Finally entering the new century

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: Finally entering the new century

Post by Wut »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 am Once I buy the phone, any suggestions on carriers?
For you, Typhoid Mary.
wut?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:53 am https://www.rent.com/texas/ingram-apart ... v205730558

$600 a month rent. get it and quit flushing money down a motel drain. you can upgrade later when you have shit figured out. thanks.
Oh, so simple for the simple minded. I guess you haven't heard about the Fed/State renters "no eviction " legislation in effect through 2020. Preach somewhere else because you have no clue on what's going on locally. Thanks.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:14 am
Flumper wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:53 am https://www.rent.com/texas/ingram-apart ... v205730558

$600 a month rent. get it and quit flushing money down a motel drain. you can upgrade later when you have shit figured out. thanks.
Oh, so simple for the simple minded. I guess you haven't heard about the Fed/State renters "no eviction " legislation in effect through 2020. Preach somewhere else because you have no clue on what's going on locally. Thanks.
I, personally, can't figure out why everyone treats you like a dick.
wut?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Sunday drunk on a Tuesday.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Well, Wut sure turned nasty. He always seemed to have a couple of screws loose.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 am
Geist wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:44 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:31 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:59 pm Are you buying a prepaid? Or buying one on Ebay?
It's just an older model Samsung Galaxy A-71 on 4g. Don't need all the extra crap. It will be light years ahead. Around $400- a little less for "unlocked". I'm not paying any monthly installment BS- paid in full. Edit- I'm planning on buying the phone seperate and shopping the carriers after if that impacts the "locked vs unlocked" discussion.
Get a flagship phone or get a sub $200 burner. Anything else is a waste of money.
Sorry, I have no idea what that means.I'm buying a SGalaxy a-71 and I need to know what the "unlocked" feature means for my future. Nothing else matters.Can you explain your comment?
It means that Samsung's A-series is all garbage. If you're going to go that route, you're not going to notice the difference between the one you mentioned and, let's say, the A-20, but you're going to pay more than twice as much.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Geist wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:28 am
Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:59 pm Are you buying a prepaid? Or buying one on Ebay?
It's just an older model Samsung Galaxy A-71 on 4g. Don't need all the extra crap. It will be light years ahead. Around $400- a little less for "unlocked". I'm not paying any monthly installment BS- paid in full. Edit- I'm planning on buying the phone seperate and shopping the carriers after if that impacts the "locked vs unlocked" discussion.
Get a flagship phone or get a sub $200 burner. Anything else is a waste of money.
Sorry, I have no idea what that means.I'm buying a SGalaxy a-71 and I need to know what the "unlocked" feature means for my future. Nothing else matters.Can you explain your comment?
It means that Samsung's A-series is all garbage. If you're going to go that route, you're not going to notice the difference between the one you mentioned and, let's say, the A-20, but you're going to pay more than twice as much.
This comment makes no sense. A-series"garbage"? The reviews I see are perfect for me. I'm not rushing out and buying any brand new 5G BS for $1,500 just because it's now available. It's a perfect upgrade for me. And I don't understand the "pay twice as much" comment. Can you explain that? The models are $400 for locked and lower for "unlocked". I'm only focused on the phone purchase. Deal with the carrier situation later. Lower price mean pre-owned?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

wut?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:09 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 am Once I buy the phone, any suggestions on carriers?
There is this thing called the internet..... You go on there and you can compare plan prices with each carrier....... You have to ask yourself what you're going to use your phone for.... Are you going to need a data plan for internet access because that's extra..... If you're not going to use it much a prepaid might be the better way to go..... You need to put on your big boy pants and learn how to live in the f****** world
"big boy pants". Like I need advice from someone so out of touch with reality he doesn't even see what's coming in like 7 weeks. I can't even mention the times over the last 13 years that I've researched a subject on Google and when I put the same question to UJ or UJR (everyday experience) I find out something else. It's been invaluable. So, stuff your internet. It's not what you think it is.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 pm
This comment makes no sense. A-series"garbage"? The reviews I see are perfect for me. I'm not rushing out and buying any brand new 5G BS for $1,500 just because it's now available. It's a perfect upgrade for me. And I don't understand the "pay twice as much" comment. Can you explain that? The models are $400 for locked and lower for "unlocked". I'm only focused on the phone purchase. Deal with the carrier situation later. Lower price mean pre-owned?

He is saying the A-71 will cost you double what an A-20 would cost you. The a71 has better specs than the a20.. more storage capacity.... better battery life....more RAM.

if all you're concerned about is the price point and you don't care about the specs than maybe the cheaper a20 would be better for you.
And I've already explained to you the difference between a locked and unlocked phone. Locked just means that it's locked to a certain carrier. You can't take a Verizon phone that's locked to Verizon and bring it over to the AT&t.... At least not without a lot of hassle. The main advantage of a locked phone is that you can get a deal through the carrier and buy a more expensive phone and pay monthly increments. An unlocked phone is not tethered to any carrier but you usually have to pay full price up front.

Pre-owned is just pre-owned. You can buy a pre-owned locked and a pre-owned unlocked if you want
Last edited by Stapes on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I blame Biker.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:13 pm
There is this thing called the internet..... You go on there and you can compare plan prices with each carrier....... You have to ask yourself what you're going to use your phone for.... Are you going to need a data plan for internet access because that's extra..... If you're not going to use it much a prepaid might be the better way to go..... You need to put on your big boy pants and learn how to live in the f****** world
"big boy pants". Like I need advice from someone so out of touch with reality he doesn't even see what's coming in like 7 weeks. I can't even mention the times over the last 13 years that I've researched a subject on Google and when I put the same question to UJ or UJR (everyday experience) I find out something else. It's been invaluable. So, stuff your internet. It's not what you think it is.

You're the dumbest goldfish in the goldfish bowl I don't know why I bother
I blame Biker.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Dude, nothing I said is unclear. I even made a suggestion for an eqivalent phone that's less than half the price. If you're not shelling out for Samsung's S-series phones (the expensive ones), there is no point in overpaying for Chinese garbage. The phone you selected is Chinese garbage. You will not notice the difference between a Samsung A71 and the much cheaper A20. The A71 has more storage capacity but that really doesn't matter considering you can expand storage with an SD card anyway.
Last edited by Geist on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

I can't wait until he signs with AT&t and we get 40 threads on how he's getting fucked.
I blame Biker.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:15 pm

He is saying the A-71 will cost you double what an A-20 would cost you. The a71 has better specs than the a20.. more storage capacity.... better battery life....more RAM.

if all you're concerned about is the price point and you don't care about the specs than maybe the cheaper a20 would be better for you.
And I've already explained to you the difference between a locked and unlocked phone. Locked just means that it's locked to a certain carrier. You can't take a Verizon phone that's locked to Verizon and bring it over to the AT&t.... At least not without a lot of hassle. The main advantage of a locked phone is that you can get a deal through the carrier and buy a more expensive phone and pay monthly increments. An unlocked phone is not tethered to any carrier but you usually have to pay full price up front.

Pre-owned is just pre-owned. You can buy a pre-owned locked and a pre-owned unlocked if you want
Ok, thank you very much. Just focused on the phone purchase. We are talking $400, lower for unlocked. No big deal either way just want to know which impacts a price difference when dealing with whatever carrier on monthly rate. I have no problem with pre-owned. It's all a major upgrade for me either way. Thanks for the advise.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:26 pm
Stapes wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:15 pm

Ok, thank you very much. Just focused on the phone purchase. We are talking $400, lower for unlocked. No big deal either way just want to know which impacts a price difference when dealing with whatever carrier on monthly rate. I have no problem with pre-owned. It's all a major upgrade for me either way. Thanks for the advise.
Why do you keep bringing up the unlocked part as a deal breaker? Do you not have a carrier you know you want? Considering you live in butt fuck Egypt you might want to consider that first.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Irrelevant to the thread....

And FYI, last November I ditched my flip phone and bought an Android from Walmart for $103....
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Geist wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 pm

Dude, nothing I said is unclear. I even made a suggestion for an eqivalent phone that's less than half the price. If you're not shelling out for Samsung's S-series phones (the expensive ones), there is no point in overpaying for Chinese garbage. The phone you selected is Chinese garbage. You will not notice the difference between a Samsung A71 and the much cheaper A20. The A71 has more storage capacity but that really doesn't matter considering you can expand storage with an SD card anyway.
Ok, Giest. Thank you very much. That's the kind of advise you can only get when you post with "real people " in a forum instead of a paid click on some news site or Google. I'll check the A20. Thanks.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Dude the A20 runs on C Batteries, the batteries are gonna cost you $50 a month if you can even get C Batteries in Kerr County.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

I just upgraded from my 3 year old Note 8 to the Note 20 Ultra.

6.9 inch AMOLED display with 120hz refresh rate and Quad HD resolution surrounded by Gorilla Glass 7.

512gb of storage expandable up to 1TB

12gb RAM powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chip and 5G capable

108 megapixel front camera......5x optical zoom.....50x digital zoom.....laser auto focus sensor

8k video capture (never going to use it)

S-pen

$1,000 USD after $300 trade in for my Note 8. It's not a phone it's a work of art.

I hope this helps.
I blame Biker.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:40 pm

And FYI, last November I ditched my flip phone and bought an Android from Walmart for $103....
Had no idea they had cell service above the Arctic Circle.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:55 pm

Irrelevant to the thread.....
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

So, does the A20 have the same "locked- unlocked" situation?
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:01 am So, does the A20 have the same "locked- unlocked" situation?
Yes. But like I said, choose your carrier first.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:00 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:55 pm

Irrelevant to the thread.....
:lol: :lol:
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I see the A71 has almost 3X the ram speed of the A20. Any clue what that means?