roquefort dressing

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

roquefort dressing

Post by jsdspif »

When was the last time (if ever) you have heard the term "roquefort dressing"? I remember my dad asking for it ,probably 45 years ago?Maybe 50 years ago. I didn't research it a whole lot. I use blue cheese dressing and for some reason ,the other night when I got the dressing out to use it "roquefort" popped into my head and it had been 45 to 50 years since I last remember hearing it. I think it may be like blue cheese but I did get a quick glimpse of a roquefort recipe that included worteschire (sp?) and garlic,I don't know if those would be in standard blue cheese. I don't recall ever seeing a bottle of roquefort dressing at a store. I don't know where we were at when my dad asked for it but it may have been on an airplane. I think it was back when airlines would serve you a salad with a whole boiled egg on top of it. On one flight when we got that my dad said "here's how to eat a hard boiled egg" and he popped it in his mouth and swallowed it,no chewing. I was around 8 and I went really hyper,because I was kind of hyper anyway. My mom was really embarassed and I remember as we got off the plane she was scolding my dad for that "stunt" and said "I'll never be able to fly that airline again".
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: roquefort dressing

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Roquefort is Blue cheese.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

I hear it improves New Jersey pizza.....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

megman wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:38 pm I hear it improves New Jersey pizza.....
Listen, you worry about your maple syrup and illegal 5th weed plant, and we’ll worry about the pizza.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Blue cheese improves anything.

(except W/CTC posts)
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:45 pm
Blue cheese improves anything.

(except W/CTC posts)
God himself couldn’t improve that fucker’s posts.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:44 pm Image

The litehouse brand I buy but I haven't seen the roquefort before. I don't remember if it's litehouse and or Marzetti has different "incarnations" of blue cheese dressings,chunky blue cheese,premium blue cheese etc. The other brand there (bob's?) I haven't ever seen that brand.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Isn't there a Bob's Big Boy restaurant chain?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

HighNDry wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 pm
Listen, you worry about your maple syrup and illegal 5th weed plant, and we’ll worry about the pizza.
:D
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Deal. But if they come for me I'm going Vegan on that 5th one. :mrgreen:
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

megman wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:19 pm
Deal. But if they come for me I'm going Vegan on that 5th one. :mrgreen:
LOL!
-Mitch Hedberg
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Antknot wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:51 pm Isn't there a Bob's Big Boy restaurant chain?
When was the last time you passed a bob's big boy?. I think they are down to a handful of restaurants all within 2 hours of my town. I remember them all over the place when I was a kid . I knew when we passed one even though my brothers were usually by the windows. I was always stuck in the middle or the back where there are no seats or windows, but my brother jason would always point them out if we passed them. I remember they had these big boy statues in front of the entrances. They were fun to climb on when waiting for a table. One time my brother john climbed high and fell off the serving platter onto his side. I think that is why we were not allowed to climb it anymore after that. Sometimes we would finish before our parents and go outside to wait. We would play hide and go seek instead of climbing on the big boy. I wanted to climb on the big boy but we couldn't because john fell that one time, or maybe the manager told my mom to keep us off it. I think it was because of john falling,maybe my mom used the manager as an decoy. My mom calls brother johan but we call him john or johnboy. I couldn't say johan but I remembered it was the same name as the guy on the smurfs. I read that the smurfs really appeared first in a johan comic. I remember thinking this made no sense to me because in america johan was defintely on the smurfs show. I guess they started in europe or maybe japan. Ive never been to either but they really like cartoons in japan. My mom didn't let us watch many cartoons. I really liked masters of the universe better than the smurfs.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:47 pm
Antknot wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:51 pm Isn't there a Bob's Big Boy restaurant chain?
When was the last time you passed a bob's big boy?. I think they are down to a handful of restaurants all within 2 hours of my town. I remember them all over the place when I was a kid . I knew when we passed one even though my brothers were usually by the windows. I was always stuck in the middle or the back where there are no seats or windows, but my brother jason would always point them out if we passed them. I remember they had these big boy statues in front of the entrances. They were fun to climb on when waiting for a table. One time my brother john climbed high and fell off the serving platter onto his side. I think that is why we were not allowed to climb it anymore after that. Sometimes we would finish before our parents and go outside to wait. We would play hide and go seek instead of climbing on the big boy. I wanted to climb on the big boy but we couldn't because john fell that one time, or maybe the manager told my mom to keep us off it. I think it was because of john falling,maybe my mom used the manager as an decoy. My mom calls brother johan but we call him john or johnboy. I couldn't say johan but I remembered it was the same name as the guy on the smurfs. I read that the smurfs really appeared first in a johan comic. I remember thinking this made no sense to me because in america johan was defintely on the smurfs show. I guess they started in europe or maybe japan. Ive never been to either but they really like cartoons in japan. My mom didn't let us watch many cartoons. I really liked masters of the universe better than the smurfs.
:D nice
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

There used to be a bunch around the Houston area, same chain and fat boy holding up the hamburger plate, but called Kip's instead Bob's in the 60's into the early 70's, when they all suddenly became Sambo's, and by the late 80's most of those converted into other brands like Denny's or just closed down. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Boy_Restaurants

Gawd! I loved Cracker Barrel when it first came out to the Houston area in the 80's, but now it's just all pre-packaged and re-heated glop now.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:47 pm
you left out "Jay Bird passes the stick".
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Anybody remember Bar Scheeze from Win Schuler’s?

They used to have a restaurant in Michigan off M94 iirc.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Charliesheen wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:46 pm Anybody remember Bar Scheeze from Win Schuler’s?

They used to have a restaurant in Michigan off M94 iirc.
I remember the Pussy Cat at Telegraph and 8 Mile. Hope this helps.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

i never could understand how you can bottle a cream and cheese based dressing and it wont go bad. fuck that.