I was told there is no crisis

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: I was told there is no crisis

Post by stymiegreen »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 am The reason I don’t go for name calling is that I’m a grown man on the internet. Accomplishments and hash marks up to my neck. It’s not my style to argue by attack, or really respond to same. Twenty years ago, sure, but not today.
VinceBordenIII wrote:
I hope they take this cunt's medals away.
You can't go around saying things like women who used to be men but now say they're women aren't women.
I laughed.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

You can't really take the moral high road while advocating trump's child separation policy. It punishes parents by removing their kids, and it punishes the children by tearing them away from their parents, with the (ineffective) aim of deterring people who aren't even there. It was executed so incompetently that the admin can't even comply with court orders to reunite families.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

When you buy into trumps attempts to demonize and dehumanize immigrants on a daily basis it's easy to justify just taking their kids away as a punitive and vindictive measure whether its effective or not...cause fuck them...as Charlie says they're unfit parents so fuck them and their kids too. Deep. Compassionate conservatism at its finest.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

stymiegreen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:05 am
VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 am The reason I don’t go for name calling is that I’m a grown man on the internet. Accomplishments and hash marks up to my neck. It’s not my style to argue by attack, or really respond to same. Twenty years ago, sure, but not today.
VinceBordenIII wrote:
I hope they take this cunt's medals away.
You can't go around saying things like women who used to be men but now say they're women aren't women.
I laughed.
Not name calling. Joking. I don’t attack posters on the internet.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

stymiegreen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:45 am When you buy into trumps attempts to demonize and dehumanize immigrants on a daily basis it's easy to justify just taking their kids away as a punitive and vindictive measure whether its effective or not...cause fuck them...as Charlie says they're unfit parents so fuck them and their kids too. Deep. Compassionate conservatism at its finest.
How many illegal immigrant "families" you got posting up in your spare bedroom?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Charliesheen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:29 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:45 am When you buy into trumps attempts to demonize and dehumanize immigrants on a daily basis it's easy to justify just taking their kids away as a punitive and vindictive measure whether its effective or not...cause fuck them...as Charlie says they're unfit parents so fuck them and their kids too. Deep. Compassionate conservatism at its finest.
How many illegal immigrant "families" you got posting up in your spare bedroom?
That's about on par with your if you beleive in climate change you have to live in a grass hut lit by candles and ride your bike everywhere for transportation argument. Derp city. Nice touch putting families in quotes. Your brain has atrophied beyond the point of even attempting a normal conversation.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Biker wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:48 pm Image
And yet the Republicans that derp the loudest about immigration reform are usually the ones that have benefitted off the cheap immigrant labor for decades....and Trump is one of the biggest offenders.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Americans won't do those jobs for the price they are being done for. Paying the rates needed for less productive americans to do back breaking manual labour means more expensive groceries, and job losses due to the drop in demand.

The dairy industry would be particularly hard hit, doubling the price of milk, losing 200k jobs and seeing a 25% drop in demand-
http://www.nmpf.org/latest-news/press-r ... ble-retail

Even econ 101 isn't that simple.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

analhamster wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:04 pm Americans won't do those jobs for the price they are being done for. Paying the rates needed for less productive americans to do back breaking manual labour means more expensive groceries, and job losses due to the drop in demand.

The dairy industry would be particularly hard hit, doubling the price of milk, losing 200k jobs and seeing a 25% drop in demand-

20 years ago, the people building houses in SC were Americans. Now I go there and they're all non-English speaking Hispanic. I needed to get a new roof, can't even find a company that doesn't use Hispanics (presumably illegals, which is the point). They rent local properties for a couple of months in the winter, and do the roofs in the area. Several families share the homes.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:16 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:13 pm
analhamster wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:04 pm Americans won't do those jobs for the price they are being done for. Paying the rates needed for less productive americans to do back breaking manual labour means more expensive groceries, and job losses due to the drop in demand.

20 years ago, the people building houses in SC were Americans. Now I go there and they're all non-English speaking Hispanic. I needed to get a new roof, can't even find a company that doesn't use Hispanics (presumably illegals, which is the point). They rent local properties for a couple of months in the winter, and do the roofs in the area. Several families share the homes.
When I was subcontracting back in the day, I saw the price of rough framing go from $3.50 a sqft to $2.50 in only a short 5 year span. During that same period, the number of Latino workers increased astronomically.

Draw your own conclusions
It's just one of the reasons many of the big labor unions aren't exactly on board with the Dim embrace of illegal immigration.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

From that hack right-wing site Politico lolz:

Yes, There’s a Crisis at the Border

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... der-225642
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:35 pm
Biker wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:16 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:13 pm

When I was subcontracting back in the day, I saw the price of rough framing go from $3.50 a sqft to $2.50 in only a short 5 year span. During that same period, the number of Latino workers increased astronomically.

Draw your own conclusions
It's just one of the reasons many of the big labor unions aren't exactly on board with the Dim embrace of illegal immigration.
Dems do not embrace illegal anything, the Republicans seem to love breaking the law. And in my experience the big labor unions aren't really interested in residential construction
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:30 pm From that hack right-wing site Politico lolz:

Good read.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:44 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:30 pm From that hack right-wing site Politico lolz:

That clown obviously didnt consult with Hammy.
Trump has created a humanitarian crisis at the border, overburdening the system with zero tolerance policies, while making no attempt to put in extra resources to handle more kids due to his obsessive focus on trying to build a wall that might have helped in 20 years if shovels, ladders and cutting equipment didn't exist. The numbers aren't the crisis, they've been handled for decades and far higher in the past.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

A piece done by the editor of the National Review. Which is a right wing hack site.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

spudoc wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 pm

A piece done by the editor of the National Review. Which is a right wing hack site.
But the nasty fear mongering picture at the beginning of the article PROVES IT !!!

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

spudoc wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 pm

Yet, Politico published it. Do you disagree with any of the numbers?
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

quote wrote:Migrants are coming in greater numbers from Central American countries instead of Mexico, and are primarily families and children. In an astonishing shift, in 2012, 10 percent of apprehended migrants were families and children; in recent months, it’s been 61 percent.
Must be difficult to agree with the conclusion that there is a "crisis" at the border whilst also acknowledging that the thing that is making it a supposed "crisis" (families seeking assylum) goes against what conservatives have been claiming the entire time in that its just gang member aged males that are flooding the border to come through to rape and pillage. You pick and choose the facts you want to agree with based on the argument and its very transparent and predictable. What else is new? Same shit...different day for conservatives. Lulz.
quote wrote:Needless to say, a spiraling border crisis is maddening for a president committed to controlling the border, which is why we’ve seen such frenetic activity from Trump.
And once again...another false argument about the "crisis". Trump is supposedly "frenetically" trying to control the border with an emergency wall but there isn't even a conservative trump ball washer that is under any illusion that the wall can be constructed at some "frenetic" pace given the eminent domain cases that will need to be decided. So we are back to pretending the wall...accepting the false premise that the wall adequately addresses the crisis to begin with, could be built in any rapid timeline that would eclipse...what...3 years? 5 years? 8 years? Calling for the wall makes the dopes feel good when chanting at a Trump rally but it is not some quick fix that is going to provide instant security for anyone. This is a complete farce and a pipe dream put forth by clowns and liars.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Also the 76,000 number that is being tossed around, why should it be believed? The department of Homeland Security is in charge of all this and Sec. Neilson lies almost as much as Trump. He’ll just yesterday she started going on about drug smuggling because of a lack of walls and that bullshit has been debunked multiple times now.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

This is like that old joke:
Man meets a woman in a bar and asks her if she'd sleep with him for a million dollars. "Of course" she says.
Man asks her if she'll sleep with him for 20 dollars. "what do you think I am, a whore?" she replies.
"We've already established that miss, now we're just haggling over the price."
Dims agree there is a big fucking problem at the border but apparently the word "crisis" gives them the heebie jeebies.
So we all agree there is a problem we just cant agree on what to call it. For the Dims "crisis" is waaaaay too over the top. For R's, "crisis" gives a adequate description to a flood of uneducated and unskilled illegals trying to enter our country and overwhelm our systems.

You make the call I guess:

Crisis:
noun, plural cri·ses [krahy-seez] /ˈkraɪ siz/.
a stage in a sequence of events at which the trend of all future events, especially for better or for worse, is determined; turning point.
a condition of instability or danger, as in social, economic, political, or international affairs, leading to a decisive change.
a dramatic emotional or circumstantial upheaval in a person's life.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/crisis
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Ok so with the official definition in place, this being a critical point in the crisis, does the wall address the current condition?
wut?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Wut wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am Ok so with the official definition in place, this being a critical point in the crisis, does the wall address the current condition?
Not in totality. I'd like to see more resources devoted to processing to eliminate catch and release along with additional physical barriers in strategic locations, more patrols and electronic monitoring of remote areas.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:26 pm
Wut wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am Ok so with the official definition in place, this being a critical point in the crisis, does the wall address the current condition?
Not in totality. I'd like to see more resources devoted to processing to eliminate catch and release along with additional physical barriers in strategic locations, more patrols and electronic monitoring of remote areas.
There are still cases pending from the 2006 fence, it will take decades. It would take years even if all the landowners did just meekly hand over their land at bargain prices. That means it is no solution to trump's humanitarian crisis.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:29 am This is like that old joke:
Man meets a woman in a bar and asks her if she'd sleep with him for a million dollars. "Of course" she says.
Man asks her if she'll sleep with him for 20 dollars. "what do you think I am, a whore?" she replies.
Dims agree there is a big fucking problem at the border but apparently the word "crisis" gives them the heebie jeebies.
So we all agree there is a problem we just cant agree on what to call it. For the Dims "crisis" is waaaaay too over the top. For R's, "crisis" gives a adequate description to a flood of uneducated and unskilled illegals trying to enter our country and overwhelm our systems.

Crisis:
a stage in a sequence of events at which the trend of all future events, especially for better or for worse, is determined; turning point.
a condition of instability or danger, as in social, economic, political, or international affairs, leading to a decisive change.

Apparently the word gives Trump a problem too since despite trying to invoke the word to rile up his base he admitted that it wasn't an actual emergency when he declared it. So yeah...words matter. The intent behind whether this project is just to "stick it to the libs" and fulfill some nonsensical campaign promise or an actual crisis that requires a massive reallocation of resources is important. Too bad you don't seem to think so. You just keep hanging your argument over how big of a crisis Trump apparently convinced you it is.

Trump showed everyone his hand and yet you're still here trying to bet on it like he didn't. You must suck at poker. Lulz.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

stymiegreen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:41 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:29 am This is like that old joke:

Crisis:

Apparently the word gives Trump a problem too since despite trying to invoke the word to rile up his base he admitted that it wasn't an actual emergency when he declared it. So yeah...words matter. The intent behind whether this project is just to "stick it to the libs" and fulfill some nonsensical campaign promise or an actual crisis that requires a massive reallocation of resources is important. Too bad you don't seem to think so. You just keep hanging your argument over how big of a crisis Trump apparently convinced you it is.

Trump showed everyone his hand and yet you're still here trying to bet on it like he didn't. You must suck at poker. Lulz.
Whatever, holmes. ORANGE MAN BAD! Your argument might hold water if I had just got on the "protect our border" train. Too bad for you and your declarations that I've hated our porous border since I was a kid. And even when I was a flaming Liberal.

Just admit it: you know theres a problem there and we should address it. Physical barriers are just one of the ways we should be pursuing.