Washington
New York Jets
Los Angeles Chargers
Not doing opposites this year?
wut?
WestTexasCrude

Re: 2020 UJR NFL Football Pool: Week 1

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Going to be interesting tonight. I'm pretty sure I know what's going to happen. The NFL will cover it up as best as they can on live TV, but they can't hide from tomorrow's videos. I assume attendance will be limited to 25% or whatever. Those fans (ticket holders) being told they aren't allowed to wear face paint, headdresses, etc them being decades long season ticket holders being told at the gate what they can and can't do and then entering their home stadium (and depending on what the NFL ends up doing) seeing their end zones cover with SJW BLM BS messages or whatever, it could get ugly. NFL better hope it's just boos throughout the game. I'm hoping for much more to send a message since the NFL seems to be tone deaf. People are pissed at this BS.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:57 pm Going to be interesting tonight. I'm pretty sure I know what's going to happen. The NFL will cover it up as best as they can on live TV, but they can't hide from tomorrow's videos. I assume attendance will be limited to 25% or whatever. Those fans (ticket holders) being told they aren't allowed to wear face paint, headdresses, etc them being decades long season ticket holders being told at the gate what they can and can't do and then entering their home stadium (and depending on what the NFL ends up doing) seeing their end zones cover with SJW BLM BS messages or whatever, it could get ugly. NFL better hope it's just boos throughout the game. I'm hoping for much more to send a message since the NFL seems to be tone deaf. People are pissed at this BS.
Take your meds.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

YAY! The game tonight is on NBC!!

I don't have this game bet because I would have to take KC in this one, but in game one of a year that who knows wtf is going to happen, giving up 9-1/2 points is crazy.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:47 pm YAY! The game tonight is on NBC!!

I don't have this game bet because I would have to take KC in this one, but in game one of a year that who knows wtf is going to happen, giving up 9-1/2 points is crazy.
Agreed.
I wasn't going to touch this game with a ten foot pole! KC is clearly the better team, but Watson just got his HUGE new contract so he'll come out like a man on fire.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:56 pm

Agreed.
I wasn't going to touch this game with a ten foot pole! KC is clearly the better team, but Watson just got his HUGE new contract so he'll come out like a man on fire.
does this week of games count toward the season record? I really have no idea if there is a pre-season or they ditched it.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:03 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:56 pm

Agreed.
does this week of games count toward the season record? I really have no idea if there is a pre-season or they ditched it.
Yes, they ditched the pre-season games.
The pool runs from week 1 to the Super Bowl.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

And there you go. Boos raining down even with the NFL muting the crowd mics
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Image -6.5

Image -6.5

Image -8

Image -7

Image -6
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

somebody has become empowered to think that betting the heavy favorites is the way to go.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:20 pm somebody has become empowered to think that betting the heavy favorites is the way to go.
Not really. I'm just steering clear of the low spread games in week 1 without a pre-season.
But that said, I could just as easily go 0-5 with those picks. :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:28 pm
Flumper wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:20 pm somebody has become empowered to think that betting the heavy favorites is the way to go.
Not really. I'm just steering clear of the low spread games in week 1 without a pre-season.
If last night is any indication, then you are on the right track. Watching that game with a small crowd didn't seem to have much impact as a viewer, but for the players it may have changed their intensity. It was either a good sign for the home teams or a good sign for the favorites.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:46 pm
If last night is any indication, then you are on the right track. Watching that game with a small crowd didn't seem to have much impact as a viewer, but for the players it may have changed their intensity. It was either a good sign for the home teams or a good sign for the favorites.
Without the crowds will "home field advantage" even exist this year?
It will be really interesting to see how the Seahawks do at home this year without that world famous crowd noise.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:03 pm
Flumper wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:46 pm
Without the crowds will "home field advantage" even exist this year?
It will be really interesting to see how the Seahawks do at home this year without that world famous crowd noise.
Actually, I am thinking that "home field advantage" will be even greater this year. If a team is playing at home, then they are sleeping and living at home. Meaning its a routine, even though nothing is a routine right now. But at least they take the mask off on the drive home and don't put it back on until they go somewhere. BUT, for the visitor team, they are exposed 24/7 when they are traveling. So, its a constant reminder that things aren't normal. And I would imagine that traveling is a HUGE inconvenience right now. Especially mentally.

Who knows. Maybe it won't matter. But we will see.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Wow. I will be completely guessing here. I dont know anything about these teams and dont plan to learn. I may not watch a game all year. :lol:

Detroit
Dallas
Philly
New England
San Fran
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

There are no issues with lines, they are set by bets, nothing more. If folks are betting on one side, the line changes, if that also changes so does the line.

There is no trick here kids, if you think you know more than the lines, beat us and the line. You may get rich. Looking forward to hearing about all the success stories.

Just pick your damn teams and show me you can win.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Seattle will win because my team is better prepared and tougher than their opponents.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:56 am There are no issues with lines, they are set by bets, nothing more. If folks are betting on one side, the line changes, if that also changes so does the line.

There is no trick here kids, if you think you know more than the lines, beat us and the line. You may get rich. Looking forward to hearing about all the success stories.

Just pick your damn teams and show me you can win.
Yes. Its about how the money comes in. If a bunch of money comes in on one team the bookies will adjust the line to encourage money the other way. Ideally, the odds makers want it 50/50 so they maximize their return on the vigorish.

That said, large swings or sudden influxes of money to one side can be an indicator of something else.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:57 am Seattle will win because my team is better prepared and tougher than their opponents.
Hopefully Pete Carrol's jaw is in shape for all the gum chewing.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:05 pm Wow. I will be completely guessing here. I dont know anything about these teams and dont plan to learn. I may not watch a game all year. :lol:

Detroit
Dallas
Philly
New England
San Fran
Preemptive excusing.
wut?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:47 pm As reining Champ, I'll take Houston +9.5. Pick the rest on Saturday.
The rest/
Philly -6.5
Dallas -3
Carolina +3
Seattle -2
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

The team formerly known as Redskins +6.5
Rams +3
Colts-8
Ravens -8
Vikings -2.5
Last edited by B-Tender on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

B-Tender wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:16 pm Redskins +6.5
Rams +3
Colts-8
Ravens -8
Vikings -2.5
Redskins is a bold choice as there is no team with that name now.
wut?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

:lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Wut wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:27 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:05 pm Wow. I will be completely guessing here. I dont know anything about these teams and dont plan to learn. I may not watch a game all year. :lol:

Detroit
Dallas
Philly
New England
San Fran
Preemptive excusing.
Maybe subconsciously I guess. Ever since I quit fantasy football though about 6 years ago my interest level has gone down every single year. I still want the Lions to do well but I really find my Sundays much more enjoyable now.