When Cancel Culture eats one of its own

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Re: When Cancel Culture eats one of its own

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Fuck him, & fuck "cancel culture" too. Good.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

This cancel phenomenon is out of control. Like a MeToo movement on steroids.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Flumper wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:30 pm This cancel phenomenon is out of control. Like a MeToo movement on steroids.
Exactly. Meanwhile they say they're for freedom of speech and then they do everything possible to suppress freedom of speech.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Smok44 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:32 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:30 pm Fuck him, & fuck "cancel culture" too. Good.
B,b,b,but he's one of you! :lol:
Sober up dude, now you're being silly.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Fuck him and his dumb hats. At least something happened. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

what an idiot. the comments he made are bad. what did he think was going to happen
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Apparently a lot of this shit is coming via Louis Farrakhan, a racist fuck that too many in the black community think is a leader. Leader of the Nation of Islam?

Interesting article from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on all this:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... od-1303210
These statements would be laughed at by anyone with a middle-school grasp of reason, but then former NBA player Stephen Jackson, a self-proclaimed activist, undid whatever progress his previous advocacy may have achieved by agreeing with DeSean Jackson on social media. Then he went on to talk about the Rothschilds owning all the banks and his support for the notorious homophobe and anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan. That is the kind of dehumanizing characterization of a people that causes the police abuses that killed his friend, George Floyd.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Smok44 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:50 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:46 pm Apparently a lot of this shit is coming via Louis Farrakhan, a racist fuck that too many in the black community think is a leader. Leader of the Nation of Islam?

These statements would be laughed at by anyone with a middle-school grasp of reason, but then former NBA player Stephen Jackson, a self-proclaimed activist, undid whatever progress his previous advocacy may have achieved by agreeing with DeSean Jackson on social media. Then he went on to talk about the Rothschilds owning all the banks and his support for the notorious homophobe and anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan. That is the kind of dehumanizing characterization of a people that causes the police abuses that killed his friend, George Floyd.
KAJ is and always has been an educated, respected professional athlete. It's a shame more don't look up to him or follow in his path.
you know, i totally agree with this. he's not a loud activist sort (or at least i don't think so). But when i have heard him chime in on topics its always with a really level tone that seems to be well thought out and smart.

i remember a long time ago reading some of a book about him. he said in first grade the teacher told him to sit down. he said, "I am sitting down". He was Lou Alcinder (sp?) right?
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Seriously.... I can't stand Nick Cannon.... Couldn't have happened to a better guy.
I blame Biker.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:46 pm Apparently a lot of this shit is coming via Louis Farrakhan, a racist fuck that too many in the black community think is a leader. Leader of the Nation of Islam?

KAJ is and always has been an educated, respected professional athlete. It's a shame more don't look up to him or follow in his path.
I hear he was an aspiring airline pilot too until he had a bad fish dinner on one flight.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

You can't fix stupid.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Flumper wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:23 pm

you know, i totally agree with this. he's not a loud activist sort (or at least i don't think so). But when i have heard him chime in on topics its always with a really level tone that seems to be well thought out and smart.

i remember a long time ago reading some of a book about him. he said in first grade the teacher told him to sit down. he said, "I am sitting down". He was Lou Alcinder (sp?) right?
Yes

He changed his name, I assume when he became a Muslim. So much for the bigots that bad mouth Islamic folks too.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

What’s happening at the NYT dwarfs this by a country mile.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Charliesheen wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:24 pm What’s happening at the NYT dwarfs this by a country mile.
i heard some big shot chick got fired or quit over the racist and horrible working conditions. how they edit stories to fit their narrative, etc.???
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Blast wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:30 pm

I hear he was an aspiring airline pilot too until he had a bad fish dinner on one flight.
Joey:
I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.

Roger Murdock:
The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Flumper wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:28 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:24 pm What’s happening at the NYT dwarfs this by a country mile.
i heard some big shot chick got fired or quit over the racist and horrible working conditions. how they edit stories to fit their narrative, etc.???
She said Twitter is deciding all editorial matters.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Charliesheen wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 pm
yeah. i really didn't catch much of the story (and i didn't know who she was) but from what i heard, she was PISSED!!!!
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Flumper wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:26 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 pm
yeah. i really didn't catch much of the story (and i didn't know who she was) but from what i heard, she was PISSED!!!!
She basically called out the NYT for its deference to woke politics in lieu of facts.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."