Re: Post nothing for good reason (NSFW)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Blast wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:39 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:37 pm Image
where are the rest?
That's the only one so far. I haven't seen her in person yet, but I'm supposed to tonight. So more to come afterward if she's agreeable to photography.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:40 pm
Is that goth Taco Bell chick?
No. Taco Bell Goth Girl is WAY bustier. I need to come up with a name for this one.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Deathproof wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:43 pm
No. Taco Bell Goth Girl is WAY bustier. I need to come up with a name for this one.
you seem to get a bunch of goth chicks. Are you part of Avenged Sevenfold?
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Blast wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:44 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:43 pm
you seem to get a bunch of goth chicks. Are you part of Avenged Sevenfold?
No. I get more non-goths than goths, anyway. It just seems vice versa because the goth chicks tend to send pictures or allow pictures to be taken more than non-goths do.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

Zerobeat wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:09 pm
jsdspif wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:48 pm I'm going to say 750 million dollars. Speaking of big machines....on a bandsaw forum they were talking about blade welders. The blad is clamped at both ends and gets electrified and pretty much melts together. One guy chimed in that he works for a railroad and they have a welder that does that to railroad track. I think he said it was 440 volts 800 amps and weighed 75 tons.
Talking about trains reminds me of a story that I'll make a new post on. Look for the wild night pauline pulled a train.
They can thermite weld rail a hell of a lot easier.
I have no idea why they do it that way other than the guy said they weld pieces together to make a 100 foot rail and that's taken by train to where they need it.
The thermite...My buddy is pretty smart at building stuff but he gets words mixed up. I asked him if he knew what tannerite was and he said "yeah that's the stuff they weld railroad track together"and I said no it's not and he's yes it is so he did a google voice and it didn't work so he searched manually
and he said "you're right,I guess you wouldn't want to try to weld train track with that stuff". Another time I told him I can't eat dairy products with out taking a lactase pill because I lack toes and tolerant. And he said "you're not saying that right,it's lactose and tolerant". And he was serious. I laughed my ass off.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

jsdspif wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:10 pm
jsdspif wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:48 pm I'm going to say 750 million dollars. Speaking of big machines....on a bandsaw forum they were talking about blade welders. The blad is clamped at both ends and gets electrified and pretty much melts together. One guy chimed in that he works for a railroad and they have a welder that does that to railroad track. I think he said it was 440 volts 800 amps and weighed 75 tons.
Talking about trains reminds me of a story that I'll make a new post on. Look for the wild night pauline pulled a train.
I have no idea why they do it that way other than the guy said they weld pieces together to make a 100 foot rail and that's taken by train to where they need it.
The thermite...My buddy is pretty smart at building stuff but he gets words mixed up. I asked him if he knew what tannerite was and he said "yeah that's the stuff they weld railroad track together"and I said no it's not and he's yes it is so he did a google voice and it didn't work so he searched manually
and he said "you're right,I guess you wouldn't want to try to weld train track with that stuff". Another time I told him I can't eat dairy products with out taking a lactase pill because I lack toes and tolerant. And he said "you're not saying that right,it's lactose and tolerant". And he was serious. I laughed my ass off.
That process you described in the top post sounds very similar to the method used to connect huge conveyor belts together. I had to build a tunnel one time that's purpose was to catch rock from the belly of a rail car and convey it several hundred feet to a radial stacker. This single conveyor belt was 42 inches wide and about 800 feet long. And obviously a conveyor belt is continuously making a loop, so the joint where it is attached has to run over every idler, etc. It has to be smooth and strong. They used a process called "vulcanizing". Which was new term to me, but it might be used for other things. Anyway, they heat the two ends and bascially weld them together as if the belt was one solid piece.

Astroturf is kind of connected the same way on a football field, although the process is not nearly as complicated as what those guys did for that conveyor belt. I used a piece of that belt that was cut-off as waste for a truck bed liner for my pickup. Best damn bed liner I ever had. I'm sure somebody is still using it.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:41 pm Image
British?

It has the ramp up front.
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

Stapes wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:06 pm Image
I recall back in high school, I attended a seminar down in Terre Haute, IN. One day we did a field trip to what I think was a strip coal mine. They also had a big ass excavator machine, tho not as big as this one. I remember them telling us that they had permission to cross the major highway once. I mean it was big enough that it would have been slow as hell and destroy the roadway.
Zerobeat
Forum God

Post by Zerobeat »

Flumper wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:37 pm
jsdspif wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:10 pm
That process you described in the top post sounds very similar to the method used to connect huge conveyor belts together. I had to build a tunnel one time that's purpose was to catch rock from the belly of a rail car and convey it several hundred feet to a radial stacker. This single conveyor belt was 42 inches wide and about 800 feet long. And obviously a conveyor belt is continuously making a loop, so the joint where it is attached has to run over every idler, etc. It has to be smooth and strong. They used a process called "vulcanizing". Which was new term to me, but it might be used for other things. Anyway, they heat the two ends and bascially weld them together as if the belt was one solid piece.

Astroturf is kind of connected the same way on a football field, although the process is not nearly as complicated as what those guys did for that conveyor belt. I used a piece of that belt that was cut-off as waste for a truck bed liner for my pickup. Best damn bed liner I ever had. I'm sure somebody is still using it.
When they join the belts on lake freighters, they basically clamp it between two H-Beam heaters, and fuse them. Those belts are 3-4" thick, and several feet wide under the holds. Would love to have seen the railcar conveyor you did, I enjoy projects like that.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Zerobeat wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:22 pm
When they join the belts on lake freighters, they basically clamp it between two H-Beam heaters, and fuse them. Those belts are 3-4" thick, and several feet wide under the holds. Would love to have seen the railcar conveyor you did, I enjoy projects like that.
Yeah, that's what they did. If I remember right, the belts are several plys and the first thing they do is match up the two ends and put them into a big jig (to keep them straight and in place). Then they separate the plys and cut them on a slight angle so that each ply matches up with the same one on the other end. Then they apply some kind of glue and marry each lap up with the corresponding one on the other end. And once its all put together they clamp the shit out of it with these heater plates and then clamp small H beams on top and bottom to tighten the shit out of it. I can't remember how long they have to let it set under heat and pressure.

then they take it apart, trim it up and inspect it and that was that. It was a specialized crew called in for that single job and they hit the ground running.

now, if you want to see a crew that didn't hit the ground running, you should have been there when the Railroad people had to show up to install the track on top of this under ground hopper we had built. YAWN fucking YAWN. There is really no way to describe the union's methods of running a crew. They literally sat for one full day waiting on a machine that they needed to do a simple task, but union rules wouldn't allow it to be done any other way. You had to see it to believe it.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

there's a lot of symbolism in that gif.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Biker wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 pm Image
:D
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 pm Image
G-damn it. :lol: :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Meet 19 year old Ashli Blain, Chinook helicopter pilot fighting the wildfires in on the west coast. Loves having her ass eaten.

Biker

Post by Biker »

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:35 pm Meet 19 year old Ashli Blain, Chinook helicopter pilot fighting the wildfires in on the west coast. Loves having her ass eaten.

How do we know that?
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Deathproof wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:35 pm Meet 19 year old Ashli Blain, Chinook helicopter pilot fighting the wildfires in on the west coast. Loves having her ass eaten.

How do we know that?
https://fireaviation.com/2020/09/13/tee ... -chinooks/

I blame Biker.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Stapes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:10 pm

How do we know that?

That's nice, but I didnt see anything about ass-eating.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Deathproof wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:24 pm

How do we know that?

Oh....lol I should have known that was what you were asking...lol
I blame Biker.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Stapes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:28 pm
Deathproof wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:24 pm

How do we know that?

Oh....lol I should have known that was what you were asking...lol
Well yeah. She's cute, and 19 years old makes it pretty likely she's a fan. It's not outside the realm of possibility that I could hit it. So of course I want to know.