What will you be doing with your $1400 stimulus money?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Zerobeat
Forum God

Re: What will you be doing with your $1400 stimulus money?

Post by Zerobeat »

If I received the payment, it's going in with the last one to pay off the wife's headstone. I'd like to get it set before mother's day, and I think I'm going to get screwed out of her life insurance policy, so I'm not waiting any longer to pay it off.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

im sorry to hear about your wife...i assume she passed from the post. hope you are ok
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:10 pm Did anyone here actually even need the money?
Need the money? No, but we're not refusing it. The freezer drawer of our fridge fritzed out Tues evening. We're looking for a replacement unit about the same size (not much space for a huge one, and we're only two people), and that's going to pay for it. We could pay for it on our own, but this puts the money back out in the local economy like it's supposed to, and lets us pay for the bathroom re-do.

Same with my son, he's got tons of money saved, but he's a college student working at a theme park, and that money represents his half the rent for two months. Which is exactly what he's going to use it for.

I was rather surprised that these checks weren't limited to those trying to live off unemployment or were without jobs. Florida has a truly fucked assistance program, it was designed that way by our former lizard man governor Rick "Skeletor" Scott, and hasn't been improved one bit by our current Gov Ron "DeathSantis" Desantis aka "TrumpLite". He of the mouth surgically altered to fit exactly to Donald's anus. Lots of kerfuffle and blame, FL legislature has not lifted a single finger to fix it. But our local economy in based in great part on very low paying service jobs with few if any benefits and zero job security. A lot of those people lost their jobs during the vague shutdowns we had, and many are being passed over for rehire now that those once empty jobs are starting to open up again. Those people needed and still need that UE assistance, and many got little to none of it, from a system that was mindfully designed to keep them getting any. There's money to be made from debt, and these people are fueling that debt industry. The worst that happens with these folks is that their guvmint checks will go to debt collectors.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Zerobeat
Forum God

Post by Zerobeat »

pork wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:23 pm im sorry to hear about your wife...i assume she passed from the post. hope you are ok
She did, November 13 (a Friday, of course!). It has taken a while, but I'm adjusting, and dealing with the normal issues that accompany these things. Thank you for your condolence.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Zerobeat wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:46 pm If I received the payment, it's going in with the last one to pay off the wife's headstone. I'd like to get it set before mother's day, and I think I'm going to get screwed out of her life insurance policy, so I'm not waiting any longer to pay it off.
Sorry for your loss. Hope everything works out for you with the headstone.

Why would you get screwed over for the life insurance?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Zerobeat
Forum God

Post by Zerobeat »

disco.moon wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:52 pm
Zerobeat wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:48 pm
pork wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:23 pm im sorry to hear about your wife...i assume she passed from the post. hope you are ok
She did, November 13 (a Friday, of course!). It has taken a while, but I'm adjusting, and dealing with the normal issues that accompany these things. Thank you for your condolence.
I'm sorry about your wife, that must be so tough. E-hug. <3
Thank you. It's been different. We were together 28 years, married for 25, so this is like a whole new life. Not one I particularly desired, but we deal with what we are given.
Zerobeat
Forum God

Post by Zerobeat »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:09 pm
Zerobeat wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:46 pm If I received the payment, it's going in with the last one to pay off the wife's headstone. I'd like to get it set before mother's day, and I think I'm going to get screwed out of her life insurance policy, so I'm not waiting any longer to pay it off.

Thank you. The headstone issue will be fine. I have savings to cover it without putting me in any financial jeopardy, just figured I'd use part of the policy to pay for the rest, while putting back what I already used to cover the funeral expenses.

The reason I think I may be getting screwed over is kind of complicated, and I may be worrying about nothing. I submitted the required paperwork to her former employer (who had kept her insurances active while she was off, as she had planned to return), after they had given me the forms and her eligibility papers. That was early December. I called the employer, who promised to look into it early in the week. No word. Called the Insurance Co. to check on the status of the claim, the automated system cannot find record of the wife's account. I have to call next week to speak with a human, but I just don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling about all this. Other than this matter, her employer was great with checking on her, and keeping her coverages up. I honestly cannot complain about any of that, and it is exactly how a company should treat employee's. I hope I'm just being a little paranoid.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Zerobeat wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:36 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:09 pm

Thank you. The headstone issue will be fine. I have savings to cover it without putting me in any financial jeopardy, just figured I'd use part of the policy to pay for the rest, while putting back what I already used to cover the funeral expenses.

The reason I think I may be getting screwed over is kind of complicated, and I may be worrying about nothing. I submitted the required paperwork to her former employer (who had kept her insurances active while she was off, as she had planned to return), after they had given me the forms and her eligibility papers. That was early December. I called the employer, who promised to look into it early in the week. No word. Called the Insurance Co. to check on the status of the claim, the automated system cannot find record of the wife's account. I have to call next week to speak with a human, but I just don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling about all this. Other than this matter, her employer was great with checking on her, and keeping her coverages up. I honestly cannot complain about any of that, and it is exactly how a company should treat employee's. I hope I'm just being a little paranoid.
i hope like hell you are worrying about nothing. but if anything weird happens or anything that gives you further concern that something might be wrong, say something. That would be complete bullshit. I can't think of a single reason why her employer would have cancelled an insurance policy simply because things were turning for the worse. The employer wouldn't get any money for cancelling it. The only thing would be if they skipped a payment and that put it into default, which would be a legal matter, if i was you. there would have to be some kind of written contract with instructions for notification from the company to your wife if they had any reason to either cancel or stop payment on the policy.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

disco.moon wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:55 am
Animal wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:02 am
Blast wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:13 amTools.
i agree. they sound like a bunch of ungrateful fucks, right?
:buttshake:
:popcorn: :gotpics:
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Blast wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:58 am
disco.moon wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:55 am
:buttshake:
:popcorn: :gotpics:
Thanks for breaking the spell. I've been staring at her wobbly turd cutter ever since she mooned us.... :lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

It baffles me how $1400 can make a difference to anyone.
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

My condolences Mr Zerobeat. I'm glad you are adjusting. I've never been married but I can only imagine losing a spouse is horrible.

I still think we are just in an extra 3 months of 2020. My brother's (that passed) girlfriend passed away mid March. A cancer she had years ago came back and I don't think she even knew it. Doctors think it came back 5 years ago. She hadn't been taking care of herself since my brother passed, down to 96 pounds. Son took her to the hospital and they found the cancer. It had spread to her brain and was growing around major blood vessels. Nothing they could do for her.

Then one of my cousins found a hard growth on her left hand. A recent biopsy showed it is an aggressive cancer. She got a CT scan this past week and thankfully it has not spread. She is scheduled for an amputation this coming Thu.

I'm trying to figure out how to suggest to her to get a cool robotic hand like Inspector Gadget. ;-)
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

fuck my man. i am really sorry to hear that. i hope it she didnt suffer. it cant be easy. i would be fucked up if i lost mine...my ex-wife on the other hand...now talk about the clouds disappearing
Zerobeat
Forum God

Post by Zerobeat »

nerd_alert wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:34 am
My condolences Mr Zerobeat. I'm glad you are adjusting. I've never been married but I can only imagine losing a spouse is horrible.

I still think we are just in an extra 3 months of 2020. My brother's (that passed) girlfriend passed away mid March. A cancer she had years ago came back and I don't think she even knew it. Doctors think it came back 5 years ago. She hadn't been taking care of herself since my brother passed, down to 96 pounds. Son took her to the hospital and they found the cancer. It had spread to her brain and was growing around major blood vessels. Nothing they could do for her.

Then one of my cousins found a hard growth on her left hand. A recent biopsy showed it is an aggressive cancer. She got a CT scan this past week and thankfully it has not spread. She is scheduled for an amputation this coming Thu.

I'm trying to figure out how to suggest to her to get a cool robotic hand like Inspector Gadget. ;-)
Thank you. I'm sorry to hear of the passings in your family, as well. Best of wishes for your cousin.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:58 am It baffles me how $1400 can make a difference to anyone.
Not enough people on this board have had the experience of being poor.
wut?
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

Blast wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:11 am
That too. I bought some tools. A new hammer, some tongs, a mandrel, a leather apron, coal, and 50 pounds of coke.
Also got a leaf spring pack from a 1 ton pickup. Hey DT! Wanna do a collaboration on a knife?
Sure.
I think the geographic issue might make it a pretty expensive knife.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Wut wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:23 am
JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:58 am It baffles me how $1400 can make a difference to anyone.
i have been poor and it fucking blows. this will sound shitty but being poor is a choice. i chose not to be.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

pork wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:46 pm
i have been poor and it fucking blows. this will sound shitty but being poor is a choice. i chose not to be.
I don’t see getting out of poverty being so easy.
wut?
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Wut wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:36 pm
no one said it was easy. as a matter of fact its super fucking hard. it was so hard for me i didnt know if the biproduct which was more than money was worth it. as i said i chose not to be poor and it was a lot of fucking working. its super easy to do nothing and not do the things to make a difference. i chose to grind it out and it certainly came with its own set of problems.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

pork wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:42 pm
no one said it was easy. as a matter of fact its super fucking hard. it was so hard for me i didnt know if the biproduct which was more than money was worth it. as i said i chose not to be poor and it was a lot of fucking working. its super easy to do nothing and not do the things to make a difference. i chose to grind it out and it certainly came with its own set of problems.
I still don’t see it as a choice. For some people, they have abilities that, if they put them to work, could do very well. I have friends like that, they chose to spend their time getting stoned and never went anywhere. They had a choice.

There are a lot of poor people born into poor neighborhoods with terrible schools and they may also be, to be direct, stupid too. They don’t have any tools to get them out of where they are. There’s not really much choice there.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:40 pm
I still don’t see it as a choice. For some people, they have abilities that, if they put them to work, could do very well. I have friends like that, they chose to spend their time getting stoned and never went anywhere. They had a choice.

There are a lot of poor people born into poor neighborhoods with terrible schools and they may also be, to be direct, stupid too. They don’t have any tools to get them out of where they are. There’s not really much choice there.
in my 25 years running my own business, i have never had one single person, employee, son, daughter, etc ever show any kind of interest in one day running it. There are opportunities all over the place for a person that is highly motivated and really REALLY wants to succeed. And no education is required.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Wut wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:40 pm

the only tool i had was me. i went to the worst schools in the county. i call bullshit on not having a choice. i know plenty of people that rose out of it. im not saying its easy or anyone can do it. what i am saying is that if you make getting a head as important as breathing you can do almost anything. i went bk in 2008, i lost everything i built for several reasons. i was a raging drunk on top of it. i had to piss in the sink at my house because they turned my water off and i had no power. i had no help and lost everything. i couldn't file unemployment because i was always self employed. i made a promise to me that i would never be in that position again and here i am.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

I still haven't got mine yet.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I'm assuming I have mine, no way to check
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk