Where will Russell Wilson land?

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Where will Russell Wilson land?

Post by Reservoir Dog »

I really don't think Wilson is going anywhere, but...

Dallas: Forget it. It ain't never gonna happen.

Chicago: The Bears are only 3 million under the cap and they have zero draft capital. They would have to sell the farm. I just don't see it.

Raiders: The only team on the list that makes any sense (and could send a QB back to Seattle). They only have 14 million in cap space but could restructure a few contracts and cut a couple of vets. Sending Derek Carr to Seattle would give them 20 million towards Wilson.

Saints: The Saints are in a level of salary cap Hell never seen before. They are 63 million over the cap (no, that's not a typo). Even if Brees retires it's not going to save them. The Saints can't even think about going after Wilson.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

So now even the "play extending" QBs are crying about their Pass Protection? The only thing that separates the good QBs at this level is dealing with pressure.

As he gets older and slower, maybe he should work more on the mental part of the game...reading defenses, audibles at the line, getting rid of ball quick...you know the things slower QBs have to do to play in the NFL.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:51 pm So now even the "play extending" QBs are crying about their Pass Protection? The only thing that separates the good QBs at this level is dealing with pressure.

As he gets older and slower, maybe he should work more on the mental part of the game...reading defenses, audibles at the line, getting rid of ball quick...you know the things slower QBs have to do to play in the NFL.
The words "pass protection" and "Seattle Seahawks" should never be used in the same sentence. There's a reason Russell Wilson spends most of his time running around. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Short QBs pretty much have to be mobile, they can't see the receivers over their OL otherwise.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

He most likely plays one more year in Seattle, moving him puts dead cap money on Seattle of like 39 mil, it just makes no sense.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Take Dallas off the list. Dak got 4 year $160 million contract.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:42 pm Take Dallas off the list. Dak got 4 year $160 million contract.
Crazy. :roll:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:50 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:42 pm Take Dallas off the list. Dak got 4 year $160 million contract.
It is really crazy. He is just right behind Patrick Mahomes. And Dak really hasn't done much. He was a third round draft pick. And he has only won 1 playoff game. He's only been in 3 playoff games, which means he only made the playoffs twice out of 5 years. And when you are in the division that Dallas is in, that's not saying much at all. That is an average performance at the very best. Not 2nd to Patrick Mahomes.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:04 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:50 pm
It is really crazy. He is just right behind Patrick Mahomes. And Dak really hasn't done much. He was a third round draft pick. And he has only won 1 playoff game. He's only been in 3 playoff games, which means he only made the playoffs twice out of 5 years. And when you are in the division that Dallas is in, that's not saying much at all. That is an average performance at the very best. Not 2nd to Patrick Mahomes.
And he's coming off a horrific ankle injury.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

the $160 million that Jerry Jones is going to pay Dak over the next 4 years is more $$$ than he paid to buy the Dallas Cowboys in 1989.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Smok44 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:16 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:30 am the $160 million that Jerry Jones is going to pay Dak over the next 4 years is more $$$ than he paid to buy the Dallas Cowboys in 1989.
Jones is nuts paying Prescott that money. He just killed his playoff chances for the next four years. He's nowhere near an elite QB and they need more help than a QB. Congrats on winning a weak division and 1 and out in the playoffs.
what little bit of shiney Dak and Zeke and then Amari had when they first signed, seems to have worn off.

I heard that Texas Tech mailed Patrick Mahomes and his wife a scholarship offer for their daughter to play soccer in college.

I think their daughter is less than week old.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

the niners would happily take him
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

pork wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:58 pm the niners would happily take him
There's no way in Hell the Seahawks would trade Wilson to a division rival and then have to play against him twice a year. That would be madness.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

sherman was a great fit. willson would be just right in our offense.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Smok44 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:53 pm So the Bears were told they can't have Wilson so the pivot and give Andy Dalton a one-year, $10 million deal, with the chance to earn another $3 million in incentives. Oh to be a Bears fan! :lol:
Try being a Redskins fan. :lol:
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Smok44 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:17 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:57 pm
Smok44 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:53 pm So the Bears were told they can't have Wilson so the pivot and give Andy Dalton a one-year, $10 million deal, with the chance to earn another $3 million in incentives. Oh to be a Bears fan! :lol:
Good luck on the Fitz train. Sky high one week, in the shitter the next
I can see why they did it. They need a QB but they have a shitty draft spot and no draft capital to move up. Plus, they got him cheap.
At least they didn't go out and get Dalton. :lol:
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:45 pm
Smok44 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:17 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:57 pm
Good luck on the Fitz train. Sky high one week, in the shitter the next
I can see why they did it. They need a QB but they have a shitty draft spot and no draft capital to move up. Plus, they got him cheap.
At least they didn't go out and get Dalton. :lol:
Fitzmagic or Fitztragic, you never know which you'll get in any given game. ;)
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Where will he land? On top of Ciara! Hey oh!!1!

For the record: yes, yes I would.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."