Jay Williams congratulates Ime Udoka as Celtics first black coach

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Animal
The Great Pretender

Jay Williams congratulates Ime Udoka as Celtics first black coach

Post by Animal »

Jay Williams (broadcaster for ESPN) congratulates Ime Udoka as Celtics' 'first head coach of color'. "The first head coach of color for the @celtics … & even more importantly … he is one talented individual who has paid his dues," Williams’ tweet read.

Hang on.....

Doc Rivers was the coach before Stevens and led the Celtics to an NBA championship in 2008. M.L. Carr coached Boston for two seasons from 1995 to 1997. K.C. Jones was Boston’s head coach from 1983 to 1988 and won two titles with the team. Tom Sanders served as an interim coach for Boston after Tommy Heinsohn. The legendary Bill Russell was also the coach from 1966 to 1969 and won two titles coaching.

He's actually the 6th coach of color for the Celtics.

Williams later deleted the tweet and said that he was hacked.

Honestly, if you were a hacker and smart enough to hack into someone's twitter account, would this be the type of thing you would do with that skill set? Tweet out an error?

pork
Grouchy old fart.

Re: Jay Williams congratulates Ime Udoka as Celtics first black coach

Post by pork »

wasnt bill russell the first black coach for them?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

pork wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:17 pm wasnt bill russell the first black coach for them?
yep.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Animal wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:50 pm
pork wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:17 pm wasnt bill russell the first black coach for them?
yep.
i used to play golf with him regularly. hes a super nice man. his clubs are like a foot longer than mine. most infectious laugh i have ever heard