LOLZ (NSFW)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: LOLZ (NSFW)

Post by CaptQuint »

Look at that swollen snozz

:boxing:
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

captquint wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:11 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:09 am
captquint wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:57 am Yeah man, I buy mental credits all the time
Something we kinda figured.
I'm not surprised you want to move past this. You made some bold claims that you cannot back up and again assured everyone who reads this that you are indeed a fool.
So 3/4 the time we hear you speak out the side of your ass like it's reality. Back to your 18 hour CNN viewing in your snow encased shack to mold your views. Good Lord. Talk about low info voters.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

OOps. failed to see the shift back to LOLZ where it should never have left anyway.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I'm certainly no expert on high consumption electric rates but I'd imagine even manufacturing facilities with boat loads of equipment don't ring up electric bills of 40k per month.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

So folks, in summary, if you get a mansion and decide to consume enough electricity to run up a $40,000 electric bill every month, I would highly recommend that you get a minimum of 17 services of at least 200 amps each going into your home. Just to make sure that you don't have to keep flipping breakers all night and day. And with 17 breaker boxes, you will want to make sure and carefully label each one and maybe have a generator backup to light the room they are in.

Now, the quickest way to do this would be to hook up 5,000 light sockets with 100 watt bulbs in each one, so you can burn them 24 hours a day. In case you leave for work or go to sleep or even go on vacation. Remember, that meter doesn't spin itself.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

You sound more like flumper everyday.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:36 pm holy shit. think about it for a minute. can you even fathom what it would take to run up a $40,000 electric bill in a month. That's over $1300 per day in electrical consumption. Using 11 cents a kwH that would be 12,000 kwH in a single day. 500 kwH each hour.

If my knowledge on this is right that would mean using 500,000 watts of power every single hour 24 hours a day. Honestly, I think your house would burn down trying to attempt that.
Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:32 pm So folks, in summary, if you get a mansion and decide to consume enough electricity to run up a $40,000 electric bill every month, I would highly recommend that you get a minimum of 17 services of at least 200 amps each going into your home. Just to make sure that you don't have to keep flipping breakers all night and day. And with 17 breaker boxes, you will want to make sure and carefully label each one and maybe have a generator backup to light the room they are in.

Now, the quickest way to do this would be to hook up 5,000 light sockets with 100 watt bulbs in each one, so you can burn them 24 hours a day. In case you leave for work or go to sleep or even go on vacation. Remember, that meter doesn't spin itself.
I ran these numbers through our program at work and they are relatively accurate.
We have a factory here in town that builds military APC's and they don't use that much hydro.
Half a million bucks a year to power a 3,500 square foot house is simply ridiculous.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Hey Tipper? Did you remember to leave the oven on?

Al, honey, i think we need to go back. I think i forgot to turn all the lights on

Tipper! Who left that light out in the back yard this morning?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:32 pm So folks, in summary, if you get a mansion and decide to consume enough electricity to run up a $40,000 electric bill every month, I would highly recommend that you get a minimum of 17 services of at least 200 amps each going into your home. Just to make sure that you don't have to keep flipping breakers all night and day. And with 17 breaker boxes, you will want to make sure and carefully label each one and maybe have a generator backup to light the room they are in.

But can you hook the GFI plugs up with the A/C circuit?
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

This one time Micheal Jackson stopped in Iraan, Texas on the way to the airport and he knocked on WTC's door and asked to use his toilet. Unfortunately WTC does not have a cell phone and we only have his memories to remember that awesome day~
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

megman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:10 pm

We can't afford to use any gfi plugs. we are going to be busy enough flipping breakers.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:25 pm
megman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:10 pm

We can't afford to use any gfi plugs. we are going to be busy enough flipping breakers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Hmm.. Doing more research into Al's dilemma. The average life expectancy of a 100 watt incandescent bulb is 1200 hours. So that is 50 days if he's going to meet this $40,000 minimum on usage.

If he has to use 5,000 of them to meet his goal and they each last 50 days, then he will have to set them up on a rotational basis, so he only has to change out 100 bulbs per day. It seems doable.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:39 pm Hmm.. Doing more research into Al's dilemma. The average life expectancy of a 100 watt incandescent bulb is 1200 hours. So that is 50 days if he's going to meet this $40,000 minimum on usage.

If he has to use 5,000 of them to meet his goal and they each last 50 days, then he will have to set them up on a rotational basis, so he only has to change out 100 bulbs per day. It seems doable.
WTC comment?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:39 pm Hmm.. Doing more research into Al's dilemma. The average life expectancy of a 100 watt incandescent bulb is 1200 hours. So that is 50 days if he's going to meet this $40,000 minimum on usage.

I wonder how much 36,500 light bulbs per year costs?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Zerobeat
Forum God

Post by Zerobeat »

Intermittent, or continuous usage? They will most likely last longer if used continuously, introducing a certain amount of randomness into the mix.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Zerobeat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:53 pm

Intermittent, or continuous usage? They will most likely last longer if used continuously, introducing a certain amount of randomness into the mix.
i thought about that, and you are probably right. i think the most damage done to an element inside a bulb is when its turned on and off. And since he won't be doing that, other than when breakers are thrown, then they probably will last longer than 50 days. Either way, his mansion would be an excellent place to test that out.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

The new flat panel LED lights I install last 50,000 hours
Zerobeat
Forum God

Post by Zerobeat »

Flumper wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:01 pm
Zerobeat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:53 pm

i thought about that, and you are probably right. i think the most damage done to an element inside a bulb is when its turned on and off. And since he won't be doing that, other than when breakers are thrown, then they probably will last longer than 50 days. Either way, his mansion would be an excellent place to test that out.
We could slap some current transformers on the mains (or branches), watch for the dip in current, then send someone out to retrieve the dead bulb. If we trend out the current readings, we can take life averages from the initial set of bulbs, and project the lifespan. Would be interesting to see how close they'd match up, assuming we were able to get enough bulbs from a single production batch.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I bet Al's garage would make Clark Griswald's look like child's play.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

beagleboy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:27 pm
efman wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:22 pm Less babbling and more Lollz.

Or I am going to find another group of retards to hang out with.
Good luck.
:) No shit. And to make matters worse, this is the exact argument with essentially the exact posters we had to endure 4 months ago on UJR1.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:45 pm

I wonder how much 36,500 light bulbs per year costs?
$107,857.50 if he buys the econo 60W two pack at Walmart.