History will be made in 4 days

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

WestTexasCrude

History will be made in 4 days

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Well, probably not exactly on Wednesday. They will be moving forward with an abundance of caution. 50 years after this country stunned the World by landing 6 spacecrafts on the moon and returning the crews safely home. Almost a decade after the national disgrace (thanks to the Clinton and Bush W administrations) of not even being able to launch a single person into orbit- thanks Russia, Wednesday will see our return to space. 2 Astronauts scheduled to be be launched into orbit (to the Space Station). And, I believe in a Worldwide first, A private US company will be making the delivery/ Space-X.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Re: History will be made in 4 days

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Just a simple question WTC. How does that benefit mankind?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

If I was an astronaut, i think i would have them rename the mission from "Demo 2". That just doesn't have the sound of confidence that I would be looking for.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:36 pm If I was an astronaut, i think i would have them rename the mission from "Demo 2". That just doesn't have the sound of confidence that I would be looking for.
I'm pretty sure both have taken out multi-million dollar life insurance policies ( Premiums must be a bitch- :lol:) Actually the superior system was Jeff Bezos "Blue Origin" with launch facilities 2-3 hours W of me near Van Horn. Much more methodical in testing that NASA types like. Bummer about his wife finding out him banging some Hollywood starlet. Goodbye major chunk of fortune.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm Just a simple question WTC. How does that benefit mankind?
Dude , it was a national disgrace. 50 years after landing on the Moon, and we are incapable of launching one human into Space. Russia charged us out the ass but I have to say, their safety record (compared to our Shuttles) was spotless. One failed launch (a year or 2 ago) and the escape procedures worked perfectly.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:19 pm Well, probably not exactly on Wednesday. They will be moving forward with an abundance of caution. 50 years after this country stunned the World by landing 6 spacecrafts on the moon and returning the crews safely home. Almost a decade after the national disgrace (thanks to the Clinton and Bush W administrations) of not even being able to launch a single person into orbit- thanks Russia, Wednesday will see our return to space. 2 Astronauts scheduled to be be launched into orbit (to the Space Station). And, I believe in a Worldwide first, A private US company will be making the delivery/ Space-X.
Perhaps you should inform all those Space Shuttle astronauts that they never actually went into outer space.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm Just a simple question WTC. How does that benefit mankind?
I hate when people make this argument. Why should we spend money to go to space? All of human history has been about exploratation and going into the unknown. Maybe for the simple fact we shouldn't have all of our eggs in one basket would be a good enough reason.

We watched Apollo 11 in grammar school and it was awesome then and it's awesome now. I'm not sure how much faith I have in Space X but I guess we'll see if they kill anybody.
I blame Biker.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:02 pm
I hate when people make this argument. Why should we spend money to go to space? All of human history has been about exploratation and going into the unknown. Maybe for the simple fact we shouldn't have all of our eggs in one basket would be a good enough reason.

We watched Apollo 11 in grammar school and it was awesome then and it's awesome now. I'm not sure how much faith I have in Space X but I guess we'll see if they kill anybody.
Well said .Going to be interesting, being a private company/ Safety protocols has to be off the charts.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Fuck space. I'd call it a win for mankind if we could just have the bars open again.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Smok44 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 pm Fuck space. I'd call it a win for mankind if we could just have the bars open again.
:lol: :lol: The fuck
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Saw on the news this morning that President Trump will be at the launch Wednesday. Probably not a good idea.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

Deathproof wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 pm Fuck space. I'd call it a win for mankind if we could just have the bars open again.
I'd like to have bottle/can returns back open.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Stapes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:02 pm

How was me asking a simple question turn into an "argument" against space travel? I never said I was against space travel, I just wanted to know what the goals were for this particular endeavor. You provided a vague explanation that I already knew but I thought there might be some specific goals for this mission.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Looks like the launch will probably be a "no-go". Weather. Any first human launch on a new system always has to be almost perfect conditions.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

looks to me like tomorrow morning early is the best chance they have for quite some time. Weather-wise, Florida is not an ideal spot for this.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:52 pm looks to me like tomorrow morning early is the best chance they have for quite some time. Weather-wise, Florida is not an ideal spot for this.
That's why I said a bad idea for Trump to say he was going to attend the launch. Not happening. Always major delays on launching humans on a new system. Everything will have to be perfect which almost never happens.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 pm
Flumper wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:52 pm looks to me like tomorrow morning early is the best chance they have for quite some time. Weather-wise, Florida is not an ideal spot for this.
That's why I said a bad idea for Trump to say he was going to attend the launch. Not happening. Always major delays on launching humans on a new system. Everything will have to be perfect which almost never happens.
i bet it goes off tomorrow. private enterprise. if you get a window of opportunity, you take it.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

has anyone heard any plans to stop the launch today?

Can you embed Live Stream youtubes?

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Discovery channel start coverage at 2 pm EDT
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

NASA seems to be trying a bit too hard to be cool. I feel like I am watching some kind of Teen Magazine debut.

It was nice of the Nickelodeon to donate their reporting staff to run things.

:lol: "......When the astronauts finish with their lunch, they will ride in their Tesla to the rocket location...."

the astronauts have entered the Tesla and are being driven to their rocket.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Lots of Thunderstorms swinging across Florida and now they have a tornado watch. Don't think today is going to be the day
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 pm Lots of Thunderstorms swinging across Florida and now they have a tornado watch. Don't think today is going to be the day
they just said it looks like a go.

they said one cell (thunderstorm) was over orlando and that as their decision maker, but it was eroding (the storm cell was eroding). The astronaut responded "good news".
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:39 pm
Stapes wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 pm Lots of Thunderstorms swinging across Florida and now they have a tornado watch. Don't think today is going to be the day

they said one cell (thunderstorm) was over orlando and that as their decision maker, but it was eroding (the storm cell was eroding). The astronaut responded "good news".
Really? Alrighty then. No guts no glory.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:44 pm
Flumper wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Really? Alrighty then. No guts no glory.
i think they put a few old southwest airline pilots in charge. There are no delays.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

LOL...
I blame Biker.