So let's talk satellite radio

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

So let's talk satellite radio

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Before I start researching Googling and shit, wonder if there are any comments, ideas suggestions, thoughts you may have on some alternatives. Backstory- have had Sirius for years $200+/yr. Boring AF. Like WooHoo mentioned months ago, like they have a 500 song playlist or something. Instead of just playing music, now they have their own "DJ's" for each popular station talking between each song and kinda defeating the whole fricking concept. (STFU and play music). I know Sirius and XM merged/ bought out out years ago. They have lost their way and don't seem concerned. Any other services that can compete? Remember where I live. Thanks for your time.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Re: So let's talk satellite radio

disco.moon wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:20 am Spotify. Pay for it you cheap ass. You can download music, quee (?) Music, make playlists.
Thanks for the suggestion. First time ever I've been called cheap ass. dm always surprises.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Lets not.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:13 am Before I start researching Googling and shit, wonder if there are any comments, ideas suggestions, thoughts you may have on some alternatives. Backstory- have had Sirius for years $200+/yr. Boring AF. Like WooHoo mentioned months ago, like they have a 500 song playlist or something. Instead of just playing music, now they have their own "DJ's" for each popular station talking between each song and kinda defeating the whole fricking concept. (STFU and play music). I know Sirius and XM merged/ bought out out years ago. They have lost their way and don't seem concerned. Any other services that can compete? Remember where I live. Thanks for your time.
Like Disco said, stream Spotify or download whatever from there. If you just want to keep XM/Sirius but want to cut cost, call them and tell them that you are thinking about cancelling. They will cut the shit out of the service fee.
theclap
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by theclap »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:08 am
disco.moon wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:20 am Spotify. Pay for it you cheap ass. You can download music, quee (?) Music, make playlists.
Thanks for the suggestion. First time ever I've been called cheap ass. dm always surprises.
What about 'Broke ass Honky'. Sound more familiar?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Whackov wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:04 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:13 am Before I start researching Googling and shit, wonder if there are any comments, ideas suggestions, thoughts you may have on some alternatives. Backstory- have had Sirius for years $200+/yr. Boring AF. Like WooHoo mentioned months ago, like they have a 500 song playlist or something. Instead of just playing music, now they have their own "DJ's" for each popular station talking between each song and kinda defeating the whole fricking concept. (STFU and play music). I know Sirius and XM merged/ bought out out years ago. They have lost their way and don't seem concerned. Any other services that can compete? Remember where I live. Thanks for your time.
Like Disco said, stream Spotify or download whatever from there. If you just want to keep XM/Sirius but want to cut cost, call them and tell them that you are thinking about cancelling. They will cut the shit out of the service fee.
Thanks. I'll check out Spotify (not sure how to get that in my car but I'll research). I want to get rid of Sirius outright. It's not the cost but the whole product is stale af. Used to be pretty awesome.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:33 pm
Thanks. I'll check out Spotify (not sure how to get that in my car but I'll research). I want to get rid of Sirius outright. It's not the cost but the whole product is stale af. Used to be pretty awesome.
Ever heard of something called a "Smartphone"? It's the latest thing. You should check it out.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:42 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:33 pm
Ever heard of something called a "Smartphone"? It's the latest thing. You should check it out.
Don't tell him to use the bluetooth on his phone to stream..... It will be a 100 pages
I blame Biker.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

disco.moon wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:14 pm Bluetooth to the car's stereo bb. I only listen to stuff I like anymore. I have so many playlists and I follow lots too. I listen to probably 6 hours of music a day at least, so I ain't got time for people talking or having to sit through a song or genre of music I don't like.
Thanks. This is what I need to research. So, what kind of song list/ format does Spotify have? And what are their monthly/ annual fee?
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

disco.moon wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:14 pm Bluetooth to the car's stereo bb. I only listen to stuff I like anymore. I have so many playlists and I follow lots too. I listen to probably 6 hours of music a day at least, so I ain't got time for people talking or having to sit through a song or genre of music I don't like.
I think we are all making the mistake of assuming he would have a vehicle that would be modern enough to have Bluetooth capabilities. Im thinking am/fm with a cassette deck
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:56 pm
I think we are all making the mistake of assuming he would have a vehicle that would be modern enough to have Bluetooth capabilities. Im thinking am/fm with a cassette deck
Well if that google streetview screenshot was accurate a 1993 Silverado does indeed have AM/FM radio and a cassette tape deck
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

So, looks like individual package is $10 per month with first 3 months free. Have to check out the Spotify connection in my car first. May be a no go though with having to use my phone. The phone isn't the problem but the way I have Sirius set up right now is a 3 button (volume/ channel) where my eyes never leave the road. Not sure what my "Aux" function in my car will allow me do toward that. Will have to research. One thing I will never be- One of these RD/ PRH fricking idiots you see everyday/ left turn, blinker, straddling 2 lanes, blocking traffic because you know, they are doing something dumbass with their phones.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

disco.moon wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:14 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:51 pm
Thanks. This is what I need to research. So, what kind of song list/ format does Spotify have? And what are their monthly/ annual fee?
I think it's like 10 bucks a month. You can follow playlists based on artists, listen to full albums, download, etc., all without commercials or djs.
That's almost half what I'm paying for Sirius for their bare basic package. Sounding good.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

I had Sirius a while before Howard moved over there, before they merged with XM. I loved their old lineup, they used to have a lot of weird and different channels. Then after the merger, a bunch of channels disappeared. The big missing channel for me was the Book Channel, where they played lots of audio books, sort of like Audible which is where a lot of the content came from. Boom! gone. Many of the odd music channels were deleted, then they started adding channels for music I didn't really care for. Even the channels they did keep started to become sanitized. Howard and the small handful of channels I listened to just didn't hold my attention anymore, and I quit.

My corporate Prius has a Sirius/XM radio in it, and occasionally it plays actual channels, I guess in a way to encourage people to sub. When that happens, it's just sort of sad what I hear now. I usually just listen to a local talk radio (104.1) and to the local NPR station to catch up on recent liberal talking points. Clear Channel/IHeartMedia has just simply gutted good music radio.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

He has a 1999 Ford Taurus.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:59 pm
Well if that google streetview screenshot was accurate a 1993 Silverado does indeed have AM/FM radio and a cassette tape deck
He couldn't even buy a TV with Bluetooth without fucking it up. :lol:
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:11 pm
He has a 1999 Ford Taurus.
Fancy

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:07 pm I had Sirius a while before Howard moved over there, before they merged with XM. I loved their old lineup, they used to have a lot of weird and different channels. Then after the merger, a bunch of channels disappeared. The big missing channel for me was the Book Channel, where they played lots of audio books, sort of like Audible which is where a lot of the content came from. Boom! gone. Many of the odd music channels were deleted, then they started adding channels for music I didn't really care for. Even the channels they did keep started to become sanitized. Howard and the small handful of channels I listened to just didn't hold my attention anymore, and I quit.

My corporate Prius has a Sirius/XM radio in it, and occasionally it plays actual channels, I guess in a way to encourage people to sub. When that happens, it's just sort of sad what I hear now. I usually just listen to a local talk radio (104.1) and to the local NPR station to catch up on recent liberal talking points. Clear Channel/IHeartMedia has just simply gutted good music radio.
It's the reason I started this thread. It's just stale AF. Looking at Spotify, sounds all good coming from most UJR's who cruise around under the 5G umbrella. Nobody sees the overall picture or issues outside that. I live in one of the few areas left where once you get away from the Interstate or major highways, there is no 5,4,3,2 G areas. There is no cell phone service period. Spotify is useless. Sirius comes through everywhere. Well, except for under trees and ATM roofs.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

It actually has benefits here. A lot less RD/ PRH idiots clogging the roads because they can't be separated from their phones coverage for 5 minutes. You know the type.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:23 am It actually has benefits here. A lot less RD/ PRH idiots clogging the roads because they can't be separated from their phones coverage for 5 minutes. You know the type.
I don't have data on my phone, you retarded twat! :lol:
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:43 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:23 am It actually has benefits here. A lot less RD/ PRH idiots clogging the roads because they can't be separated from their phones coverage for 5 minutes. You know the type.
What "data" are you referring to? Or do you just post blindly hoping crap sticks.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Idiot Texan doesn't know how phones work
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:53 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:43 am
What "data" are you referring to? Or do you just post blindly hoping crap sticks.
Fuck, you're stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol: