UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 3604
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#1

Post by Reservoir Dog » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:41 pm

Image

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 3604
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#2

Post by Reservoir Dog » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:43 pm

Just a heads up, guys... I'm getting on a plane in the morning for Cuba so the results/overall standings post for this week may be delayed a little bit depending on the Wi-Fi situation down there.

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 2225
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#3

Post by megman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:56 pm

Puta. 8-)
If you've been to Algonquin Park you'll be disappointed when you get to Heaven.

User avatar
beagleboy
President of the AnalHamster fan club
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#4

Post by beagleboy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:06 pm

I'm really torn on that KC game.
Forecasted high is 26 degrees, when was the last time Henry or Tannehill played in that type of temperature?

KC already lost to the Titans once this year but it was in Nashville and the Titans needs a final minute long pass to take the lead.

If the Titans get behind by 14 points, Tannehill can't be counted on to put up 250 yards passing IMO. Especially in the cold weather.

But if anyone can screw up a game it is Andy Reid.

I'd pick the Chiefs. Mahomes is the best QB in the country and can literally play so well it overcomes Andy Reid's failures.

I'd also pick the 9ers but with less enthusiasm.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 3604
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#5

Post by Reservoir Dog » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:12 pm

beagleboy wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:06 pm
I'm really torn on that KC game.
Forecasted high is 26 degrees, when was the last time Henry or Tannehill played in that type of temperature?

KC already lost to the Titans once this year but it was in Nashville and the Titans needs a final minute long pass to take the lead.

If the Titans get behind by 14 points, Tannehill can't be counted on to put up 250 yards passing IMO. Especially in the cold weather.

But if anyone can screw up a game it is Andy Reid.

I'd pick the Chiefs. Mahomes is the best QB in the country and can literally play so well it overcomes Andy Reid's failures.

I'd also pick the 9ers but with less enthusiasm.
The Titans have gotten this far using a simple strategy...

- Play old-school smashmouth football.

- Don't ask Ryan Tannehill to do anything. Just manage the game, and don't drop the football.

- Feed the ball to Derrick Henry 30 times.

User avatar
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen
Posts: 2382
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Location: Bermuda

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#6

Post by Wut » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:56 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:43 pm
Just a heads up, guys... I'm getting on a plane in the morning for Cuba so the results/overall standings post for this week may be delayed a little bit depending on the Wi-Fi situation down there.
Commie.

User avatar
B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 1361
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#7

Post by B-Tender » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:57 pm

No ties this week. If you like the dogs you have to love that half point.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 4239
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#8

Post by WestTexasCrude » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:00 am

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:43 pm
Just a heads up, guys... I'm getting on a plane in the morning for Cuba so the results/overall standings post for this week may be delayed a little bit depending on the Wi-Fi situation down there.
What the hell you going to Cuba? I can handled the weekly results if you need me.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 2225
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#9

Post by megman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:03 am

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:00 am
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:43 pm
Just a heads up, guys... I'm getting on a plane in the morning for Cuba so the results/overall standings post for this week may be delayed a little bit depending on the Wi-Fi situation down there.
What the hell you going to Cuba? I can handled the weekly results if you need me.
Image
If you've been to Algonquin Park you'll be disappointed when you get to Heaven.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 4239
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#10

Post by WestTexasCrude » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:06 am

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:12 pm
beagleboy wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:06 pm
I'm really torn on that KC game.
Forecasted high is 26 degrees, when was the last time Henry or Tannehill played in that type of temperature?

KC already lost to the Titans once this year but it was in Nashville and the Titans needs a final minute long pass to take the lead.

If the Titans get behind by 14 points, Tannehill can't be counted on to put up 250 yards passing IMO. Especially in the cold weather.

But if anyone can screw up a game it is Andy Reid.

I'd pick the Chiefs. Mahomes is the best QB in the country and can literally play so well it overcomes Andy Reid's failures.

I'd also pick the 9ers but with less enthusiasm.
The Titans have gotten this far using a simple strategy...

- Play old-school smashmouth football.

- Don't ask Ryan Tannehill to do anything. Just manage the game, and don't drop the football.

- Feed the ball to Derrick Henry 30 times.
KC- Get down at"home" 24-0 in the first quarter. Outscore opponent 51-7 the rest of the way. I'm thinking you don't see the picture.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 3604
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#11

Post by Reservoir Dog » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:58 am

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:00 am
What the hell you going to Cuba?
Asks the guy who spent his vacation at a Motel 6 beside a highway offramp in some butt-fuck Tex-ass town no one has ever heard of. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
CHEEZY17
Loves Him Some Ass
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#12

Post by CHEEZY17 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:43 pm
Just a heads up, guys... I'm getting on a plane in the morning for Cuba so the results/overall standings post for this week may be delayed a little bit depending on the Wi-Fi situation down there.
Commie!
“The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people’s money.”

User avatar
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#13

Post by hawkfan8812 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:03 pm

KC and SF

Painful

User avatar
Biker
Not really a democrat
Posts: 5792
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#14

Post by Biker » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Titans
49ers

User avatar
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen
Posts: 2382
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Location: Bermuda

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#15

Post by Wut » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:16 pm

KC
GB

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 2225
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#16

Post by megman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:13 am

Tennessee
San Francisco
Last edited by megman on Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
If you've been to Algonquin Park you'll be disappointed when you get to Heaven.

User avatar
B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 1361
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#17

Post by B-Tender » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:16 am

K.C
S.F

User avatar
CHEEZY17
Loves Him Some Ass
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#18

Post by CHEEZY17 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:57 pm

GB
Tenn
“The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people’s money.”

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 4239
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#19

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:59 pm

KC
SF
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 3604
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#20

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:23 pm

Kansas City -7.5
Green Bay +7.5

User avatar
Whackov
Forum Irregular
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#21

Post by Whackov » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:53 pm

If Henry is shut down, the Titans are shut down. He opens up the game for Tannehill and Tannehill is able to keep the defense honest. The weather will be a factor. It has ranged between 50 to 70 degrees in Nashville during January. The Titans are not acclimated to the cold temperatures.

Tough call here.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 4239
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#22

Post by WestTexasCrude » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:40 am

Game over. Henry shut down. One hell of a run by the Titans. Beat Houston (not playing their starters ) in the final game just to get into the playoffs. Went to NE and crushed them. Went to Baltimore and crushed them. Scared KC in the first half. I'm thinking that Titan HC is good to go for a long time there.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Whackov
Forum Irregular
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#23

Post by Whackov » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:25 am

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:40 am
Game over. Henry shut down. One hell of a run by the Titans. Beat Houston (not playing their starters ) in the final game just to get into the playoffs. Went to NE and crushed them. Went to Baltimore and crushed them. Scared KC in the first half. I'm thinking that Titan HC is good to go for a long time there.
Unfortunately, it was more of a case of the coaches panicking early and getting away from the ground and pound which brought them to the dance in the first place. I blame that part of the loss on the coaching staff. The Titan defense allowing the running touchdown by Mahomes was embarrassing. The Titans HC was on thin ice until the benched Mariota for Tannehill and started using Henry.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 4239
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#24

Post by WestTexasCrude » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:45 am

Whackov wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:25 am
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:40 am
Game over. Henry shut down. One hell of a run by the Titans. Beat Houston (not playing their starters ) in the final game just to get into the playoffs. Went to NE and crushed them. Went to Baltimore and crushed them. Scared KC in the first half. I'm thinking that Titan HC is good to go for a long time there.
Unfortunately, it was more of a case of the coaches panicking early and getting away from the ground and pound which brought them to the dance in the first place. I blame that part of the loss on the coaching staff. The Titan defense allowing the running touchdown by Mahomes was embarrassing. The Titans HC was on thin ice until the benched Mariota for Tannehill and started using Henry.
Agreed.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 4239
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: UJR NFL FOOTBALL POOL: Conference Championships

#25

Post by WestTexasCrude » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:58 am

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:59 pm
KC
SF
2-0/ 51-44 and that's it. I'm the winner of the UJR NFL Football Pool. I want to thank RD for his arrogance thinking he could actually exclude anyone he thought fit from his thread. Pissed me off enough to show him how it actually works. "You don't control dog shit". Learn it. See you next year.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

Post Reply