Re: Post nothing for good reason (NSFW)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:25 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:23 pm
Biker wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:20 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:12 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:09 pm damn, do you have to buy a new pot every time you make a batch of that shit?
Looks like he caramelized the onions in the same pot he made the soup in.
Thats what you do, dippy
Not if you know what you're doing.
So you caramelize in a separate pot and leave the good stuff on the bottom? Yeah, great job :lol:
You clearly have no idea how to make French onion soup properly. Enjoy your slop.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:30 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:09 pm damn, do you have to buy a new pot every time you make a batch of that shit?
Thats what you do, dippy
So you caramelize in a separate pot and leave the good stuff on the bottom? Yeah, great job :lol:
You clearly have no idea how to make French onion soup properly. Enjoy your slop.
You clearly have never cooked before, at least not above a Capt level. Taking caramelized onions into a new pot is perhaps the dumbest thing I've heard.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:34 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:30 pm

Thats what you do, dippy
You clearly have never cooked before, at least not above a Capt level. Taking caramelized onions into a new pot is perhaps the dumbest thing I've heard.
Enjoy your bread soup, dude.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

HighNDry wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:30 pm Sounds like Dr Suess:

In the bowl, not in the pot!
Learn to cook, you silly twat!
:lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I freely admit I've never made French Onion soup before but not using the fond after carmelizing the onions seems counter-intuitive.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:05 pm I freely admit I've never made French Onion soup before but not using the fond after carmelizing the onions seems counter-intuitive.
Of course, you use the fond. But you caramelize in a separate pot. Otherwise, you risk adding bitterness to the soup.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:11 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:05 pm I freely admit I've never made French Onion soup before but not using the fond after carmelizing the onions seems counter-intuitive.
Of course, you use the fond. But you caramelize in a separate pot. Otherwise, you risk adding bitterness to the soup.
There will not be one credible recipe that uses a separate pot. Why would you want to take the goodness from the caramelization process out of the soup? Literally not one credible chef does that
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:14 pm
There will not be one credible recipe that uses a separate pot. Why would you want to take the goodness from the caramelization process out of the soup? Literally not one credible chef does that
Properly caramelizing onions for French onion soup takes a bare minimum of 2 hrs. (I usually take 3) While you're caramelizing the onions in one pot you are putting together your soup in another pot.
Go back and look at your picture. All that hard crusty gunk on the side of the pot should not be in the soup. That gunk creates bitterness.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:32 pm
Properly caramelizing onions for French onion soup takes a bare minimum of 2 hrs. (I usually take 3) While you're caramelizing the onions in one pot you are putting together your soup in another pot.
Go back and look at your picture. All that hard crusty gunk on the side of the pot should not be in the soup. That gunk creates bitterness.

Sure thing, chief. And go ahead and place the soup and bread in single bowls and let the cheese melt for 20 minutes and then you broil to finish. Just be sure to hand your guests some gloves so they wont suffer third degree burns, assuming the integrity of the bowl survives the heating and broiling process
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:39 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:32 pm

Sure thing, chief. And go ahead and place the soup and bread in single bowls and let the cheese melt for 20 minutes and then you broil to finish. Just be sure to hand your guests some gloves so they wont suffer third degree burns, assuming the integrity of the bowl survives the heating and broiling process
Okay... now you're just being stupid. :roll:
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Got the new motor for my Briggs standby generator. Still waiting for the automatic transfer switch that's been on backorder since April.

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Biker

Post by Biker »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:28 pm Got the new motor for my Briggs standby generator. Still waiting for the automatic transfer switch that's been on backorder since April.

Lotta confidence in that grid there, eh? 😂
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Biker wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:28 am
CaptQuint wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:28 pm Got the new motor for my Briggs standby generator. Still waiting for the automatic transfer switch that's been on backorder since April.

Lotta confidence in that grid there, eh? 😂
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

Doesn't seem like much engine for a standby generator? And automatic transfer? Have you already got a unit with a bad motor? When I had power ran to my pole barn I had them install a manual transfer switch and then outlet to plug my generator into out at the barn. I was "ignorant" about transfer switches and he said the switch it self was $500 (or something,may have been $700) I trusted the guy though and when they came to do the work I understood why the switch costs so much. It's huge and heavy duty. It would be nice to have an automatic one but mine works pretty well. I don't usually lose power. Mine is 3750 watt so it's like a 5 horsepower engine. It doesn't like to start worth a shit so I rigged up an old drill powered by a small 12 volt battery(that stays charged pretty much for ever) and use that to start the generator and that works great. Before I was just hitting it with starting fluid and then it would fire right up but I'd rather not do that.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

jsdspif wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:11 am Doesn't seem like much engine for a standby generator? And automatic transfer? Have you already got a unit with a bad motor? When I had power ran to my pole barn I had them install a manual transfer switch and then outlet to plug my generator into out at the barn. I was "ignorant" about transfer switches and he said the switch it self was $500 (or something,may have been $700) I trusted the guy though and when they came to do the work I understood why the switch costs so much. It's huge and heavy duty. It would be nice to have an automatic one but mine works pretty well. I don't usually lose power. Mine is 3750 watt so it's like a 5 horsepower engine. It doesn't like to start worth a shit so I rigged up an old drill powered by a small 12 volt battery(that stays charged pretty much for ever) and use that to start the generator and that works great. Before I was just hitting it with starting fluid and then it would fire right up but I'd rather not do that.
I got the generator with the bad motor off a job that we installed a new one. The transfer switch is $700. The motor is 810cc and 10 kilowatts. It will run the entire house if I don't push it too hard. Been here for a year and I don't think I lost power for more than 10 hours at a stretch. But ice storms are always a possibility and so are hurricanes. At my old place after Hurricane Sandy I had no power for 12 days.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
crash273
Forum Regular

Post by crash273 »

I had a Generac 22kw whole house generator last year. I am in the country so when we lose power we are last to get it back on. I have the auto transfer switch as well as the oil cooler and heater. Mine runs on propane cause that's what we have. Best investment ever. We lose power for an hour here and there all the time. Power transfer kicks on after 5 seconds and tranfers back once power has been restored for 30 seconds.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:42 pm Image
How do you get from prime rib to Tenderloin without NY Trip or T-bone? Fake meme.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Out with the old

In with the new

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Did you steal that chair cushion from my garage?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:44 pm Did you steal that chair cushion from my garage?
Do they sell them that dirty? I don't believe I've ever seen a cushion like that that wasn't just filthy.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

spudoc wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:51 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:44 pm Did you steal that chair cushion from my garage?
Do they sell them that dirty? I don't believe I've ever seen a cushion like that that wasn't just filthy.
They're outdoor cushions. Without a lot of bother trying to keep them clean, they start get all sorts of dirty and moldy. We replace ours every couple of years, relegating the old ones to the outdoor cats who love to sleep on them, and throw the previous round out.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。