2019 NHL Playoffs

User avatar
kwebber
Forum God
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 pm

2019 NHL Playoffs

#1

Post by kwebber » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:21 pm

What a crazy playoffs!!

Tampa oot in 4,

Calgary oot in 5,

The Islanders beating the Penguins in 4

Toronto has their hearts broken again in 7 games, after leading the series 3 - 2.

San Jose scoring 4 goals in one powerplay in the 3rd period to erase 3 - 0 lead by the Golden Showers.

All the tears, and heartbreak, and it's only the first round!! It's been crazy.

User avatar
B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#2

Post by B-Tender » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:27 pm

kwebber wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:21 pm
What a crazy playoffs!!

Tampa oot in 4,

Calgary oot in 5,

The Islanders beating the Penguins in 4

Toronto has their hearts broken again in 7 games, after leading the series 3 - 2.

San Jose scoring 4 goals in one powerplay in the 3rd period to erase 3 - 0 lead by the Golden Showers.

All the tears, and heartbreak, and it's only the first round!! It's been crazy.
That San Jose game was nuts last night.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#3

Post by Reservoir Dog » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 pm

And now the Caps are out!

I've never seen anything like it.

User avatar
Molzy
Forum Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 am
Location: Your bed.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#4

Post by Molzy » Wed May 29, 2019 2:00 am

The bac to back to back sweeps was insane leading Boston to the Cup.

User avatar
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover
Posts: 1019
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#5

Post by PimpDaddy » Wed May 29, 2019 3:35 pm

One more sweep to go...

User avatar
Molzy
Forum Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 am
Location: Your bed.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#6

Post by Molzy » Wed May 29, 2019 6:21 pm

I want it to go to 7 as I don't care which team wins.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#7

Post by Reservoir Dog » Wed May 29, 2019 7:02 pm

If the Bruins win it all, Boston will simultaneously hold the Championships for the NFL, MLB and NHL.
I think it's been like 80 years or something like that since a city has done it.

User avatar
Molzy
Forum Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 am
Location: Your bed.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#8

Post by Molzy » Wed May 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Ok, that's kindof a cool fact. But as a goalie mom, I'm totally pulling for the league minimum paid Binnington.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#9

Post by Reservoir Dog » Wed May 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Molzy wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:36 pm
Ok, that's kindof a cool fact. But as a goalie mom, I'm totally pulling for the league minimum paid Binnington.
I'm a NJ Devils fan and I remember when Brodeur won the cup in his rookie season while making the league minimum.
That was fucking cool!

User avatar
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Location: Beernuda

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#10

Post by Wut » Thu May 30, 2019 3:21 am

Playoffs sucked for this Pens fan. Then I was rooting for Fleury in Vegas.....

User avatar
B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#11

Post by B-Tender » Thu May 30, 2019 8:33 pm

No sweep this time.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#12

Post by Reservoir Dog » Thu May 30, 2019 8:47 pm

Have I mentioned that I correctly picked the Stanley Cup final in my hockey pool playoff bracket?

Image

User avatar
Molzy
Forum Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 am
Location: Your bed.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#13

Post by Molzy » Thu May 30, 2019 9:56 pm

Holy shit that's an amazing feat. Mine busted round 2.

User avatar
B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#14

Post by B-Tender » Thu May 30, 2019 10:31 pm

Yeah, he's kind of an idiot savant that way. :)

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#15

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:53 pm

Molzy wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:36 pm
Ok, that's kindof a cool fact. But as a goalie mom, I'm totally pulling for the league minimum paid Binnington.
Oops.....

User avatar
kwebber
Forum God
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#16

Post by kwebber » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:54 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:47 pm
Have I mentioned that I correctly picked the Stanley Cup final in my hockey pool playoff bracket?

Image
Dude, if you called that, that's pretty impressive!! That being said, it looks like the one team I wanted to bomb out, the bruins, are going to win it. Fuck the bruins.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#17

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:06 pm

kwebber wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:54 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:47 pm
Have I mentioned that I correctly picked the Stanley Cup final in my hockey pool playoff bracket?

Image
Dude, if you called that, that's pretty impressive!! That being said, it looks like the one team I wanted to bomb out, the bruins, are going to win it. Fuck the bruins.
If the Bruins win it in the 7 games I predicted, I stand to win a car.

User avatar
kwebber
Forum God
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#18

Post by kwebber » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:24 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:06 pm
kwebber wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:54 pm


Dude, if you called that, that's pretty impressive!! That being said, it looks like the one team I wanted to bomb out, the bruins, are going to win it. Fuck the bruins.
If the Bruins win it in the 7 games I predicted, I stand to win a car.
Well fuck, now I'm torn. I would hate to see the bruins win it, but it would be cool if a good Canadian kid UJR'er won a car.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#19

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:39 pm

kwebber wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:24 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:06 pm
kwebber wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:54 pm


Dude, if you called that, that's pretty impressive!! That being said, it looks like the one team I wanted to bomb out, the bruins, are going to win it. Fuck the bruins.
If the Bruins win it in the 7 games I predicted, I stand to win a car.
Well fuck, now I'm torn. I would hate to see the bruins win it, but it would be cool if a good Canadian kid UJR'er won a car.
I missed the Boston/Carolina series (but so did 99.99999% of everyone else) Correctly picking the St. Louis/San Jose series at 6 games put me in the running. Now all I need is for Boston to win it in 7.

User avatar
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Location: Beernuda

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#20

Post by Wut » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:37 pm

kwebber wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:24 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:06 pm
kwebber wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:54 pm


Dude, if you called that, that's pretty impressive!! That being said, it looks like the one team I wanted to bomb out, the bruins, are going to win it. Fuck the bruins.
If the Bruins win it in the 7 games I predicted, I stand to win a car.
Well fuck, now I'm torn. I would hate to see the bruins win it, but it would be cool if a good Canadian kid UJR'er won a car.
Yeah that is a tough one, fuck Boston, but a car is at stake.

User avatar
Molzy
Forum Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 am
Location: Your bed.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#21

Post by Molzy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:18 pm

What a game last night! I had to listen on the radio then watched from the 2nd goal to about the 5 min mark. Had to leave to go sit for Phantom of the Opera. Holy shit I love playoff hockey.

So... was that a trip?

User avatar
B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#22

Post by B-Tender » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:51 pm

Molzy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:18 pm


So... was that a trip?
Understatement of the year.

User avatar
kwebber
Forum God
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#23

Post by kwebber » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Molzy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:18 pm
What a game last night! I had to listen on the radio then watched from the 2nd goal to about the 5 min mark. Had to leave to go sit for Phantom of the Opera. Holy shit I love playoff hockey.

So... was that a trip?
It was, but my hatred of Boston won't allow me to feel bad for the Bruins. I heard the reason it wasn't called was because the refs had already called 3 penalties on the Blues in the game, and only 1 on the Bruins. Apparently they didn't want to make it a 4 to 1 difference in penalties. Sounds good to me.

User avatar
Molzy
Forum Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 am
Location: Your bed.

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#24

Post by Molzy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:07 pm

I can honestly say I am legitimately excited for tonight's game.

User avatar
B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs

#25

Post by B-Tender » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:02 am

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:06 pm
kwebber wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:54 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:47 pm
Have I mentioned that I correctly picked the Stanley Cup final in my hockey pool playoff bracket?

Image
Dude, if you called that, that's pretty impressive!! That being said, it looks like the one team I wanted to bomb out, the bruins, are going to win it. Fuck the bruins.
If the Bruins win it in the 7 games I predicted, I stand to win a car.
This is getting interesting.

Post Reply