More Democratic Mail-In Ballot Fraud

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: More Democratic Mail-In Ballot Fraud

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:14 pm Appointing and nominating folks that have conservative leaning tendencies to judiciary positions equals "corrupting the judiciary " in Hammy's eyes :roll:
I'm sure if Joe gets the chance he's not gonna nominate any liberal leaning folks.
That is one of the design flaws in your failing democracy sure, but the republicans have not been playing by the rules, for the clear purpose of moving the judidicary far to the right against the will of the majority of the electorate. The SC has just been the highest profile example, it has been done at all levels. This is why baseless, evidenceless challenges to election integrity have been failing at the state level but not on appeal.

Do you understand that your defeated president has openly said that the reason for rushing Barratt through - after all that bullshit about being unable to consider Garland in an election year - was so he could try exactly what he is trying now, stealing an election by appealing to a judicial branch he has corrupted?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:03 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:14 pm Appointing and nominating folks that have conservative leaning tendencies to judiciary positions equals "corrupting the judiciary " in Hammy's eyes :roll:
I'm sure if Joe gets the chance he's not gonna nominate any liberal leaning folks.
That is one of the design flaws in your failing democracy sure, but the republicans have not been playing by the rules, for the clear purpose of moving the judidicary far to the right against the will of the majority of the electorate. The SC has just been the highest profile example, it has been done at all levels. This is why baseless, evidenceless challenges to election integrity have been failing at the state level but not on appeal.

Do you understand that your defeated president has openly said that the reason for rushing Barratt through - after all that bullshit about being unable to consider Garland in an election year - was so he could try exactly what he is trying now, stealing an election by appealing to a judicial branch he has corrupted?
What I understand is that all rules and laws were followed. Nothing illegal took place. Therefore, if no rules or laws were broken then the appointment is legitimate. This is really inarguable and any claims to the contrary are just whining.
She is now a rightful member of the SC and will rule on any case that comes before her as that is her job.
Its as if you really dont understand that a huge chunk of the populace is ok with conservative appointments in general and her appointment in particular.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Stapes wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:07 am USPS employee who claimed mail-in ballot tampering in PA recants allegations

https://www.wbtw.com/news/elections/usp ... legations/
Link no work
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Charliesheen wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:57 pm
Stapes wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:07 am USPS employee who claimed mail-in ballot tampering in PA recants allegations

Link no work
Huh.....looks like its gone but here you go.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/postal- ... d=74138861

However I am now reading that the employee is recanting his recanting....lol

I wonder if the $150,000 GoFundMe page set up for him by the GOP has anything to do with his change of tune....lol
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Link no work

I wonder if the $150,000 GoFundMe page set up for him by the GOP has anything to do with his change of tune....lol
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:14 pm What I understand is that all rules and laws were followed. Nothing illegal took place. Therefore, if no rules or laws were broken then the appointment is legitimate. This is really inarguable and any claims to the contrary are just whining.
All that's true, but now a dangerous precedent has been set by McConnell, one that may come back to bite the butts of people like him. It wasn't illegal, but it sure stretched proper governmental ethics on the matter. And she may pull a "Justice Roberts" and actually rule with her own mind in contradictions to expectations. I'd be happy to see that happen.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

QillerDaemon wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:47 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:14 pm What I understand is that all rules and laws were followed. Nothing illegal took place. Therefore, if no rules or laws were broken then the appointment is legitimate. This is really inarguable and any claims to the contrary are just whining.
All that's true, but now a dangerous precedent has been set by McConnell, one that may come back to bite the butts of people like him. It wasn't illegal, but it sure stretched proper governmental ethics on the matter. And she may pull a "Justice Roberts" and actually rule with her own mind in contradictions to expectations. I'd be happy to see that happen.
Nothing unethical and nothing illegal. Mitch just had a bigger dick than Chuck. The republicans took the same stance on Barrett that the Dems took on Garland and the Dems took the republican stance. Plenty of hypocrisy on both sides. Barrett, despite all of the Dem scare tactics, could end up being the vote that saves the remaining bits and pieces of the ACA.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Whackov wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:02 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:47 pm
Nothing unethical and nothing illegal. Mitch just had a bigger dick than Chuck. The republicans took the same stance on Barrett that the Dems took on Garland and the Dems took the republican stance. Plenty of hypocrisy on both sides. Barrett, despite all of the Dem scare tactics, could end up being the vote that saves the remaining bits and pieces of the ACA.
Roberts is sick of the ACA coming in front of his court. He believes it belongs in congress to fight about
I blame Biker.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Stapes wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Link no work

I the videos of FEDs try img to force him to recant don’t count?
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Trump lawyers suffer embarrassing rebukes from judges over voter fraud claims

By now, it’s well-established that most of the arguments put forward by President Trump’s reelection campaign in its challenge of the results of the 2020 election are baseless and highly speculative. Even Trump allies, as The Washington Post reported late Tuesday, acknowledge the apparent futility of the effort. Others have reasoned that there’s no harm in going through the motions, with one anonymous GOP official asking, “What’s the downside for humoring him” for a little while?

But as scenes in courtrooms nationwide in recent days have shown, there is indeed a downside for those tasked with pursuing these claims. Repeatedly now, they have been rebuked by judges for how thin their arguments have been.

The most famous scene came in Pennsylvania, where a Trump lawyer strained to avoid acknowledging that their people were, in fact, allowed to observe the vote-counting process in Philadelphia:

At the city’s federal courthouse on Thursday evening, attorneys for Trump asked a judge to issue an emergency order to stop the count, alleging that all Republican observers had been barred.
Under sharp questioning from Judge Paul S. Diamond, however, they conceded that Trump in fact had “a nonzero number of people in the room,” leaving Diamond audibly exasperated.
“I’m sorry, then what’s your problem?” asked Diamond, who was appointed to the federal bench by President George W. Bush. Denying Trump’s request, Diamond struck a deal for 60 observers from each party to be allowed inside.

At one point on Friday afternoon, 12 Republican observers and five Democrats were watching the count, according to a ballot counter who was working.
After that “nonzero” answer, Diamond pressed the Trump campaign lawyer to be more explicit — and he suggestively invoked their standing with the bar: “I’m asking you as a member of the bar of this court: Are people representing the plaintiffs in the room?” The lawyer responded more directly: “Yes.” By the end of the hearing, Diamond invoked his right to make sure lawyers in his courtroom acted in good faith.

Another Trump lawyer, Jonathan S. Goldstein, was also grilled by a Pennsylvania judge this week. Under questioning, he acknowledged that, contrary to Trump’s claims about rampant voter fraud, he wasn’t alleging fraud in the 592 ballots he sought to disqualify in Montgomery County, Pa.

Again, Trump’s lawyer strained to avoid directly answering the question but was ultimately forced to acknowledge it:

THE COURT: In your petition, which is right before me — and I read it several times — you don’t claim that any electors or the Board of the County were guilty of fraud, correct? That’s correct?

GOLDSTEIN: Your Honor, accusing people of fraud is a pretty big step. And it is rare that I call somebody a liar, and I am not calling the Board of the [Democratic National Committee] or anybody else involved in this a liar. Everybody is coming to this with good faith. The DNC is coming with good faith. We’re all just trying to get an election done. We think these were a mistake, but we think they are a fatal mistake, and these ballots ought not be counted.

THE COURT: I understand. I am asking you a specific question, and I am looking for a specific answer. Are you claiming that there is any fraud in connection with these 592 disputed ballots?

GOLDSTEIN: To my knowledge at present, no.
THE COURT: Are you claiming that there is any undue or improper influence upon the elector with respect to these 592 ballots?

The Trump campaign also sought to temporarily stop counting some ballots in Detroit. It cited a GOP poll watcher who had said she had been told by an unidentified person that late mail ballots were being predated to before Election Day, so they would be considered valid.

The judge repeatedly asserted this was hearsay, but Trump campaign lawyer Thor Hearne sought to argue that it wasn’t — despite it having been someone who said they heard about something they weren’t personally involved in. He pointed to a vague note the poll watcher produced — which said “entered receive date as 11/2/20 on 11/4/20” — as evidence:

STEPHENS: So I want to make sure I understand you. The affiant is not the person who had knowledge of this. Is that correct?

HEARNE: The affiant had direct firsthand knowledge of the communication with the elections inspector and the document they provided them.

STEPHENS: Okay, which is generally known as hearsay, right?

HEARNE: I would not think that’s hearsay, Your Honor. That’s firsthand personal knowledge by the affiant of what she physically observed. And we included an exhibit which is a physical copy of the note that she was provided.
The two later returned to the point, after Stephens reviewed the note, and Stephens echoed Judge Diamond’s exasperation:

STEPHENS: I’m still trying to understand why this isn’t hearsay.

HEARNE: Well, it’s, it, I –

STEPHENS: I absolutely understand what the affiant says she heard someone say to her. But the truth of the matter … that you’re going for was that there was an illegal act occurring. Because other than that I don’t know what its relevancy is.

HEARNE: Right. I would say, Your Honor, in terms of the hearsay point, this is a firsthand factual statement made by Ms. Connarn, and she has made that statement based on her own firsthand physical evidence and knowledge --
STEPHENS: “I heard somebody else say something.” Tell me why that’s not hearsay. Come on, now.

HEARNE: Well it’s a firsthand statement of her physical –

STEPHENS: It’s an out-of-court statement offered where the truth of the matter is [at-issue], right?
In a later written decision, Stephens slammed the argument as “inadmissible hearsay within hearsay.” And after the campaign appealed, Stephens rebuked it Monday for not including required documentation.

“I regret to inform you that your submission is defective,” Stephens said.

Another of the Trump team’s claims crumbled rather quickly in Georgia.

In Chatham County, as in Michigan, the Trump campaign cited supposed evidence that 53 late ballots may have been predated so they could be counted. Except two witnesses they called acknowledged under oath that they didn’t know whether the ballots were received after the deadline. And two others for the local board of elections testified that they were, in fact, received on time.

Judge James Bass dismissed the case in a one-sentence, eight-word ruling, saying, “I’m denying the request and dismissing the petition” and abruptly adjourned the hearing. He then elaborated in a written opinion, saying that “the Court finds that there is no evidence that the ballots referenced in the petition were received after 7:00 p.m. on election day, thereby making those ballots invalid. Additionally, there is no evidence that the Chatham County Board of Elections or the Chatham County Board of Registrars has failed to comply with the law.”

The common thread running through all of these is that Trump’s lawyers are regularly offering a significantly more watered-down version of Trump’s claims about rampant voter fraud — because they, unlike Trump, have to substantiate their claims. And as these exchanges show, it’s a rather thankless task that can quickly land them on a judge’s bad side.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... S7Wxk57-8k
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Antknot wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:39 pm Image
:lol:

We stole the fuck out of this

:lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:41 pm Trump lawyers suffer embarrassing rebukes blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.....................................................
seriously, does even one person ever read this stuff? :lol:

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Flumper wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:05 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:41 pm Trump lawyers suffer embarrassing rebukes blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.....................................................

Maybe you should, you might learn something.
wut?
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:05 pm

I did.
I blame Biker.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

I skip about 80% of the stuff on SFW, but only skip about 50% on GD. Hope this helps.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

THE COURT: I understand. I am asking you a specific question, and I am looking for a specific answer. Are you claiming that there is any fraud in connection with these 592 disputed ballots?

THE COURT: Are you claiming that there is any undue or improper influence upon the elector with respect to these 592 ballots?

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

During his decades in the real estate world, Donald Trump famously shortchanged many small businesses on the money he owed them. The list includes companies that worked on Trump’s properties or supplied him with chandeliers, pianos, marble, and other luxury touches. But Trump also tried to underpay the very same lawyers who helped him save money, and some ended up suing their former client.

As our own Hannah Levintova reported in March, the Atlantic City law firm of Levine Staller saved one of Trump’s companies tens of millions of dollars in taxes—and then sued the company, Trump Entertainment, after the business tried to pay Levine Staller $1.25 million less than the firm was owed.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... ued-trump/
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:21 pm THE COURT: I understand. I am asking you a specific question, and I am looking for a specific answer. Are you claiming that there is any fraud in connection with these 592 disputed ballots?

see, that is so much better. when someone filters out the bullshit and gets down to the meat and potatoes.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Well, she's understandably happy that we have a new black/asian president and that Joe Biden was able to steal the election.

what's news about that?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

They know deep down. They just cant say it-except on accident like she just did.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Amazing how Democrats were able to steal the general election without leaving a trace of evidence and yet weren't able to gain in the house and win back senate. Y'all a bunch of whining losers :lol:
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 pm Amazing how Democrats were able to steal the general election without leaving a trace of evidence and yet weren't able to gain in the house and win back senate. Y'all a bunch of whining losers :lol:
How many ballots only had Biden on them? 300,000 or so wasn't it?