. If anything if your mindset, Brady should get even MORE points because he is not physically gifted. Marino? Just stop.

There might have been a fair GOAT discussion years ago between Montana and Brady, but not now.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

SuperBowl ds are running $5MM. Think we could get UJR to run a few, as GoDaddy has in the past?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:42 pm SuperBowl ds are running $5MM. Think we could get UJR to run a few, as GoDaddy has in the past?
Pocket change for slap.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I stick with my prediction. Pats have the hype. Rams have the 4 phases locked in. Rams by 10. If that happens, as a head coach at 32/33, how do you top that? Saw a remarkable display by Sean McVay in the seconds/ minutes after making the SB. Total elation followed by an almost total awareness on his part that he needed to calm down and go shake the NO coaches' hand. Calmness. maturity pretty damn impressive.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:22 am I stick with my prediction. Pats have the hype. Rams have the 4 phases locked in. Rams by 10. If that happens, as a head coach at 32/33, how do you top that? Saw a remarkable display by Sean McVay in the seconds/ minutes after making the SB. Total elation followed by an almost total awareness on his part that he needed to calm down and go shake the NO coaches' hand. Calmness. maturity pretty damn impressive.
The Redskins produce the best coaches. :rockon:
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:32 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:22 am I stick with my prediction. Pats have the hype. Rams have the 4 phases locked in. Rams by 10. If that happens, as a head coach at 32/33, how do you top that? Saw a remarkable display by Sean McVay in the seconds/ minutes after making the SB. Total elation followed by an almost total awareness on his part that he needed to calm down and go shake the NO coaches' hand. Calmness. maturity pretty damn impressive.
The Redskins produce the best coaches. Once they flee that For Shit program to start on their own
FTFY
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:44 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:32 am
The Redskins produce the best coaches. Once they flee that For Shit program to start on their own
FTFY
Yeah ... that was kind of the joke, dude.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:06 pm
Top 3-5? Just go back to watching poker as a sport. You have credibility as an adult. If anything if your mindset, Brady should get even MORE points because he is not physically gifted. Marino? Just stop.

There might have been a fair GOAT discussion years ago between Montana and Brady, but not now.
Brady is definitely the most accomplished. If I had a chance to pick Elway today, in his prime, or Brady in his prime, for one season, I'm leaning towards Elway. That's given that they both have the same team around them.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

My thoughts on Brady being the GOAT.

Tom Brady is a great Quarterback. There is absolutely no denying it.
Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger and Drew Brees are also great Quarterbacks.
So what's the difference? Why is Brady about to go to his 9th Super Bowl and the rest of those guys have seen one, two or none?

The difference is that Brady was lucky enough to get handcuffed to the greatest Head Coach in the history of the NFL.
Bill Belichick's football genius, preparation, game planning and ability to make adjustments are unmatched and probably never will be. Belichick could have won 5 Super Bowls with any of the other QB's I mentioned above (he probably would have won 8 if he had Aaron Rodgers). Belichick could have won 5 Super Bowls with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Shit, I bet he could have won 2 or 3 Super Bowls with A.J. McCarron or JaMarcus Russell.

Make no mistake about it ... Tom Brady is going to his 9th Super Bowl thanks to Bill Belichick. It's not the other way around.
If Tom Brady played for any other team in the league, there's no fucking way he'd have 5 rings right now.

Tom Brady is a great Quarterback. He deserves all the praise he gets, and he deserves those rings.

But Joe Montana is the GOAT.