Anyone happen to know the nc state coding law (UPDATE SOLVED)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

megman
Nanook of the North

Re: Anyone happen to know the nc state coding law

Post by megman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:37 pm
megman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:18 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 pm
woohooguy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:17 pm
disco.moon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:12 pm You're welcome unless you wanna gripe at me for making a shitty joke lolz
She's having a field day here.
dm's been a roll for weeks/ months :lol:
You're home way too early to post your 2 cents.
I don't even know what that means
"We" know...
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

QillerDaemon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:35 pm I'm in a vaguely similar situation. I live in an ancient neighborhood, we all have septic tanks except in the really newer sections near major roads. We're also in the county, not any city, so we're all grandfathered in. There are threats that if Orlando ever tries to annex our area, they'll pretty much immediately run sewer lines and require us to connect, they don't allow septic tanks except in very special cases. By the way, many of the older septic tanks are little more than concrete boxes with virtually no drain fields, and even older houses use septic cisterns, basically a lined hole in the ground with a lid on top, almost a latrine.

Anyway, damn are building codes hard to read! But I found this "Any building foundation 5 feet" from this site for a wastewater services company in West End NC. But I bet the local city or county code is going to distinguish other factors besides distance from foundation that may play on that simple statement of distance.
Yeah, I found that one. My hopes are that it's five feet. Ten would suck, but I can make due, but if its 20, we would have to build into the living room to make it work and that would suck enormous balls.
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:37 am
QillerDaemon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:35 pm I'm in a vaguely similar situation. I live in an ancient neighborhood, we all have septic tanks except in the really newer sections near major roads. We're also in the county, not any city, so we're all grandfathered in. There are threats that if Orlando ever tries to annex our area, they'll pretty much immediately run sewer lines and require us to connect, they don't allow septic tanks except in very special cases. By the way, many of the older septic tanks are little more than concrete boxes with virtually no drain fields, and even older houses use septic cisterns, basically a lined hole in the ground with a lid on top, almost a latrine.

Anyway, damn are building codes hard to read! But I found this "Any building foundation 5 feet" from this site for a wastewater services company in West End NC. But I bet the local city or county code is going to distinguish other factors besides distance from foundation that may play on that simple statement of distance.
Yeah, I found that one. My hopes are that it's five feet. Ten would suck, but I can make due, but if its 20, we would have to build into the living room to make it work and that would suck enormous balls.
Do it.

The living room is for living, the master bedroom suite is for BOW-CHIKA_WOW

After the septic is settled make sure you reinforce a header in the ceiling for the sex swing.
"stupid ass bitch ass bitch“
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:29 pm
megman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:17 pm I'm guessing the county by-laws are not what you wanted to hear....
It's not that. Its the codes I find are inconsistent or vague. And most of them state septic tank not lines or even field. The field sometimes says 20 feet, sometimes 10. I've even seen 5. And when I try to look on the county it's septic tank but not lines. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. And how big is the drain field considered past the drain lines. Do I measure from the field or line? I just want specifics so I'm not having to tear this down.
Well, here is the part that I am not understanding. The main sewer line coming out of your house starts at the foundation and then goes out to a tank and a drain field. So that line is at the foundation when it starts. So, having a distance that a foundation has to be from that line doesn't make sense. Now it does make sense to have a distance from the foundation to the tank or the leach field itself.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 pm
necronomous wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:29 pm
megman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:17 pm I'm guessing the county by-laws are not what you wanted to hear....
It's not that. Its the codes I find are inconsistent or vague. And most of them state septic tank not lines or even field. The field sometimes says 20 feet, sometimes 10. I've even seen 5. And when I try to look on the county it's septic tank but not lines. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. And how big is the drain field considered past the drain lines. Do I measure from the field or line? I just want specifics so I'm not having to tear this down.
Well, here is the part that I am not understanding. The main sewer line coming out of your house starts at the foundation and then goes out to a tank and a drain field. So that line is at the foundation when it starts. So, having a distance that a foundation has to be from that line doesn't make sense. Now it does make sense to have a distance from the foundation to the tank or the leach field itself.
The tank has to be at least 5 feet. I emailed the main person yesterday. He emailed back. He stated every part of the septic system must be at least 5 feet from the foundation. So thanks everyone for the help.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

pork wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:04 pm i would bet its specific to the county you live in. pretty simple to find out
This
Vitamin E
Forum God

Re: Anyone happen to know the nc state coding law (UPDATE SOLVED)

Post by Vitamin E »

Where's Biker?

He should take a break from banging cattle to bless us with his brilliance.