How 'bout this one?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: How 'bout this one?

Post by Reservoir Dog »

megman wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:59 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:28 pm I have no idea when I joined and I don't care.
Ditto
I joined in 2008. I remember because it's when Obama won.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Son, you havent had problems until you have Benz problems. :lol:

Go with the Acura, or a Honda and save a few grand for the same vehicle.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

DandyDon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:38 pm Son, you havent had problems until you have Benz problems. :lol:

Go with the Acura, or a Honda and save a few grand for the same vehicle.
My oldest daughter has a Honda Pilot. Fantastic family car.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Biker wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:12 pm
And you werent there from 2003. I was, and you didnt come along to years later
This
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

Vehicles are the worse investment ...with a lease you invest money and get nothing in the end except the smell of new leather for couple years,buying you get something in the end or to pass down to somebody.Never buy new,you lose 15% value just leaving the show room. I always have luck with all the rich people around here--low miles just 3-5 years old and under street value--I always buy at broker price.Sometimes estate sale on barely used trucks and cars. if you're not mechanically inclined your're screwed,go the girly route and lease and get 'gap' insurance.
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

fouts wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:36 pm Vehicles are the worse investment ...with a lease you invest money and get nothing in the end except the smell of new leather for couple years,buying you get something in the end or to pass down to somebody.Never buy new,you lose 15% value just leaving the show room. I always have luck with all the rich people around here--low miles just 3-5 years old and under street value--I always buy at broker price.Sometimes estate sale on barely used trucks and cars. if you're not mechanically inclined your're screwed,go the girly route and lease and get 'gap' insurance.
Pretty much.. We live in a society so twisted and buttfucked into the mindset that the car you drive defines you as a person, and spending $40-50k these days on a new car or truck is commonplace. Not only is it a particularly awful investment, but that sum represents for a lot of people an entire year's wages. Sometimes that thought baffles me. I wonder, if they were to sit down and truly think about that for a minute or two, if they would so carelessly enter into this continued form of servitude just to roll around in some bulbous, unnecessarily luxurious and over-valued hunk of rapidly depreciating steel.

The fact is, if you believe that driving an expensive car makes you cool, well you're an idiot. I would argue that the only real justification I would accept for buying a new car is that for one, your home is 100% paid off, you have ZERO debt and have money flying out of your ass so fast you don't know what to do with it. Otherwise it just makes no sense at all. It continues to blow my mind that nowadays a pickup truck can run you $60-70k. If you told someone that even 20 years ago they would have likely laughed in your face. But idiots are literally lining up to buy them.. It used to be that to spend that kind of money on a vehicle meant you were buying a very high end luxury sedan or sports car. Not anymore. My idiot brother who just traded his $40k+ Rubicon in on a brand new Toyota Rav4 Hybrid is a great example of this moronic lifestyle. He paid a fortune for that glorified tractor and why? I have no idea. Does one need a $40k absurd off-road vehicle to get to work? What reasoning is there in the need for locking differentials? This bullshit Instagram Adventuring lifestyle society is enough to make me want to call up Putin and just beg him to drop the bomb and get it over with. We're just a bunch of mindless consumers, blindly bumbling about, buying billions of dollars worth of shit we don't need to keep the rich getting richer and insure we never really get anywhere at all..

Dumb.
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

i have a tenant ,38 yr old,just bought a new Ford 4x4 ,$38k it's nice,$38k nice-no. 5 years of payments is ugly no matter what it is. He wanted to buy the rental from me I said he won't qualify because of the debt he has,,he checked, he's approved for 1/2 the price of the property. Sad some people cannot see down the road 5-10 years. On the other hand,I don't mind a long term renter,too bad he's a slob,may have to evict him just because of that--maybe....
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I bought my first new truck with a G80 locking differential and I just about never need to put it in four wheel drive.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:12 pm I bought my first new truck with a G80 locking differential and I just about never need to put it in four wheel drive.
terrain here has brutal speed bumps, never know when ya need a 4x4
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

fouts wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:17 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:12 pm I bought my first new truck with a G80 locking differential and I just about never need to put it in four wheel drive.
terrain here has brutal speed bumps, never know when ya need a 4x4
Next truck if I can find a 2wd with a locker I may buy it, but 2wd kills the trade in value
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

you lost any profit on trade-in on the extra gas you spent carrying an extra 600 lbs of a 4x4 that you don't use.. if you trade or sell often it may work for you.I keep vehicles till the a/c or cruise dies and I can't fix it..15 years usually. One of the inventors of Microsoft drove a 80's pickup till the day he died,that speaks volumes
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

fouts wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:41 pm you lost any profit on trade-in on the extra gas you spent carrying an extra 600 lbs of a 4x4 that you don't use.. if you trade or sell often it may work for you.I keep vehicles till the a/c or cruise dies and I can't fix it..15 years usually. One of the inventors of Microsoft drove a 80's pickup till the day he died,that speaks volumes
First new truck I bought I kept 5 years, then bought my first new silverado and had it 18 months. It was underpowered and i hated it. Traded that on a 14 with the racing stripes then was gonna keep it for 6-7 years but traded it on my new black one after seeing the 2019 redesign, I don't like it. Never had an issue getting good trade in value on my trades seeing they are alway excellent condition + low miles.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Biker wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:12 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:15 pm The current UJ: I make an innocent thread talking about cars I'm thinking about buying and RD comes along and calls me a homo, and the fucking mod on this board called Biker starts disrespecting my wife and basically calling her a whore.

This site isn't going down the shitter? I've been with UJ since 2003 and back in the days we didn't have shit like this. God bless the old UJ, this new one, not so much.
Yeah, like the old UJ never shit talked anyone. It was all puppies and unicorns. Grow the fuck up

And you werent there from 2003. I was, and you didnt come along to years later
Now you're a fucking liar. I was there from 2003 chump. And you managed to suck the whole time.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:54 pm Image
Mine was more orangy red. Same emblems though, good job Quint.