Geist's official movie/tv recommendation thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: Geist's official movie/tv recommendation thread

Post by FSchmertz »

Geist wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:54 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:42 am
Geist wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:20 pm I never really grasped the plot Eyes Wide Shut, at the time I was a middle schooler looking for movie channel boobs to fap to
There was no plot to EWS or any reason to look for one. The only thing to view was a young-ish hot Nicole Kidman wiping her kootch after taking a long pee kind of naked, then changing over to watch something else. I'm a huge Kubrick fan with so many of his films, but this is not one of them.
Yes, he's meticulous in his coming process, but it's that supposed to mean entertaining? 2001 Space Odyssey was a snoozefest
I partly think 2001 suffers due to "datedness."

What seemed to be "wow" moments at the time with current special effects is a yawn and B movieish to modern audiences.

P.S. And unlike the comment on "The Shining" about the book vs. the movie, I'd recommend reading Clarke's book if you want to understand what was going on in Kubrick's movie.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Finished Squid Games, and I can see why people don't like it. Watching Koreans act is like watching live action anime. Overall pretty good, the memes will see us through the holidays at least
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I blame Biker.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

Stapes wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:27 pm ?
[media]https://youtu.be/mqqft2x_Aa4[/media]
FFS another one? Just keep making the same movie over and over again and the same retards will keep paying to see it.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:07 am I have to wait until tomorrow night to watch Halloween Kills because my daughter wants to watch it with me. :|
My daughter is my Horror watching partner too. My wife can't stand horror or sci-fi. So that's our thing.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Is anybody going to go see the movie Dune? If you are it's definitely the kind of movie you need to see in a theater not on your TV. I went and saw in the 3D version and I thought that was pretty good that way also. I'm sure IMAX would be the best but I don't have one near me. If you're a Sci-Fi and special effects nerd this is a really good movie. A lot slower pace than say a Star Wars type movie but part one is staying pretty close to the book. I look forward to part 2.

On a side note I haven't been to a movie theater in almost 18 months and I can say the popcorn still sucks and the people behind the counter are still idiots.
I blame Biker.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Saw it in 1984. Not looking to revisit it.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

stonedmegman wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:18 am Saw it in 1984. Not looking to revisit it.
37 years is a long time to hold a grudge. :)
I blame Biker.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:56 am Is anybody going to go see the movie Dune? If you are it's definitely the kind of movie you need to see in a theater not on your TV. I went and saw in the 3D version and I thought that was pretty good that way also. I'm sure IMAX would be the best but I don't have one near me. If you're a Sci-Fi and special effects nerd this is a really good movie. A lot slower pace than say a Star Wars type movie but part one is staying pretty close to the book. I look forward to part 2.

On a side note I haven't been to a movie theater in almost 18 months and I can say the popcorn still sucks and the people behind the counter are still idiots.
I'm in. I consider "Dune" the novel as not only the best sci-fi book of all time, but one of the best of any genre. I for one thought the 1984 version was pretty damn good, considering the special effects available for the time and the impossibility of crunching that book's material down to a 2 hr whatever minute full length feature.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:07 am
Stapes wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:56 am Is anybody going to go see the movie Dune? If you are it's definitely the kind of movie you need to see in a theater not on your TV. I went and saw in the 3D version and I thought that was pretty good that way also. I'm sure IMAX would be the best but I don't have one near me. If you're a Sci-Fi and special effects nerd this is a really good movie. A lot slower pace than say a Star Wars type movie but part one is staying pretty close to the book. I look forward to part 2.

I'm in. I consider "Dune" the novel as not only the best sci-fi book of all time, but one of the best of any genre. I for one thought the 1984 version was pretty damn good, considering the special effects available for the time and the impossibility of crunching that book's material down to a 2 hr whatever minute full length feature.
The Foundation trilogy is 10X better.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Stapes wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:52 am
stonedmegman wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:18 am Saw it in 1984. Not looking to revisit it.
37 years is a long time to hold a grudge. :)
:lol:
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

I got the booster today for Moderna. If I feel alright I'll probably go to the biggest IMAX I've found for the matinee Sunday.

P.S. I noticed when I saw the newest Bond movie that the theaters are also being affected by the supply problems. They were out of some stuff.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

stonedmegman wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:10 am

Different kinds of books. I kind of felt Herbert was more into world building, almost fantasy. Azimov's books are always kinda science-y.

I liked both.

But one obscure Scifi book I loved was called "Armor." The guy never wrote another. I read Heinlein's Starship Troopers around the same time, and Armor blew it away, made Troopers look juvenile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor_(novel)
Last edited by FSchmertz on Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

stonedmegman wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:10 am

I'm just saying David Lynch had the "balls" to try to film the novel less than 20 years after it came out. Impossible in one full length 2:30 movie. I was most impressed with the casting. Throw out the other characters, but the dude from "Das Boot" Was Duke Leto, Paul with the hair and angular face Was Mau Dib and the actress playing Lady Jessica Was a super hot Milf 20 years before that was a thing.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

The Platform on Netflix is almost too gross to watch but you can't shut it off. Still trying to decide how I feel about it.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:43 am The Platform on Netflix is almost too gross to watch but you can't shut it off. Still trying to decide how I feel about it.
That was def a head trip of a movie
I blame Biker.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Stapes wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:45 am
Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:43 am The Platform on Netflix is almost too gross to watch but you can't shut it off. Still trying to decide how I feel about it.
That was def a head trip of a movie
One of the weirder ones I've seen in a while. I wish I took the English dub off and put subtitles on so I didn't have to look at the table and food as much. Shit was gross.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

The real reason why W/CTC likes Dune so much....

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:39 am The real reason why W/CTC likes Dune so much....

I may have laughed a little to hard at that one...
What if it was one guy with six guns?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Homebrew wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:24 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:39 am The real reason why W/CTC likes Dune so much....

Consider the source. RD for years has talked about "sucking cocks" and "draining balls". I think you see where the infatuation starts.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:11 pm
Homebrew wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:24 pm

Sting in a plastic Speedo... what's not to love? :sexualvlick:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

disco.moon wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:01 am Today I've watched two movies in which men are created; Edward Scissorhands and Rocky Horror 🎃
How does Edward Scissorhands wipe his ass? 🤔
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

disco.moon wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:05 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:04 am
disco.moon wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:01 am Today I've watched two movies in which men are created; Edward Scissorhands and Rocky Horror 🎃
How does Edward Scissorhands wipe his ass? 🤔
Um he doesn't have to eat, so he doesn't make poops.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGPewdEuw3s[/media]