Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by Antknot »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:14 pm Image
Tell me you dont really think that he meant that he literally worked on or invented the vaccines himself, right?

You understand that that clearly means his administration got vaccines in record time, right?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:29 pm
Tell me you dont really think that he meant that he literally worked on or invented the vaccines himself, right?

You understand that that clearly means his administration got vaccines in record time, right?
He says what he means right? You telling me The Chump Administration got the vaccines and not the pharmaceutical companies?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Still not actually true, the russkies and chicoms got there first, while the U.S., UK and Germany are about on a par. It'll most likely be the Oxford vaccine rolling out worldwide, because it doesn't require cryogenic storage.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Still not actually true, the russkies and chicoms got there first, while the U.S., UK and Germany are about on a par. It'll most likely be the Oxford vaccine rolling out worldwide, because it doesn't require cryogenic storage.
Neither does the Moderna vaccine.

Seems unlikely the Pfizer vaccine will go anywhere but first world countries with its shipping and storage requirements though. And probably only available at major hospitals that have cryo. Though it's probably coming out first and initially going to have the most doses.

P.S. And I wouldn't be at all surprised Chumpy is crediting himself as the sole reason the vaccines are coming out. That's the way narcissists think. And if things go bad, everyone else is at fault and it's fake news!
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I wouldn't be to keen to be the first to line up for the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine. Seems to be alot of controversy over their trial efficacy. Lot's of competition for this vaccine so who knows if its just bad mouthing
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:57 pm I wouldn't be to keen to be the first to line up for the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine. Seems to be alot of controversy over their trial efficacy. Lot's of competition for this vaccine so who knows if its just bad mouthing
wasn't that the one that they said had to go back and start over? I mean, not from the beginning, but they have to re-do something?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Rand Paul says Fauci owes parents and students an apology over pandemic measures

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) scolded Anthony Fauci in a tweet on Sunday, suggesting the nation's leading infectious disease expert apologize for his warnings about the danger the coronavirus poses to school-age children.

"Dr Fauci owes @RandPaul an apology," one of Paul's Twitter followers said.

Paul responded: "No, he owes one to every single parent and school-age child in America. I told him this multiple times this summer."

Fauci and Paul have clashed several times since the pandemic began, with the Kentucky Republican accusing Fauci of fear-mongering rhetoric and what he says is incorrect praise of so-called lockdown measures implemented to stem the spread of the virus.

“Dr. Fauci, every day we seem to hear from you things we can’t do. But when you’re asked, ‘Can we go back to school?’ I don’t hear much certitude at all. ‘Well, maybe.’ ‘It depends.’ Guess what? It’s rare for kids to transmit this. I don’t hear that coming from you. All I hear is, ‘We can’t do this, we can’t do that, we can’t play baseball,’ ” Paul said while demanding schools reopen during a Senate hearing in late June. “It’s important to realize that if society meekly submits to an expert and that expert is wrong, a great deal of harm may occur when we allow one man’s policy or one group of small men and women to be foisted on an entire nation."

Fauci responded to Paul at the hearing, saying he feels "very strongly we need to do whatever we can to get the children back to school."

During the early days of the pandemic, Fauci and other public health officials urged local school districts to consider all factors before deciding if it was safe to have children and teachers return to classrooms.

On Sunday, Fauci clarified his position on school closures amid a nationwide spike in coronavirus cases this fall.

"The default position should be to try as best as possible, within reason, to keep the children in school, to get them back to school," Fauci said on ABC's "This Week." "If you look at the data, the spread among children and from children is not very big at all, not like one would have suspected. So let's try to get the kids back. But let's try to mitigate the things that maintain and push the kind of community spread we are trying to avoid. And those are the things you know well. The bars, the restaurants ... those are the things that drive the community spread. Not the schools."
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:07 pm
Rand Paul says Fauci owes parents and students an apology over pandemic measures

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) scolded Anthony Fauci in a tweet on Sunday, suggesting the nation's leading infectious disease expert apologize for his warnings about the danger the coronavirus poses to school-age children.

"Dr Fauci owes @RandPaul an apology," one of Paul's Twitter followers said.

Paul responded: "No, he owes one to every single parent and school-age child in America. I told him this multiple times this summer."

Fauci and Paul have clashed several times since the pandemic began, with the Kentucky Republican accusing Fauci of fear-mongering rhetoric and what he says is incorrect praise of so-called lockdown measures implemented to stem the spread of the virus.

“Dr. Fauci, every day we seem to hear from you things we can’t do. But when you’re asked, ‘Can we go back to school?’ I don’t hear much certitude at all. ‘Well, maybe.’ ‘It depends.’ Guess what? It’s rare for kids to transmit this. I don’t hear that coming from you. All I hear is, ‘We can’t do this, we can’t do that, we can’t play baseball,’ ” Paul said while demanding schools reopen during a Senate hearing in late June. “It’s important to realize that if society meekly submits to an expert and that expert is wrong, a great deal of harm may occur when we allow one man’s policy or one group of small men and women to be foisted on an entire nation."

Fauci responded to Paul at the hearing, saying he feels "very strongly we need to do whatever we can to get the children back to school."

During the early days of the pandemic, Fauci and other public health officials urged local school districts to consider all factors before deciding if it was safe to have children and teachers return to classrooms.

On Sunday, Fauci clarified his position on school closures amid a nationwide spike in coronavirus cases this fall.

"The default position should be to try as best as possible, within reason, to keep the children in school, to get them back to school," Fauci said on ABC's "This Week." "If you look at the data, the spread among children and from children is not very big at all, not like one would have suspected. So let's try to get the kids back. But let's try to mitigate the things that maintain and push the kind of community spread we are trying to avoid. And those are the things you know well. The bars, the restaurants ... those are the things that drive the community spread. Not the schools."
Gee, isn't that the moron that got the plague because he didn't take it seriously, exposing others in the Senate?

Guess what, I don't give a fuck what he says.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:10 pm
Stapes wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:57 pm I wouldn't be to keen to be the first to line up for the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine. Seems to be alot of controversy over their trial efficacy. Lot's of competition for this vaccine so who knows if its just bad mouthing
wasn't that the one that they said had to go back and start over? I mean, not from the beginning, but they have to re-do something?
They gave doses that were far lower than planned to some of those that were tested.

What's really weird is the lower doses seemed to be more protective. They're trying to figure that out.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:49 pm
They gave doses that were far lower than planned to some of those that were tested.

What's really weird is the lower doses seemed to be more protective. They're trying to figure that out.
that seems like a pretty stupid mistake to make during a study of this magnitude. right?

i mean, if they learn something good from it, then mistakes in science often lead to results, but the point is how could they be in the middle of a study this important and get the dosage wrong?
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:01 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:49 pm

that seems like a pretty stupid mistake to make during a study of this magnitude. right?

i mean, if they learn something good from it, then mistakes in science often lead to results, but the point is how could they be in the middle of a study this important and get the dosage wrong?
Here's hoping it's not due to mistakes caused by speeding up the process. Though I'm sure regulators/monitors will be looking at that, being a common cause of errors.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:31 pm Image
damn.

Hammer? Meet nail.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:54 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:31 pm Image
damn.

Hammer? Meet nail.
Yep
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Two retards
I blame Biker.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Stapes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:03 amTwo retards
I wouldnt call you and Capt retards, just very ill-informed
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Its pretty amazing that the Moderna vaccine was created in just 2 days.
Dr. Graham said that after China released the genetic sequence of the new virus, the vaccine research center zeroed in on the gene for the virus’s spike protein and sent the data to Moderna in a Microsoft Word file. Moderna’s scientists had independently identified the same gene. Mr. Bancel said Moderna then plugged that data into its computers and came up with the design for an mRNA vaccine. The entire process took two days.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/21/us/p ... ccine.html
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

A NEW scheme is on the cards which could allow British holidaymakers to go abroad hassle-free with "vaccine stamps" added to passports.

The stamps, which would show that the holder had been given the vaccine, would be an internationally recognised stamp to allow entry to other countries.

The Department of Transport has put forward the suggestion for when international travel picks up again next year, according to The Telegraph.

Tory MP James Sunderland, who raised the need for passport vaccines to the Prime Minister, told the Telegraph that it was a "fantastic way" to allow people to travel freely.

He added: "We must do everything possible to boost the economy by re-opening our travel, hospitality, leisure and business sectors and how fantastic would it be to have our planes, trains and boats full again.

"A vaccination stamp is simple, would save all the hassle at either end and really boost confidence."

Vaccines minister Nadhim Zahawi said today: "We are looking at the technology."

“And, of course, a way of people being able to inform their GP that they have been vaccinated."

And he stressed that restaurants, bars, cinemas and sports venues might like to do the same.

He said: “I think that in many ways the pressure will come from both ways, from service providers who’ll say ‘look, demonstrate to us that you have been vaccinated’.

“But, also, we will make the technology as easy and accessible as possible.”

Asked if that meant people who did not have a vaccination would be severely restricted in what they could do, the minister said: “I think people have to make a decision.

“But, I think you’ll probably find many service providers will want to engage with this in the way they did with the app.”

Some airlines are already requiring a vaccination to allow passengers to board, such as Australian airline Qantas.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/1333560 ... -holidays/
wut?
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

DandyDon wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:35 am Its pretty amazing that the Moderna vaccine was created in just 2 days.
Dr. Graham said that after China released the genetic sequence of the new virus, the vaccine research center zeroed in on the gene for the virus’s spike protein and sent the data to Moderna in a Microsoft Word file. Moderna’s scientists had independently identified the same gene. Mr. Bancel said Moderna then plugged that data into its computers and came up with the design for an mRNA vaccine. The entire process took two days.
Um, you have a design, then you have to figure out how to manufacture the design. Not to mention test it when you make enough of it. So "creating it in 2 days" is "just" a slight exaggeration. ;)
Last edited by FSchmertz on Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

DandyDon wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:35 am Its pretty amazing that the Moderna vaccine was created in just 2 days.
AI solves 50-year-old science problem in ‘stunning advance’ that could dramatically change how we fight diseases, researchers say

For years, scientists have been struggling with the problem of “protein folding” – mapping the three-dimensional shapes of the proteins that are responsible for diseases from cancer to Covid-19.

Google’s Deepmind claims to have created an artificially intelligent program called “AlphaFold” that is able to solve those problems in a matter of days.

If it works, the solution has come “decades” before it was expected, according to experts, and could have transformative effects in the way diseases are treated.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 64008.html
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK