HomeBrew's Military thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Re: CQ's Military thread

Post by QillerDaemon »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:00 am Came across $60,000 in trinkets and gifts Rickover received and never kept and his enemies forced his retirement.
Just asking, but "received and never kept" still means he received them, presumably against regulation. My company has a similar policy, I can receive no gifts of any substantial value (even a cheap pen with a logo is basically off-limits). Doesn't matter that I pass them off to a co-worker or my wife, give them to another client, or even just throw them in the garbage. To do any of that, the company figures I still had to have them in my hands at one time in possible exchange with some service to the company that gave me the gift. At the very least I'd be given a very stern lecture by my boss.

A man in his position is going to make enemies, so he shouldn't do anything that could be construed as violating policies like accepting gifts. Even if there wasn't a policy, nobody in his position is ever given a gift so freely. It's never really a gift, it's almost always a form of payment for something done or that will be done.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

B-17-29-52...
What if it was one guy with six guns?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

The got ugly

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Brigadier General William "Billy" Mitchell- US Army Air Service, visionary architect of future air power. After an intensive tour of the Far East and predicting war with Japan. " Pearl Harbor Hawaii is where the blow will be struck, on a fine, quite Sunday morning". Quoted October, 1924.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Attack Submarine USS Connecticut Suffers Underwater Collision in South China Sea

Almost a dozen sailors have been injured after a U.S. nuclear attack submarine hit an unknown underwater object in the South China Sea, USNI News has learned.

The Seawolf-class nuclear attack submarine USS Connecticut (SSN-22) suffered an underwater collision while operating in international waters on Oct. 2 and is returning to port in U.S. 7th Fleet, a U.S. Pacific Fleet spokesman confirmed to USNI News on Thursday.

“The Seawolf-class fast-attack submarine USS Connecticut (SSN-22) struck an object while submerged on the afternoon of Oct. 2, while operating in international waters in the Indo-Pacific region. The safety of the crew remains the Navy’s top priority. There are no life-threatening injuries,” Capt. Bill Clinton told USNI News.
“The submarine remains in a safe and stable condition. USS Connecticut’s nuclear propulsion plant and spaces were not affected and remain fully operational. The extent of damage to the remainder of the submarine is being assessed. The U.S. Navy has not requested assistance. The incident will be investigated.”

A defense official told USNI News about 11 sailors were hurt in the incident with moderate to minor injuries. The attack boat is now headed to Guam and is expected to pull in within the next day, the official said. The underwater strike occurred in the South China Sea and the attack boat has been making its way to Guam on the surface since Saturday, a defense official confirmed to USNI News.

The Naval Base Kitsap-Bremerton, Wash., based submarine deployed on May 27 for the Pacific, the Navy announced at the time. The service has released photographs of the submarine operating in the Western Pacific with port calls in Japan in late July and August. U.S. 7th Fleet commander Adm. Karl Thomas visited the submarine in August, according to the service.

Connecticut is one of three Sea Wolf-class boats, a late Cold War attack submarine designed to hunt the most complex Soviet submarines in deep blue water. Along with USS Sea Wolf (SSN-21) and USS Jimmy Carter (SSN-23), Connecticut is among the Navy’s most capable and sensitive attack boats.

The last known instance where a submerged U.S. submarine struck another underwater object was in 2005. Then, USS San Franciso (SSN -711) struck an underwater mountain at full speed near Guam. One sailor died in the incident.

The following is the complete Oct. 7 statement from Pacific Fleet.

The Seawolf-class fast-attack submarine USS Connecticut (SSN 22) struck an object while submerged on the afternoon of Oct. 2, while operating in international waters in the Indo-Pacific region. The safety of the crew remains the Navy’s top priority. There are no life-threatening injuries.

The submarine remains in a safe and stable condition. USS Connecticut’s nuclear propulsion plant and spaces were not affected and remain fully operational. The extent of damage to the remainder of the submarine is being assessed. The U.S. Navy has not requested assistance. The incident will be investigated.”

https://news.usni.org/2021/10/07/breaki ... in-pacific
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

FORMER ARMY CHIEF OF STAFF GEN. RAYMOND ODIERNO DIES

https://www.ausa.org/news/former-army-c ... ierno-dies
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:54 pm Image
Now THAT, is a suppressor.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

rule34 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:58 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:54 pm Image
Now THAT, is a suppressor.
Whisper quiet
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:39 pm Image
USS Cole/ Yemen?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:38 am
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:39 pm Image
USS Cole/ Yemen?
21 years ago today
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

is that video more centered in the screen on the link? my link is broken if i click it.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:49 am is that video more centered in the screen on the link? my link is broken if i click it.
It autoplays here on UJ on my laptop
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

The video is cropped on the bottom here on UJ. Reddits native player is weird
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:55 am The video is cropped on the bottom here on UJ. Reddits native player is weird
ah. that makes sense.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Jack Conger’s F4U Corsair taken from the bomb bay of a B-24. He is credited with shooting down ten aircraft and was awarded the Navy Cross for ramming a Japanese fighter with his Wildcat after he ran out of ammo over Guadalcanal.
What if it was one guy with six guns?