And so who left the furnace on?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: And so who left the furnace on?

Post by FSchmertz »

Flumper wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:27 pm i white watered in a john boat with a guy while we were trout fishing on the white river in north arkansas. no one told us they let water out of Bull Shoals every once in a while.
They actually announce when the dams are released on the Lehigh River. Won't let the kayakers on the river then, and they warn the rafters. Wild ride! :D 8-)
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Every September they do a major release in the Gauley River in West Virginia and it’s class V whitewater. I talked with a friend about doing it but decided against it as I had kids at the time.
wut?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:58 am Yes it can. we have a music thread, put that crap there.
Sorry, had a fsf flashback for some reason. It did not involve alcohol
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

Wut wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:23 pm
woohooguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:21 pm
Wut wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pm
woohooguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:33 pm I was in Vegas this past week, first day was like 113.

Not a single cloud in the sky or drop of moisture in the air. There's a breeze but literally feels like someone aiming a hair dryer in your face.

We still got in all the outdoor stuff we wanted to, the Colorado river excursion was amazing and the water an extremely refreshing 55 degrees in the 110 heat.

Was nice to visit, probably never going back.
Was the river trip a white water trip or calm water?
Calm, very calm. With the drought the Colorado river is not moving fast at all, the dam is only releasing what it needs to meet power generation. I couldn't perceive any current. We would rather raft in Maine for true whitewater, so we weren't going out of our way to raft on the Colorado, just kayaking and taking in the scenery and historic sites where they considered building the dam.

It is a beautiful river with a deep blue/green shimmer to the water. No insects getting in your face was real nice, back here in the northeast we have these fucker green flies that will chase your ass down when in a boat to have a bite at you.

I was disappointed at the amount of trash in areas of the river, houseboats, party floats flying up and down the river no doubt are the source.
How is the whitewater in Maine?

It’s been years since I’ve been rafting but I used to go near Pittsburgh a few times per year.
The three major rivers for rafting in Maine are the Kennebec, Penobscot, and Dead. The Kennebec is reliable class 2 to 4 whitewater with occasional 5's, family friendly calmer stretches, depending the time of year. Nice long river for rafting purposes and the rafting companies will often bring along rubber kayaks for the calmer sections. The Penobscot for rafting purposes a little shorter than the Kennebec but has some real good class 5 rapids. The Dead is only rafting a handful of times of the year, but when it is, is the longest continuous whitewater in Maine at some 16 miles of class 2 to 4 rapids.

Depending on the time of year, there are "high water" releases. Harris station dam is a vital part of the Northeast grid, in the event we were to have a rolling blackout like the one in 2003 from Canada through New York and farther south, the Harris Station dam can supply power systematically to the plants across the eastern seaboard to bring them back online. As such they have to test the maximum power output of the turbines a few times a year, and they let the water rip. Typically Harris station releases 2000 to 4000 CFS daily (cubic feet/sec) of water during the day to ensure the river is fun to raft, the rafting brings in millions of tourist dollars and taxes a year. When doing turbine testing they release up to 8000 CFS, it is simply amazing how fast the water is going. It opens up the Dead River for probably the best rafting in the world. The Kennebec really opens up and some new class 5 spots are formed with the higher water. Many rafting companies will not take anyone under the age of 18 on days of high water releases. You put in to the river right at the dam and it is amazing to see the water start to roil up with the releases. You better be a damn good swimmer as it is not a matter of if your raft is gonna dump, but when.

If you plan a trip, look up Northern Outdoors - https://www.northernoutdoors.com/ Right in the Forks, Maine.

Simply the best place for accommodations, and they always have the newest equipment on the river. You can get cabins, what they call a logodominium that sleeps 6 to 8 with private bath, and campsites. They have a brewery on site, bar, live music, pool, hot tub, you name it. Open year round for winter snowmobiling, x-country skiing, everything.

We are actually planning a family trip for next July/August, its probably going to be 10 to 12 of us, looking at 3 days and may run around 500 per person with a private cabin.
"stupid ass bitch ass bitch“
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

woohooguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:09 pm
Wut wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:23 pm
woohooguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:21 pm
Wut wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pm
woohooguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:33 pm I was in Vegas this past week, first day was like 113.

Not a single cloud in the sky or drop of moisture in the air. There's a breeze but literally feels like someone aiming a hair dryer in your face.

We still got in all the outdoor stuff we wanted to, the Colorado river excursion was amazing and the water an extremely refreshing 55 degrees in the 110 heat.

Was nice to visit, probably never going back.
Was the river trip a white water trip or calm water?
Calm, very calm. With the drought the Colorado river is not moving fast at all, the dam is only releasing what it needs to meet power generation. I couldn't perceive any current. We would rather raft in Maine for true whitewater, so we weren't going out of our way to raft on the Colorado, just kayaking and taking in the scenery and historic sites where they considered building the dam.

It is a beautiful river with a deep blue/green shimmer to the water. No insects getting in your face was real nice, back here in the northeast we have these fucker green flies that will chase your ass down when in a boat to have a bite at you.

I was disappointed at the amount of trash in areas of the river, houseboats, party floats flying up and down the river no doubt are the source.
How is the whitewater in Maine?

It’s been years since I’ve been rafting but I used to go near Pittsburgh a few times per year.
The three major rivers for rafting in Maine are the Kennebec, Penobscot, and Dead. The Kennebec is reliable class 2 to 4 whitewater with occasional 5's, family friendly calmer stretches, depending the time of year. Nice long river for rafting purposes and the rafting companies will often bring along rubber kayaks for the calmer sections. The Penobscot for rafting purposes a little shorter than the Kennebec but has some real good class 5 rapids. The Dead is only rafting a handful of times of the year, but when it is, is the longest continuous whitewater in Maine at some 16 miles of class 2 to 4 rapids.

Depending on the time of year, there are "high water" releases. Harris station dam is a vital part of the Northeast grid, in the event we were to have a rolling blackout like the one in 2003 from Canada through New York and farther south, the Harris Station dam can supply power systematically to the plants across the eastern seaboard to bring them back online. As such they have to test the maximum power output of the turbines a few times a year, and they let the water rip. Typically Harris station releases 2000 to 4000 CFS daily (cubic feet/sec) of water during the day to ensure the river is fun to raft, the rafting brings in millions of tourist dollars and taxes a year. When doing turbine testing they release up to 8000 CFS, it is simply amazing how fast the water is going. It opens up the Dead River for probably the best rafting in the world. The Kennebec really opens up and some new class 5 spots are formed with the higher water. Many rafting companies will not take anyone under the age of 18 on days of high water releases. You put in to the river right at the dam and it is amazing to see the water start to roil up with the releases. You better be a damn good swimmer as it is not a matter of if your raft is gonna dump, but when.

If you plan a trip, look up Northern Outdoors - https://www.northernoutdoors.com/ Right in the Forks, Maine.

Simply the best place for accommodations, and they always have the newest equipment on the river. You can get cabins, what they call a logodominium that sleeps 6 to 8 with private bath, and campsites. They have a brewery on site, bar, live music, pool, hot tub, you name it. Open year round for winter snowmobiling, x-country skiing, everything.

We are actually planning a family trip for next July/August, its probably going to be 10 to 12 of us, looking at 3 days and may run around 500 per person with a private cabin.
Kennebec sounds like it would be right for me, challenging but not too bad. I’m contemplating a trip to the Salmon River next year for an extended trip, 5-7 days.
wut?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Fuck. I'm throwing horeshoes in 11o degree heat. Who does that?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:18 am Fuck. I'm throwing horeshoes in 11o degree heat. Who does that?
Are you posting from your smartphone?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:21 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:18 am Fuck. I'm throwing horeshoes in 11o degree heat. Who does that?
We oned each other to death and both gave up in the heat.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:21 am
I'm going with "posting from the bottom of a bottle," actually. ;)
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Who still plays horseshoes? Cornhole is where it is at.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:58 am

I turned on ESPN2 the other day......to my surprise there was a cornhole championship.... It was interesting for about 35 seconds.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

washer pitching is the sport of real men.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:19 am washer pitching is the sport of real men.
Pussy sports for those men who can't handle real weights, if you know what I mean.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:58 am
Horseshoes is still the old classic and worth playing.
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Horseshoes weigh two and a half pounds
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:46 am Horseshoes weigh two and a half pounds
So, two pounds over your doctor recommended limit. Gotcha, wouldn't want you over extending yourself.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:46 am Horseshoes weigh two and a half pounds
In fluid oz or metric?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:54 am
In fluid oz or metric?
For WTC it's like 3 full beer cans
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:42 am
Flumper wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:19 am washer pitching is the sport of real men.
Pussy sports for those men who can't handle real weights, if you know what I mean.
washers you can get at the hardware store along with a 2 pvc couplings for cups. easy to get, easy to set up and easy to take with you.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:57 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:42 am
washers you can get at the hardware store along with a 2 pvc couplings for cups. easy to get, easy to set up and easy to take with you.
Easy to be limp wristed. What's your point
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Anyone have a clue what this retard is spewing. I have no idea
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

so, you aren't only having to hold up to 3 washers at a time, but also a can of beer. granted its not a triathalon, but its not a kid's game.