Peak Oil

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: Peak Oil

Post by Wut »

I'm still puzzled by where all the oil comes from. Dead dinosaurs and plants doesn't seem to be enough.
wut?
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Magnets.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Thankfully we stopped all that horrible Canadian oil from coming down to the US in that one pipeline.

After we invade Venezuela to complete that coup, their oil will be able to flood the markets.

Edit: there have already been US military saying that if Russia tries to move in on Venezuela, the US military will go in quickly to prevent it. So if you oppose US military intervention in Venezuela it means you support Russia taking them over. That'll probably need a CIA and Senate investigation.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Wut wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:02 pm I'm still puzzled by where all the oil comes from. Dead dinosaurs and plants doesn't seem to be enough.
Earthworms
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

AOC says we don't need oil. Dinosaurs farted. Look what she did to them. That's your warning, earthworms!
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

PimpDaddy wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:52 pm AOC says we don't need oil. Dinosaurs farted. Look what she did to them. That's your warning, earthworms!
We could cut oil usage by at least 80% within 20 years if we wanted to do so. We won't because don't want to do it.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Well I'm now convinced the oil supply is infinite.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Well it kinda is the peak oil debate. We'd be long past it without the shale boom, and it's not like there's going to be another shale boom. We're now extracting previously uneconomical to extract stuff. It was known to be there, it was just hard to get at. There's no comparable inaccessible store to come next. Fracking has pushed the peak back, but probably just to around now. That's peak extraction rate, not the point of depletion. The point of depletion, where we'll have slurped up all known oil reserves at current extraction rates, is estimated at about 50 years. That'll be pushed back as we discover new reserves - though discoveries peaked in the 60s - and tech makes more accessible, but the cost will go up and the extraction rate down as it is approached. Obviously peak extraction comes long before depletion, so it will be in our lifetimes. Well, my lifetime anyway. Y'all are pretty old.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

When the European consortium figures out fusion which should be sometime next week we won’t need oil anymores.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Wut wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:02 pm I'm still puzzled by where all the oil comes from. Dead dinosaurs and plants doesn't seem to be enough.
It comes from life that died and piled up before bacteria that eat dead stuff evolved. Then it got covered by layers of soil that built up and the heat and pressure perverted it to oil.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

I understand that but it's a whole lot of oil in the earth
wut?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

The missing ingredient is unimaginable amounts of time. Mostly algae and plankton in the oceans, not so much with the dinosaurs.