UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Week 10

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Week 10

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Week 10

Post by hawkfan8812 »

LAC -1
Tampa -4.5
NYJ +2.5
Det +2.5
Sea +6
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I know they are "experts" on point spreads and the Bills are not as good as their record indicates, but can someone explain to me how a 2-6 Cleveland team can be a 3 point favorite over the 6-2 Bills?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:51 pm I know they are "experts" on point spreads and the Bills are not as good as their record indicates, but can someone explain to me how a 2-6 Cleveland team can be a 3 point favorite over the 6-2 Bills?
It makes perfect sense.

- The Bills have had a cream-puff schedule. Josh Allen sucks. The offense can't score. The Bills can't beat a good team.

- Cleveland is at home.

- The Browns have played the Titans, Rams, Ravens, 49er's, Seahawks and the Patriots. If the Browns had the Bills schedule the Browns would be 6-2 right now.

- The line makes perfect sense.

Glad I could help.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:13 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:51 pm I know they are "experts" on point spreads and the Bills are not as good as their record indicates, but can someone explain to me how a 2-6 Cleveland team can be a 3 point favorite over the 6-2 Bills?
It makes perfect sense.

- The Bills have had a cream-puff schedule. Josh Allen sucks. The offense can't score. The Bills can't beat a good team.

- Cleveland is at home.

- The Browns have played the Titans, Rams, Ravens, 49er's, Seahawks and the Patriots. If the Browns had the Bills schedule the Browns would be 6-2 right now.

- The line makes perfect sense.

Glad I could help.
Thanks. Other than picking against the Bills a time or two, I know nothing about either team. I did not know the Brown's 6 losses came against that type of competition. Brutal schedule.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

The narrative a week ago was that the Browns were about to go on an epic run and make the playoffs. Then they played the Broncos.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:58 pm The narrative a week ago was that the Browns were about to go on an epic run and make the playoffs. Then they played the Broncos.
They still get the Ravens again and the Steelers (twice) probably with Big Ben back.
It doesn't get any better for the Browns.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Smok44 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:16 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:24 pm
B-Tender wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:58 pm The narrative a week ago was that the Browns were about to go on an epic run and make the playoffs. Then they played the Broncos.
They still get the Ravens again and the Steelers (twice) probably with Big Ben back.
It doesn't get any better for the Browns.
Ben is out for the season
Yeah, I forgot he got surgery.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I'm still curious how the Brown's ended up with such a brutal 1st half season schedule. I get the 49's are a total surprise. But it's not like they were tearing through the league last year that got them stiffer competition this year.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:54 pm I'm still curious how the Brown's ended up with such a brutal 1st half season schedule. I get the 49's are a total surprise. But it's not like they were tearing through the league last year that got them stiffer competition this year.
Here’s a breakdown of how each team’s opponents are set:

Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.
Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.
Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.
Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

Bottom line... only two games per year are based on rankings from the previous year.
Division games within their own conference cycle every 3 years.
Division games outside their conference cycle every 4 years.

That's how the Patriots won the Super Bowl last year but have the easiest strength of schedule in the league this year.

Glad I could help. I always look forward to continuing your education.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:13 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:54 pm I'm still curious how the Brown's ended up with such a brutal 1st half season schedule. I get the 49's are a total surprise. But it's not like they were tearing through the league last year that got them stiffer competition this year.

Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.
Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.
Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.
Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

Bottom line... only two games per year are based on rankings from the previous year.

That's how the Patriots won the Super Bowl last year but have the easiest strength of schedule in the league this year.

:lol: :lol: That's an impressive stat for a Canadian. I was thinking your energy would be more devoted toward cleaning up the CFL. You know the 2 acre end zones and receivers getting a running head start.
kwebber
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by kwebber »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:55 am

:lol: :lol: That's an impressive stat for a Canadian. I was thinking your energy would be more devoted toward cleaning up the CFL. You know the 2 acre end zones and receivers getting a running head start.

You failed to mention the 3 downs, or the wider field, or the 12th player on either side of the ball.
Currently AFK.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Green Bay -5
Buffalo +3
Giants -2.5
Pittsburgh +3.5
Detroit +2.5
wut?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Carolina
Cleveland
NY Jets
LA Rams
Chicago
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

KC -5.5
Cards +4.5
Bears -2.5
Steelers +3.5
Cowboys -3
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

kwebber wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:08 am

You failed to mention the 3 downs, or the wider field, or the 12th player on either side of the ball.
And being able to sit on the 55 yd line.

We also put our goal posts on the goal line instead of further back as we know that you have to run around them. :lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
kwebber
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by kwebber »

megman wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:23 pm
kwebber wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:08 am

And being able to sit on the 55 yd line.

We also put our goal posts on the goal line instead of further back as we know that you have to run around them. :lol:
And the Rouge!! :beavisbutthead:
Currently AFK.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Baltimore -10
Buffalo +3
Green Bay -5
NY Giants -2.5
Kansas City -5.5
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

22-23 for the season/ Baltimore -10/ Arizona +4.5/ Minnesota +3/ Carolina +5/ San Francisco -6
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CHEEZY's week 10 locks:

New Orleans
Baltimore
Green Bay
Indy
San Fran
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Total BS on the blocked FG by the Titans with no time remaining. No idea if the KC kicker would have made it, but the refs blew it (again). Watch the Titan player who blocked it jump offside with a head start. 5 yd penalty and closer for the try.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker ????? :eek:
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

2 seconds in the half- GB goes for it on the 1- crushed.Love it. Christian Mccaffrey will be saying hello pretty soon.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:09 pm 2 seconds in the half- GB goes for it on the 1- crushed.Love it. Christian Mccaffrey will be saying hello pretty soon.
On the goal line... 3 seconds to go... the Panthers get CRUSHED! Love it. McCaffrey comes up short and says good bye!
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

WTF New Orleans? I get maybe not covering the spread. You're supposed to be super bowl contenders though and you not only lose outright you get bent over and ass raped? To the fucking Falcons? At home?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."