Re: Making the Varsity

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

BTW, I made the the Varsity, even in college (in Track and X-C, so not really a sport though). :lol:

P.S. I wasn't always an old fat fuck! ;)
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:39 am BTW, I made the the Varsity, even in college (in Track and X-C, so not really a sport though). :lol:

Are we having a nostalgia moment? I used to drive to the basket that made Jordan envious.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:15 am I used to drive to the basket that made Jordan envious.
Because you had to stand on the roof of a car to sink one. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:39 am BTW, I made the the Varsity, even in college (in Track and X-C, so not really a sport though). :lol:

I think that tag line is for Flumper, Cheezy and Smurph.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:19 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:15 am I used to drive to the basket that made Jordan envious.
Get out of my fantasy memories.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Can you really varsity at track / XC at the University of Hawaii- Enewetak Atoll Branch?
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:53 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:19 am
Get out of my fantasy memories.
Besides, it was Michelle Jordan. She was in 7th grade.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:58 am

Can you really varsity at track / XC at the University of Hawaii- Enewetak Atoll Branch?
Hey, making varsity there still counts! ;)
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Both my daughters played varsity fast pitch softball and my younger daughter ran cross-country. My younger asked me once what happened to my varsity jacket and I had to laugh because I was varsity pot smoker if anything.
wut?
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Wut wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:49 pm Both my daughters played varsity fast pitch softball and my younger daughter ran cross-country. My younger asked me once what happened to my varsity jacket and I had to laugh because I was varsity pot smoker if anything.
Never got one of those. That was for football players. And our football team sucked!

P.S. Kinda felt sorry for them, especially since some of them were the field guys for my track & field team.

For some reason, all the brainiacs did XC and distance running. Though I wasn't one of those. But it seems like everyone else became doctors and dentists! :)
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:22 am

Mid 40's 5'11" 185 here thank you very much! :evil:

And I was a natural shortstop in high school and college and could play 3rd, SS or 2nd. As the teammates got better (than me) though I settled comfortably into manning 2nd consistently. My arm strength and accuracy simply couldnt do the job that SS and 3rd required at the better level.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:01 am

And I was a natural shortstop in high school and college and could play 3rd, SS or 2nd. As the teammates got better (than me) though I settled comfortably into manning 2nd consistently. My arm strength and accuracy simply couldnt do the job that SS and 3rd required at the better level.
My inability to hit my weight, and I was a skinny kid, kept me from playing high school ball. But I was a force on the boards when it came to rebounding and that kept me in the starting lineup for high school basketball
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:01 am

No offense intended, dude. I just pulled 3 names out of a hat.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

I played futbol in my high school years and lettered for 3 of the 4 years. I was a central defender and my height got me on the team and starting squad.

One of my sons is taking a break from college is a "professional" wrestler, meaning he is in the lower circuits travelling hundreds of miles for low show pay. Still takes balls to do it and am very proud. My other son was a stud baseball player and was awarded first team all district and honorable mention all state. Had offers to play at small, private colleges but opted for the bigger, power five college experience. My daughter is about as athletic as a newborn deer