Deathproof band ratings

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Re: Deathproof band ratings

Post by Deathproof »

porky wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 pm
hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:36 pm
Deathproof wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:15 pm And his duet with George Michael on "Dont Let the Sun Go Down on Me" was excellent as well.
5 out of 5.
i always thought the name of the song was "don't let your son go down on me"...i guess it because of the 2 artists.
I cant say I've never made that same joke.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

it has been years since i could pull that old joke out
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

btw imho...tiny dancer is his best work.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:15 pm And his duet with George Michael on "Dont Let the Sun Go Down on Me" was excellent as well.
5 out of 5.
i always thought the name of the song was "don't let your son go down on me"...i guess it because of the 2 artists.
You think they fucked backstage or kept it professional?
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:46 pm
5 out of 5.
im sure there raw dawged it right in the studio. i hear hawk was the drummer
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Thoughts on a couple songstresses like Norah Jones and Adele?
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

porky wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:48 pm
5 out of 5.
I would have sucked a dick to have the chance to play with either of those men.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:28 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:31 pm Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rival Sons
The Chili Peppers are one of those bands who have a couple decent songs and then piles and piles of shit. "Other Side", "Scar Tissue", and "Soul to Squeeze" are great. Everything else they've done is pure bullshit. Anthony Keidis needs to decide whether he's a singer or a scat guy.It doesn't matter, because he sucks at both. His voice is annoying, and the headcold-staccato thing he does isn't doing him any favors. Flea, as a bassist, is way overrated. And the guitarist and drummer are so unremarkable that I don't even know who they are.
The funk-rock thing is overdone. And there are plenty of other bands doing it way better than the Chili Peppers do it. 2 out of 5.
Love them or hate them they created their own sound and were the first (maybe most successful) to incorporate Funk with Punk/metal. That should get them at least a 3 right?

They have expanded their sound on almost every album since Mother's Milk in a way few current bands can do (Maybe Radiohead). Perhaps Funk/rock seems played out because their discography is so long. There is no one that comes close to pulling it off as well as them.

They have also switched guitarists many times but John Frusciante and their original guitarist (Slovak) don't deserve to be called unremarkable. They both had talent and their own style. Slovak was a good songwriter as well.

And how can you not love Will Ferrel on the drums?
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:23 pm
porky wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:48 pm
5 out of 5.
I would have sucked a dick to have the chance to play with either of those men.
i fucking knew it!
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I just went through this whole thread, and holy shit this may be the best thread we have here at UJR. It is scary how similar my tastes in music line up with DP, and I am 20 years older than him.

AND flumpers summary work was outstanding. Too bad he will be perma-banned for his signature.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

A bit afraid of this one because I am a fan, but how about the Dave Matthews Band?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:26 pm I just went through this whole thread, and holy shit this may be the best thread we have here at UJR. It is scary how similar my tastes in music line up with DP, and I am 20 years older than him.

AND flumpers summary work was outstanding. Too bad he will be perma-banned for his signature.
Keep in mind my early exposure to a lot of music was through my dad's record collection, and he's in your age group. He's 25 years older than me.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

XTC, REM, Sex Pistols, Motown, The Ramones... it is like you are living in my head.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:26 pm XTC, REM, Sex Pistols, Motown, The Ramones... it is like you are living in my head.
It's great stuff. And I don't doubt that being a musician, having that kind of creative mind, has helped to refine my taste and allowed me to see what is and isn't good music.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:39 pm
hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:26 pm XTC, REM, Sex Pistols, Motown, The Ramones... it is like you are living in my head.
It's great stuff. And I don't doubt that being a musician, having that kind of creative mind, has helped to refine my taste and allowed me to see what is and isn't good music.
Except you think Eminem is good hip hop.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:44 pm A bit afraid of this one because I am a fan, but how about the Dave Matthews Band?
There are a few bands/artists I hoped wouldn't be brought up. DMB is one of them.
Okay, let me qualify: they are fine instrumentalists. I don't want anything else I say here to be misinterpreted as though I said otherwise. Alright? They play their instruments well.

However.... I find their music sleep-inducing. If that's their goal, well fuck, they're awesome at it. But I suspect it's not. They bore the absolute shit out of me. It's droning, mid-range, jam-band stuff. Your mileage may vary. If you like them, I can understand why; like I said, they are good musicians. Its just that they write really, really boring songs. "What Would You Say" was nearly an exception; I will give them an additional .25 for that song. But I cannot listen to them while driving, lest I pass out behind the wheel. And keep in mind I suffer from chronic insomnia.

Also, Matthew's Matthew's voice is irritating. Its too nasal.
1.25 out of 5.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:44 pm
No, I don't. There's no such thing as "good hip hop". That is an oxymoronic concept.
I simp,y find Eminem to be among the most tolerable examples of a sub-par genre. He's the shiniest turd in a bowl overflowing with shit.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:56 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:44 pm
No, I don't. There's no such thing as "good hip hop". That is an oxymoronic concept.
I simp,y find Eminem to be among the most tolerable examples of a sub-par genre. He's the shiniest turd in a bowl overflowing with shit.
Sounds about White.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:53 pm
hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:44 pm A bit afraid of this one because I am a fan, but how about the Dave Matthews Band?
There are a few bands/artists I hoped wouldn't be brought up. DMB is one of them.
Okay, let me qualify: they are fine instrumentalists. I don't want anything else I say here to be misinterpreted as though I said otherwise. Alright? They play their instruments well.

However.... I find their music sleep-inducing. If that's their goal, well fuck, they're awesome at it. But I suspect it's not. They bore the absolute shit out of me. It's droning, mid-range, jam-band stuff. Your mileage may vary. If you like them, I can understand why; like I said, they are good musicians. Its just that they write really, really boring songs. "What Would You Say" was nearly an exception; I will give them an additional .25 for that song. But I cannot listen to them while driving, lest I pass out behind the wheel. And keep in mind I suffer from chronic insomnia.

Also, Matthew's Matthew's voice is irritating. Its too nasal.
1.25 out of 5.
I do understand that the songs are rough as a whole, and I mostly agree. The thing is the first time I heard them was live at a show I went to see Blues Travelers and Lenny Kravitz, I had no idea who they were. But, once they started I worked to the front as Carter Beauford blew me the fuck away. I have been a fan since, but mostly because of the rhythm section.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Jack White/White Stripes/Raconteurs
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:21 pm Jack White/White Stripes/Raconteurs
Good pick
I blame Biker.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Stapes wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:36 pm
Good pick
DP will probably give him an extra .5 for fucking his own sister.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:54 pm
Stapes wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:36 pm
Good pick
DP will probably give him an extra .5 for fucking his own sister.
Only if it's in the butt
I blame Biker.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Deathloser, the scumbag Cheaptrick lover, doesn't know shit about good music. Fuck, if I took a guitar and a pipe wrench I would make better music than that pussy asshat ever dreamed of. Who the fuck asks this dickwad what music he likes as if it matters, oh, Biker, the other major moron here. It figures. :lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:54 pm Deathloser, the scumbag Cheaptrick lover, doesn't know shit about good music. Fuck, if I took a guitar and a pipe wrench I would make better music than that pussy asshat ever dreamed of. Who the fuck asks this dickwad what music he likes as if it matters, oh, Biker, the other major moron here. It figures. :lol:
Wherever you were? Please go back there.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."