Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:36 pm
Private school
Wow, you can read. Good for you.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:12 pm Image
aren't they going to finally admit today that wearing masks outside is stupid?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:17 pm
Funny how you cunts care so deeply about something that has zero effect on you. Such snowflakes.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:22 pm
Funny how you cunts care so deeply about something that has zero effect on you. Such snowflakes.
how does wearing a mask have an effect on you and zero effect on me?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:26 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:22 pm
how does wearing a mask have an effect on you and zero effect on me?
People are free to wear masks if they wish. You can have one of my old ones to wipe your tears away, whiny cunt.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

As the coronavirus pandemic recedes as a national public-health emergency, you might expect reactionaries to respond with the same relief and joy as the rest of us, perhaps — given their exaggerated loathing of any protective measures — more so. Yet, oddly enough, the mental torments it’s inflicting upon them persist. They are seeing a glimpse of a world in which the virus does not supply a daily theater for culture-war conflict. It does not suit them.

Here are two usefully frank specimens to analyze: Tucker Carlson’s monologue last night attacking outdoor masks as an affront, and Peter D’Abrosca’s tirade against the vaccine in American Greatness. While neither rant is typical of current conservative thinking about the pandemic, they are not so completely idiosyncratic as to represent nothing broader. More importantly, they both lay out their premises in unusually revealing fashion.

Carlson’s monologue expresses indignation that any person would wear a mask outside. His point is not merely that outdoor masking is unnecessary — here he would have a very plausible case — but that it is a personal affront, against which he urges his audience to respond aggressively. If you see a person on the street in a mask, he says, tell them to take it off. And if you see children playing outside in a mask, you should react with the same alarm as if you were witnessing cold abuse, and call the police.

D’Abrosca uses his column to proclaim that he is refusing to be vaccinated not only because he questions its medical basis, but also as a way to torment his political enemies. “My primary reason for refusing the vaccine is much simpler: I dislike the people who want me to take it, and it makes them mad when they hear about my refusal. That, in turn, makes me happy.”

We are all familiar with libertarian arguments against public-health measures. There is certainly a trade-off between an individual’s ability to, say, eat at a crowded restaurant or fly on a plane maskless and society’s interest in suppressing the pandemic.

But neither Carlson nor D’Abrosca are making a libertarian case. The obvious libertarian principle on masking is that everybody should choose their own level of protective comfort, and that parents should make their own decisions about their children’s safety. (Perhaps they want their kids to wear masks because kids aren’t good at remembering to stay out of each other’s faces or grasping the difference between high-risk crowded spaces and low-risk spaces.)

Carlson is making the case explicitly against individual choice. He wants his viewers to insert themselves into the choices made by others, even invoking the intervention of armed state agents if necessary.

D’Abrosca is even more explicit in his rejection of libertarianism:

Personal liberty is not the reason I’m avoiding it, either. I’m not a member of the “don’t tread on me” club. Though I don’t think mandated “vaccine passports” are a brilliant idea, my refusal to take the vaccine is not related to some perceived or real government overreach. I’m not here to take a principled stand against the federal or state governments on this issue. In fact, I’m saving my principled stands against the federal or state governments for issues that really matter, like strengthening libel laws so that lying journalists can finally be shipped off to Guantanamo Bay where they belong.

D’Abrosca at least recognizes that, while having a choice not to take the vaccine is a libertarian idea, exercising the choice is not. His authoritarianism is a matter of conviction. He wishes to reserve the powers of the government to suppress one’s political enemies.

It’s usually wise to avoid the temptation to pathologize opposing beliefs without first attempting to understand them on their own terms. In this case, however, the subjects are laying out their diagnosis in full public view. “I have decided that because the vile political Left, which I despise in the abstract, wants me to take their coveted vaccine, I simply will not,” writes D’Abrosca. “After the horrifying displeasure of meeting several of their militant COVID-19 restriction enforcers in person over the past year, I have become even more steadfast in my stance.”

He is turning down a completely free and convenient medical treatment that gives almost complete protection against a virus that makes even young people quite sick and which has long-term health effects of unknown scale and duration. Because he believes it distresses his political enemies. (For the record, speaking for myself, I feel bemusement and pity for D’Abrosca, but not anger.)

Carlson, for his part, is training his fans to think of outdoor mask-wearing as a form of aggression against which they must lash out. And the reason is that the sight causes him psychological distress. What they should tell people when demanding they remove their masks, he instructs, is, “Your mask is making me uncircumcized.”

In both cases, it’s not about their freedom. It is — by their own account — about their feelings.

And it’s especially strange that they should be experiencing these feelings as normal life is beginning to return. The pandemic was first a hoax by deep-state authorities to undermine Donald Trump’s reelection, and then it became an excuse to impose purposeless public-health restrictions. Throughout these two (mutually exclusive) phases of denial, disbelieving the medical threat was a way to order their social identities. At some level, they cannot stand to see the conflict end.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/04 ... enial.html
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Then there are these cunts

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

People who like to be comfortable in their own home are "cunts" What snowflakes republicans are
Biker

Post by Biker »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:58 pm People who like to be comfortable in their own home are "cunts" What snowflakes republicans are
No, theyre selfish cunts who condoned the lockdown nonsense and want it to continue, all because theyre comfortable in their own home. Fuck them and fuck you too, cunt
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

A bunch of folk will be keeping going with the work from home thing I expect. If you have just successfully done your job from home for a year with the new tools like zoom, why would you want to go back to a commute? Some jobs it's needed, many jobs it just isn't anymore, at least not every day. So long as the same work gets done, who cares?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:59 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:58 pm People who like to be comfortable in their own home are "cunts" What snowflakes republicans are
No, theyre selfish cunts who condoned the lockdown nonsense and want it to continue, all because theyre comfortable in their own home. Fuck them and fuck you too, cunt
They're free to feel that way, keep cryin' you little bitch
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:28 pm I just hacked Capt Stapes playlist

**Bonus: Check out this manlets lifted shoes :lol:
Too bad AIDS/HIV required butt/rough sex or transfusions or this could have been a 90s hit.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:10 pm

Too bad AIDS/HIV required butt/rough sex or transfusions or this could have been a 90s hit.
I feel for that poor kid's father. I can promise you he did not post that on his feed
Biker

Post by Biker »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

Biker wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:16 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:10 pm

I feel for that poor kid's father. I can promise you he did not post that on his feed
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Biker

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Xenophobic and racist Biden bans Indian travel
Biden bans most travel to U.S. from India
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 021-04-30/
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Are you trying to compare a Muslim ban with travel restrictions based on an out of control pandemic virus?
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:09 pm Are you trying to compare a Muslim ban with travel restrictions based on an out of control pandemic virus?
Are you trying to compare an Indian ban with travel restrictions based on out of control regional terrorism?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

necronomous wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:29 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:09 pm Are you trying to compare a Muslim ban with travel restrictions based on an out of control pandemic virus?
Are you trying to compare an Indian ban with travel restrictions based on out of control regional terrorism?
No, i'm talking about trumps Muslim ban, which was based on brown Muslim people being super scawy.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:32 pm
necronomous wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:29 pm
No, i'm talking about trumps Muslim ban, which was based on brown Muslim people being super scawy.
No I'm talking about Bidens Indian ban, which was based on brown Indian people being super scawy.