HomeBrew's Military thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: CQ's Military thread

Post by Animal »

because modern wars, the way we fight them, cost a gazillion dollars. There is no telling what that one "shock and awe" night of bombing cost in Iraq. Those freaking things are $$millions$$ each. And we have pretty much been at war somewhere since 1990.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:18 pm because modern wars, the way we fight them, cost a gazillion dollars. There is no telling what that one "shock and awe" night of bombing cost in Iraq. Those freaking things are $$millions$$ each. And we have pretty much been at war somewhere since 1990.
And a screwdriver costs them $300 bucks.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

You can't just have them sitting around with nothing to do.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

rule34 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:29 pm You can't just have them sitting around with nothing to do.
i don't know. the teachers are pretty much proving that is a financial gold mine for school districts around the country.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Yeah nobody really cares if I get my moneys worth for my eight grand in property taxes every year
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

rule34 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:29 pm You can't just have them sitting around with nothing to do.
That's kinda of my point. They actually would be sitting around the last 30 years with nothing to do (and we could drastically reduce) but these idiot Presidents we keep electing, with all that power at their fingertips, like a drug, they just can't resist. Clinton- Bosnia. W- both Iraq and Afghanistan (and we are still there almost 20 years later in both). Obama- Libya and Syria. It's just idiocy beyond recognition. And other than Afghan where we wanted to destroy Bin Laden's org because of 9/11, not a single one one of those has any importance to the security of the United States.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

another horrible summary by the horrible summarizer.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Charliesheen wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:58 pm Yeah nobody really cares if I get my moneys worth for my eight grand in property taxes every year
Complain about kids riding bikes on the sidewalks next.
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:06 am another horrible summary by the horrible summarizer.
We need jspdf to do a summary.
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Wut wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:09 am
Charliesheen wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:58 pm Yeah nobody really cares if I get my moneys worth for my eight grand in property taxes every year
I know a guy whose friend moved up here and bought a lakefront home that he tore down and put up a new modular home. The new homeowner immediately started making friends with the neighbor by complaining about a playset (swings and a slide) near the property line. The new guy hammered bright orange pins on the property line and started making noise complaints. So the neighbor went to the township for a permit to put up a privacy fence to block this asshole new guy. Turns out asshole new guys septic drain field is over the property line by ten feet. Gonna cost him a whole bunch of money to rework the septic system and he has to pull up his new blacktop driveway to do it. I laughed pretty hard at this.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:20 am
I know a guy whose friend moved up here and bought a lakefront home that he tore down and put up a new modular home. The new homeowner immediately started making friends with the neighbor by complaining about a playset (swings and a slide) near the property line. The new guy hammered bright orange pins on the property line and started making noise complaints. So the neighbor went to the township for a permit to put up a privacy fence to block this asshole new guy. Turns out asshole new guys septic drain field is over the property line by ten feet. Gonna cost him a whole bunch of money to rework the septic system and he has to pull up his new blacktop driveway to do it. I laughed pretty hard at this.
i have never known anyone to win by getting in a pissing match with a neighbor.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:06 am another horrible summary by the horrible summarizer.
I disagree. I consider my "summary" spot on, But, please tell us your opinion on the situation.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Bed bug infestation afflicts USS Connecticut, moored at Naval Base Kitsap-Bremerton

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/20 ... 937243002/
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Nah. I love seeing kids ride their bikes. I was on my own @ 6 years old. Rode as much as a 1/2 mile from my house. Got to be 4 or 5 miles by when I was 10. Once my dad was convinced I was careful @ intersections it was game on.

Nothing sweeter than seeing chalk art on my driveway. One of these wonderful neighborhood kids found my wallet and returned it with all the cash. Got her parent’s consent to host @ their back yard and bought a shit-ton of ice cream novelties and had a little party for all the kids on the street to celebrate honesty.

People too stoopid to think for themselves are what’s making me cranky. I’m workin on it.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:20 amTurns out asshole new guys septic drain field is over the property line by ten feet. Gonna cost him a whole bunch of money to rework the septic system and he has to pull up his new blacktop driveway to do it.
Isn't a code/building inspector supposed to catch this sort of stuff when they go to sign off on the permit?

I was watching some home contractor show (on YT?) where the contractor had to pull up the drain fields 3x! before the final inspector would sign off on it. The first two inspectors, according to the final inspector, "misinterpreted" the code or hadn't understood how the drain fields were supposed to be properly installed. Apparently words were sternly spoken at the county code office over the whole installation.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:31 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:20 amTurns out asshole new guys septic drain field is over the property line by ten feet. Gonna cost him a whole bunch of money to rework the septic system and he has to pull up his new blacktop driveway to do it.
Isn't a code/building inspector supposed to catch this sort of stuff when they go to sign off on the permit?

I was watching some home contractor show (on YT?) where the contractor had to pull up the drain fields 3x! before the final inspector would sign off on it. The first two inspectors, according to the final inspector, "misinterpreted" the code or hadn't understood how the drain fields were supposed to be properly installed. Apparently words were sternly spoken at the county code office over the whole installation.
It was an existing system from the torn down house and wasn't too old. The new house is bigger and is orientated differently. Something slipped through the cracks.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I blame Biker.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »