NFL

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Re: NFL

Post by peterosehaircut »

I'm a huge Rams fan but if not for that blown pass interference call by the refs, The Saints would've won that.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Fuckin Patriots....Thanks again Andy Reid.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

peterosehaircut wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:04 am I'm a huge Rams fan but if not for that blown pass interference call by the refs, The Saints would've won that.
Bull. I saw at least 3 non called facemask penalties on the Saints. One call does not make a win.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:06 pm
peterosehaircut wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:04 am I'm a huge Rams fan but if not for that blown pass interference call by the refs, The Saints would've won that.
Bull. I saw at least 3 non called facemask penalties on the Saints. One call does not make a win.
It does with 1:49 left in the game and they were on the Rams 13 yard line.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:45 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:06 pm
It does with 1:49 left in the game and they were on the Rams 13 yard line.
Illogical argument. Doesn't mean they would have scored. And what does 1:49 left in the game have to with it. A non-call against the Saints in the first quarter that would have allowed a Rams TD is just as important. I thought the refs did a great job the whole game letting both sides just play. Better than the flag-fest we usually get.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:03 pm Illogical argument. Doesn't mean they would have scored. And what does 1:49 left in the game have to with it.
Are you serious?
The penalty would have given the Saints a first down. They run the ball 3 times, run down the clock, then kick the game winning field goal.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:26 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:03 pm Illogical argument. Doesn't mean they would have scored. And what does 1:49 left in the game have to with it.
Are you serious?
The penalty would have given the Saints a first down. They run the ball 3 times, run down the clock, then kick the game winning field goal.
Of the at least 3 non-called facemask penalties and at least 1 non called (zero on the clock) delay of games on Brees, Rams score an additional TD and a field goal in the first 3 quarters. Now, it's 1:49 in the game with the Saints driving deep and down by 10 and needing 2 scores. Again, just because it's 1:49 doesn't mean shit. Non calls from the very first can have the exact same impact. Just not as dramatic.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Yup, that single non-call was a game changer. Just one of dozens of plays you can point out, but that was a good one.

Go Pats...again. Damn, sitting here in NE even I get tired of cheering them on. No, not really. I figure we only have TB12 for another year? and then no one ever has to hear about the Pats ever again.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

So, it's complete conjecture when I state that with all the missed calls on the Saints in the 1st 3 quarters, Rams would had an additional 10 points on the board and the Saints would be at 1:49 and needing 2 scores. It's complete conjecture on your part that the Saints would have run it 3 times (without fumbling), would not have had the FG missed or blocked. Just saying. Doesn't matter at this point. Rams in the SB.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:51 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:26 pm
Are you serious?
Of the at least 3 non-called facemask penalties and at least 1 non called (zero on the clock) delay of games on Brees, Rams score an additional TD and a field goal in the first 3 quarters. Now, it's 1:49 in the game with the Saints driving deep and down by 10 and needing 2 scores. Again, just because it's 1:49 doesn't mean shit. Non calls from the very first can have the exact same impact. Just not as dramatic.
The Saints could wind down the clock and kick the game winning field goal on the last play of the game, and you're saying that's the same as a non-called facemask penalty from an hour earlier in the game when the Rams where on their own 27 yard line?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

PimpDaddy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 pm Image

Yup, that single non-call was a game changer. Just one of dozens of plays you can point out, but that was a good one.

Go Pats...again. Damn, sitting here in NE even I get tired of cheering them on. No, not really. I figure we only have TB12 for another year? and then no one ever has to hear about the Pats ever again.
I'll start a Super Bowl thread right now so everyone can move over there. We have 2 weeks of posts before the game.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

So I've come full circle on this. I used to be a strong believer in the OT rules; that a team needs to play solid defense and stop the opposing offense. Over the past several years though the NFL has made no secret that it wants more offense. This has put defenses at a decided disadvantage. Its no longer a fair fight. Both teams should get an offensive opportunity.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:52 pm So I've come full circle on this. I used to be a strong believer in the OT rules; that a team needs to play solid defense and stop the opposing offense. Over the past several years though the NFL has made no secret that it wants more offense. This has put defenses at a decided disadvantage. Its no longer a fair fight. Both teams should get an offensive opportunity.
At the very minimum each team should get an offensive opportunity.
Personally, I think they should add an entire 5th quarter if it's a playoff game.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:52 pm So I've come full circle on this. I used to be a strong believer in the OT rules; that a team needs to play solid defense and stop the opposing offense. Over the past several years though the NFL has made no secret that it wants more offense. This has put defenses at a decided disadvantage. Its no longer a fair fight. Both teams should get an offensive opportunity.
It's really no secret. NCAA has led the way in overtime scenarios for what 15 years. They had to tweek it so it stopped going 7 overtimes, but they've been spot on. NFL is loath to adopt a reasonable approach that seems to appear to acknowledge their subservient NCAA slaves.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

And since this is the last 2018 NFL thread (outside the SB one I started which is in of course 2019), I want to make one last comment on the season. During the 2017 season, with Kap and all the idiots doing their kneeling national anthem BS, fans threatened boycott and rating tumbled 20-25%. NFL was pushing out press releases "do to our many outlets for viewing, ratings are hard" blah, blah. Goodall finally had the balls this year and solve the problem. Ratings restored somewhat. And how did he solve this problem? Told the players their pay would be cut 1/3 along with the NFL revenue. Each protesting player got out their calculator and figured their pay cut and said "Fuck this fake shit". Problem solved and Kap will still never play one down on any NFL team in his life. Fucking loser.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 pm Problem solved and Kap will still never play one down on any NFL team in his life. Fucking loser.
That "fucking loser" is raking in millions from Nike. I think he'll be okay.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:48 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 pm Problem solved and Kap will still never play one down on any NFL team in his life. Fucking loser.
That "fucking loser" is raking in millions from Chines slave labor that Nike uses. I think he'll be okay.
FTFY and nobody will remember him in the not so distant future.