Has John Elway lost his mind?

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Has John Elway lost his mind?

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Joe Flacco... 3 years... $63 million bucks?

Someone needs to run a random drug test on John Elway!

Okay, I get it, The Broncos need a placeholder QB for a couple of years while they groom the QB they will almost assuredly take with the 10th pick in this years draft.
But $63 million bucks for a 35 year old QB who's skills have begun to decline? That's just fucking nuts!
For less than half that money they could have grabbed 26 year old Teddy Bridgewater. Or if you're gonna spend $20 million per year on a QB why not grab 30 year old Nick Foles? And if the QB they draft this year doesn't work out, they'd still have Bridgewater or Foles 3 years from now. Hell, if they take Bridgewater or Foles they could even forget about drafting a QB this year all together. (it's not exactly the strongest QB class if ya know what I mean)

Is Elway in a win now mindset? Does he think he can go to the Super Bowl with Joe Flacco? That's crazy!

I've seen some fucked up NFL trades in my time but this one is a real head scratcher.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Re: Has John Elway lost his mind?

Post by Reservoir Dog »

No.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

When you trade a player, the signing bonus is no longer pro-rated, it lumps onto the Ravens salary cap. Joey Flacco is basically on a year by year contract with no cap issues for the Bronco's to cut him. The Bronco's have very few actual losing seasons in their entire franchise history - Elway was under massive pressure to make sure 2019 is at least an 8-8 team. Ownership of the franchise is in turmoil and likely will be for another few years.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

As a Pats fan, I will soon see darker days for the franchise. 1-2 years? But until then,

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Many people here in Detroit think the Broncos, among others, could have been swindled in a trade for Stafford. The QB desperate teams like them probably would have ponied up nice packages to land him. The fans here have pretty much had it with him.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:18 am Many people here in Detroit think the Broncos, among others, could have been swindled in a trade for Stafford. The QB desperate teams like them probably would have ponied up nice packages to land him. The fans here have pretty much had it with him.
Not with that contract. You're stuck with him.