Political cartoon and meme thread for both sides of the spectrum.

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Political cartoon and meme thread for both sides of the spectrum.

Post by Animal »

Here's a compromise for you. If you say that CRT doesn't exist, then come out and say you are against it, if it is found to exist. Just go on record that if someone comes up with an idea to start teaching CRT in the future, you will be against it. How hard is that?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:33 pm Here's a compromise for you. If you say that CRT doesn't exist, then come out and say you are against it, if it is found to exist. Just go on record that if someone comes up with an idea to start teaching CRT in the future, you will be against it. How hard is that?
What part of CRT is the problem? The critical part? The race part? or the theory part? Actually, it's probably that it's truth.

You'd think religious studies and parochial schools would be better scrutinized by using the Bible, which is one of the greatest sources of fiction in human history.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:44 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:33 pm Here's a compromise for you. If you say that CRT doesn't exist, then come out and say you are against it, if it is found to exist. Just go on record that if someone comes up with an idea to start teaching CRT in the future, you will be against it. How hard is that?
What part of CRT is the problem? The critical part? The race part? or the theory part? Actually, it's probably that it's truth.

You'd think religious studies and parochial schools would be better scrutinized by using the Bible, which is one of the greatest sources of fiction in human history.
in other words, you can't say you are against it.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:47 pm

Why would anyone be against it?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:51 pm

I'm just pointing out that the Left tries to contain the argument to "but it doesn't exist". And the right just wants them to say if they agree with the concept or do not agree with it. And, from what you guys are posting, I see that you really are for it (even though it doesn't exist).
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:53 pm

I'm just pointing out that the Left tries to contain the argument to "but it doesn't exist". And the right just wants them to say if they agree with the concept or do not agree with it. And, from what you guys are posting, I see that you really are for it (even though it doesn't exist).
And you're against it?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Teaching of American History? The good, the bad and the ugly?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:58 pm

And you're against it?
i am absolutely against it. i think its ridiculous.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:02 pm

And you're against it?
Teaching history is ridiculous?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:04 pm

And you're against it?
Hiding history is ridiculous?
expecting our grade school teachers to understand and properly teach a subject as complex and as misunderstood as CRT is stupid. Its like wanting string theory to start being taught in 7th grade. CRT is more of a 4th year college class in sociology.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:04 pm

And you're against it?
Hiding history is ridiculous?
If you're trying to control a narrative, no.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

What if it was one guy with six guns?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

I'm ready to tell you the "Word".
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Why should anyone (much less myself) have to fight against something that doesn't exist, when in fact it does not actually exist in any manner that can be proven by either its opponents or its supposed supporters? When the Florida legislature went through all the throes of bringing this law into place, they could not show any substantiated examples of CRT being taught in Florida schools. No teacher, even politically conservative ones, could say they were being forced to teach it, or even knew what it was. And worse, the legislature couldn't even definitely define just what the hell CRT is, as a course matter allegedly being taught in even college levels, much less down in 1st grade. All this CRT nonsense had not been a single issue in Florida public schools, in any meaningful way, until the Republican legislature suddenly needed an "ooga-booga" issue to rail against.

I can only speak for Florida, but its state legislature has run the state business for now over twenty and change years. The state Democrat party is essentially moribund and powerless. In effect, outside of established large cities, the Democrats have little effect on how this state is run. Yet *still* to this day the Republicans blame the Democrats for all the failings in Florida's operation. They even still blame Democrats for issues going back to when many Democrats hadn't yet moved over to the Republican party, but were running the state, the so-called Dixie-crats.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:38 pm I'm ready to tell you the "Word".
Nobody but you cares at this point. Speak, or don't.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:27 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:38 pm I'm ready to tell you the "Word".
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:26 pm
Why should anyone (much less myself) have to fight against something that doesn't exist, when in fact it does not actually exist in any manner that can be proven by either its opponents or its supposed supporters? When the Florida legislature went through all the throes of bringing this law into place, they could not show any substantiated examples of CRT being taught in Florida schools. No teacher, even politically conservative ones, could say they were being forced to teach it, or even knew what it was. And worse, the legislature couldn't even definitely define just what the hell CRT is, as a course matter allegedly being taught in even college levels, much less down in 1st grade. All this CRT nonsense had not been a single issue in Florida public schools, in any meaningful way, until the Republican legislature suddenly needed an "ooga-booga" issue to rail against.

I can only speak for Florida, but its state legislature has run the state business for now over twenty and change years. The state Democrat party is essentially moribund and powerless. In effect, outside of established large cities, the Democrats have little effect on how this state is run. Yet *still* to this day the Republicans blame the Democrats for all the failings in Florida's operation. They even still blame Democrats for issues going back to when many Democrats hadn't yet moved over to the Republican party, but were running the state, the so-called Dixie-crats.
And yet you can't say that you would be against it being taught in grade school? We all know that CRT exists. No one, anywhere, is going to agree on what it means, so its a moot point to even debate that topic. But the fact remains that the topic of CRT does exist in the world. The question is whether it should be taught in grade schools. That question is pretty simple. You either think it should or you think it should not.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:27 pm
Sounds like somebody has a case of the liberals
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:32 pm

And yet you can't say that you would be against it being taught in grade school? We all know that CRT exists. No one, anywhere, is going to agree on what it means, so its a moot point to even debate that topic. But the fact remains that the topic of CRT does exist in the world. The question is whether it should be taught in grade schools. That question is pretty simple. You either think it should or you think it should not.
They won't even acknowledge its existence let alone address questions like whether or not it's dogma should be forced on grade schoolers.
They'll mischaracterize, build strawman arguments and deflect just like with the Florida bill.
It's intellectually pathetic. If they support those things it should be very easy to articulate why.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Why should anyone (much less myself) have to fight against something that doesn't exist, when in fact it does not actually exist in any manner that can be proven by either its opponents or its supposed supporters?
I mean, Florida has shown a couple examples from the math books they banned, and it looks pretty shady (if we are being intellectually honest). Bar graphs of "racial prejudice" or "more than 2 million have tested their racial prejudice..." sure looks like there is a CRT initiative.

Worse, the same group that wants to include these divisive inclusions in math, also call it "racist" at it core. (Oh the irony).

Its not hard to find examples of these shenanigans. Here is one I read just today.
Seattle Public Schools introduced the CRT lens into math classes through the district's ethnic studies department. In 2019, the department released guidelines for K-12 math teachers to use in the classroom as part of a pilot program at a handful of Seattle public schools.

The framework claims that "mathematical knowledge has been appropriated by Western culture" and that "math has been and continues to be used to oppress and marginalize people and communities of color."

Seattle math teacher Shraddha Shirude is a believer, using ethnic studies in her high school course Mathematics for Liberation to tell students that the subject is "used to oppress people." She says she enjoys teaching through the ethnic studies lens because it dismantles the "toxic" white culture of math classes.

"When we're only teaching them that one master narrative, that's the master narrative that is around in society too, because they grow up, and then they teach their kids that, and that's how they approach the world. That's how they engage with other people. That's what they see as normal. That's what they see as standard. That's what they see as law. It's all based on white supremacy culture," Shirude explained to the South Seattle Emerald.

This framework has hurt Seattle students.
And this gem, which I found to be interesting in and of itself:
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded the groups behind A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction with nearly $140 million. That includes millions to The Education Trust, a fringe education advocacy group that refers to student loan debt for black students as "Jim Crow debt," and Teach Plus, which encourages teachers to become "social agents of change."
cite
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »