Aaaaagggghhhhh!

Other people doing actual physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Aaaaagggghhhhh!

Post by B-Tender »

The Padres just hired another Manager with no experience, and no one has heard of. They have one of the best young players at shortstop, a lot of talent in the minors, and a mandate to win in 2020. What do they do? HIre a guy who has never managed.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Aaaaagggghhhhh!

Post by Reservoir Dog »

I just don't understand that organization. They can't help but to shoot themselves in the foot every chance they get.

They're the Washington Redskins of baseball.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Hey, he speaks Spanish, he's qualified.

The Steelers have a history of hiring young guys and it's worked out, maybe it will with him too.
wut?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:06 pm
B-Tender wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 pm The Padres just hired another Manager with no experience, and no one has heard of. They have one of the best young players at shortstop, a lot of talent in the minors, and a mandate to win in 2020. What do they do? HIre a guy who has never managed.
Bitch, please. My Mets refused to hire Girardi who desperately wanted the job
Yep, looks like the Mutts will be getting another first-time manager (again! :scratchheadyellow: ) too.

The Phillies made out and got the right man.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

I'm getting a little leary of the "rockstar gm" Preller. I didn't see this guy's name in the Padres mouthpiece Acee's article when they fired Green. He had a sexy list of candidates.
They have compiled a list of potential replacements that includes former Padres manager Bruce Bochy, who managed the Giants to three World Series titles. Bochy has announced his retirement but, according to people with knowledge of his thinking, has said he would consider managing again and would be interested in the Padres job. The team will also give strong consideration to Barajas and is interested in speaking with former Angels manager Mike Scioscia, former Rangers manager Ron Washington and former players Moises Alou, Mark Loretta and Phil Nevin, among others.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:16 am I'm getting a little leary of the "rockstar gm" Preller. I didn't see this guy's name in the Padres mouthpiece Acee's article when they fired Green. He had a sexy list of candidates.
They have compiled a list of potential replacements that includes former Padres manager Bruce Bochy, who managed the Giants to three World Series titles. Bochy has announced his retirement but, according to people with knowledge of his thinking, has said he would consider managing again and would be interested in the Padres job. The team will also give strong consideration to Barajas and is interested in speaking with former Angels manager Mike Scioscia, former Rangers manager Ron Washington and former players Moises Alou, Mark Loretta and Phil Nevin, among others.
I was good with Ron Washington. This guy Tingler is supposed to be a Preller clone.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

B-Tender wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:20 am
Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:16 am I'm getting a little leary of the "rockstar gm" Preller. I didn't see this guy's name in the Padres mouthpiece Acee's article when they fired Green. He had a sexy list of candidates.
I was good with Ron Washington. This guy Tingler is supposed to be a Preller clone.
I like Washington. Could have gotten behind a former big leaguer recieving his first managerial position before this guy Tingler. Figured he was AJ groomed when I saw he was from the Rangers. Guess they are sinking or swimming with the Preller.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:06 pm
B-Tender wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 pm The Padres just hired another Manager with no experience, and no one has heard of. They have one of the best young players at shortstop, a lot of talent in the minors, and a mandate to win in 2020. What do they do? HIre a guy who has never managed.
Bitch, please. My Mets refused to hire Girardi who desperately wanted the job
The Little Red Wagenen strikes again! :P
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Joe Maddon with the Angels is a terrific hire. The guy knows how to win.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:54 pm
beagleboy wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:32 pm Joe Maddon with the Angels is a terrific hire. The guy knows how to win.
Is he going to pitch for them too?
He'd need to get a lot younger and replace the -on at the end of his name with -ux (not to mention making his first name Greg) ;)
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

beagleboy wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:32 pm Joe Maddon with the Angels is a terrific hire. The guy knows how to win.
No but he is going to cut Fentanyl out of the Angel pitchers supplements.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:25 pm
No but he is going to cut Fentanyl out of the Angel pitchers supplements.
OH SNAP! :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I firmly believe the Tigers decision to turn the keys over to rookie manager Brad Ausmus cost them 1 and maybe 2 World Series titles. Dude sucked ass.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:25 pm I firmly believe the Tigers decision to turn the keys over to rookie manager Brad Ausmus cost them 1 and maybe 2 World Series titles. Dude sucked ass.
Yeah, and the Angels kicked him to the curb after one season to go after Joe Maddon. Before Ausmus went to the Tigers, he was the next "IT" manager. Apparently not, or not yet anyway. He was a hell of a defensive catcher in his day though.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:25 pm I firmly believe the Tigers decision to turn the keys over to rookie manager Brad Ausmus cost them 1 and maybe 2 World Series titles. Dude sucked ass.
You spelled Dombrowski wrong. Really if Tigers' fans want to be pissed about missed opportunities they should hate Jim Leyland and Dave Dombrowski
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

spudoc wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:01 pm
You spelled Dombrowski wrong. Really if Tigers' fans want to be pissed about missed opportunities they should hate Jim Leyland and Dave Dombrowski
They're not without fault for sure. Dombrowski built a team from nothing that was a contender for almost a decade though and Leyland managed the egos and veterans in a way Ausmus simply couldnt. Theres plenty of blame to go around but I think Ausmus bares the brunt.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:39 am
spudoc wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:01 pm
They're not without fault for sure. Dombrowski built a team from nothing that was a contender for almost a decade though and Leyland managed the egos and veterans in a way Ausmus simply couldnt. Theres plenty of blame to go around but I think Ausmus bares the brunt.
Asmus was definitely in way over his head but Leyland is one of the most overrated managers of all time. He pissed away all that talent in Pittsburgh, did a horrid job in his one year in Colorado and couldn’t seal the deal with what was on paper the best team in baseball in Detroit. And Dombrowski is just cursed
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

So Mets fans, what do you think about your new manager?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:22 am So Mets fans, what do you think about your new manager?
It's a bit of a strange hire. But it's the NY Mets so it almost makes sense.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Maddon would overthink his matchups, moved the lineup around too much, and would go with the worst closers for the situation way too often. I wish him well but bye. Not sure about hiring David Ross
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.