Political cartoon and meme thread for both sides of the spectrum.

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Political cartoon and meme thread for both sides of the spectrum.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:32 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:27 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:38 pm I'm ready to tell you the "Word".
Nobody but you cares at this point. Speak, or don't.
OK, the "Word". Until recently, both sides of the political spectrum would most often work for the betterment of the Country. Bi-partnership, cooperation, compromise wasn't the vile words bordering on treason it is today. I'm not naive to know "Bloodsport" has not sometimes been a part of the political landscape. I'm just talking recent. I'm not in any way offering a history lesson, but let's take the wayback machine almost 100 years in the past. In the 1930's, most Americans (your grandparents, great-grandparents whatever) along everybody else worldwide spent almost a decade surviving the worst economic depression in history. Didn't get past that then it was time to gear up for 6 years fighting a World War (followed by Korea 5 years later and Vietnam 15 years later). Didn't get past that then it was time to gear up against the Soviet Union in an almost half century Cold War. Not any war, but The War. Mostly forgotten is the fact that for almost 50 years, every human on Earth woke every day with that one thought tucked way in the back of their brains that today could be the day when some idiot hundreds or thousands of miles away could screw up and they and most of humanity would be dead by the end of it. Parents/teachers/schools may have bickered about mundane subjects but there was no "social experimentation". Too busy churning out students with excellent educations in Science, Engineering, etc anything that would help the cause to defeat the unholy Commies. Nobody had any time for any extra curricular mamby-pamby crap. Then in the early 90's, the Soviet Union collapsed. We looked around. We won, we stood atop the World unchallenged as the only Superpower. Time to revel in our almost 70 year struggle. Not soon after, the "Word" started creeping in. Both sides started sniping, social experimentation in our schools and military and elsewhere, etc etc on both sides. The Word is "Boredom". "Political Boredom". We no longer had a main enemy, so we decided to make each other the enemy.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Antknot wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:30 am Image
That was funnier back in 2017 when it first came out.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:39 am
Truth is eternal.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

the funniest part was that it was posted right after a CTC post and I forgot this was a meme thread and assumed it was aimed at him. I was thinking, "Damn, nice work making that".
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:58 am
the funniest part was that it was posted right after a CTC post and I forgot this was a meme thread and assumed it was aimed at him. I was thinking, "Damn, nice work making that".
It's still apropos.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

stonedmegman wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:45 am
Animal wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:58 am
It's still apropos.
If it had said UJR instead of world it would have meant CTC
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

I thought you liked Trump
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Who wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:41 am
There's one of the 10%.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Antknot wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:44 am
Who wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:41 am
There's one of the 10%.
You mean it isn’t the twice impeached, one term president?
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Antknot wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:36 am Image
:lol:
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:09 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:38 pm I'm ready to tell you the "Word".
OK, the "Word". Until recently, both sides of the political spectrum would most often work for the betterment of the Country. Bi-partnership, cooperation, compromise wasn't the vile words bordering on treason it is today. I'm not naive to know "Bloodsport" has not sometimes been a part of the political landscape. I'm just talking recent. I'm not in any way offering a history lesson, but let's take the wayback machine almost 100 years in the past. In the 1930's, most Americans (your grandparents, great-grandparents whatever) along everybody else worldwide spent almost a decade surviving the worst economic depression in history. Didn't get past that then it was time to gear up for 6 years fighting a World War (followed by Korea 5 years later and Vietnam 15 years later). Didn't get past that then it was time to gear up against the Soviet Union in an almost half century Cold War. Not any war, but The War. Mostly forgotten is the fact that for almost 50 years, every human on Earth woke every day with that one thought tucked way in the back of their brains that today could be the day when some idiot hundreds or thousands of miles away could screw up and they and most of humanity would be dead by the end of it. Parents/teachers/schools may have bickered about mundane subjects but there was no "social experimentation". Too busy churning out students with excellent educations in Science, Engineering, etc anything that would help the cause to defeat the unholy Commies. Nobody had any time for any extra curricular mamby-pamby crap. Then in the early 90's, the Soviet Union collapsed. We looked around. We won, we stood atop the World unchallenged as the only Superpower. Time to revel in our almost 70 year struggle. Not soon after, the "Word" started creeping in. Both sides started sniping, social experimentation in our schools and military and elsewhere, etc etc on both sides. The Word is "Boredom". "Political Boredom". We no longer had a main enemy, so we decided to make each other the enemy.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Too funny. Laughter coming from a Canadian whose country literally doesn't have to spend a dime on defense since they can rely on the Nuclear umbrella not only from the original Mother Country but also the Superpower neighbor next door.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:47 pm Too funny. Laughter coming from a Canadian whose country literally doesn't have to spend a dime on defense since they can rely on the Nuclear umbrella not only from the original Mother Country but also the Superpower neighbor next door.
Go ahead and disarm your nukes. We'll be fine. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:59 pm
i'm wondering how 9-11 fits into his poorly thought out theory.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:20 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:47 pm Too funny. Laughter coming from a Canadian whose country literally doesn't have to spend a dime on defense since they can rely on the Nuclear umbrella not only from the original Mother Country but also the Superpower neighbor next door.
Go ahead and disarm your nukes. We'll be fine. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mooching off 2 countries so you can have "free" health care (with the 30+ day wait times).
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:45 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:59 pm
i'm wondering how 9-11 fits into his poorly thought out theory.
His dumb theory is dumb.
The partisan polarization he's talking about has been around for many decades and it existed long before the Berlin wall ever came down or the collapse of the Soviet Union. It has always been there, but it really started to gain traction around 1975. I think Watergate and your less than favorable outcome in the Vietnam war had a lot to do with it.
Check this out...
See Congress polarize over the past 60 years, in one chart.

Division of Democrat and Republican Party members over time. Each member of the U.S. House of Representatives from 1949–2012 is drawn as a single node. Republican (R) representatives are in red and Democrat (D) representatives are in blue, party affiliation changes are not reflected. Edges are drawn between members who agree above the Congress’ threshold value of votes. The threshold value is the number of agreements where any pair exhibiting this number of agreements is equally likely to comprised of two members of the same party (e.g. D-D or R-R), or a cross-party pair (e.g. D-R). Each node is sized relative to its total number of connections; edges are thicker if the pair agrees on more votes. The starting year of each 2-year Congress is written above the network. The network is drawn using a linear-attraction linear-repulsion model with Barnes Hut optimization.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

these 24 hour news channels and guys like Rush Limbaugh are what gave it a shot of adrenaline. Who knew how gullible people really were.

at the core people's politics hasn't changed much. they are still for smaller government or more government programs or various things in between. Its just that now these news channels and broadcasters have made them think the world will end if they don't get their way.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:39 pm these 24 hour news channels and guys like Rush Limbaugh are what gave it a shot of adrenaline. Who knew how gullible people really were.

at the core people's politics hasn't changed much. they are still for smaller government or more government programs or various things in between. Its just that now these news channels and broadcasters have made them think the world will end if they don't get their way.
And the internet coming along certainly didn't help matters any.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:44 pm
Animal wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:39 pm these 24 hour news channels and guys like Rush Limbaugh are what gave it a shot of adrenaline. Who knew how gullible people really were.

And the internet coming along certainly didn't help matters any.
yeah. probably a bigger factor than anything else at this point. Now people are just a click away from like minded people that can lead them further down these rabbit holes.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I beg pardon. "poorly thought out theory"? It's exactly what I'm talking about. 1/3 the way through this 30 year period and we were already complacent and bored. That's when everything went insane stupid and been that way ever since. Let's just start with W's 8 years. Hijackers went through airports? For the next 10 years, disabled Granny's in wheelchairs had to have their shoes searched and practically go through a cavity search everytime. Bored with just invading Afghanistan? Let's make up the WMD's and invade Iraq, too. Gas prices too high? Let's convert our food into ethanol doing nothing for long term gas prices but clogging up engines (forcing car manufacturers to reengineer hoses and engine parts) and we still have it 20 years later because now farmers and Congress love that subsidy item in the yearly budget. And the best. Economy showing signs of sagging? Let's send every American a check for $500 to boost spending over the next 90-120 days, doing nothing for the economy but putting a nice $1 Trillion "ringup" onto the national debt. That's just W's 8 years and I know I'm forgetting tons of things. My next installment will be Obama's 8 years when political boredom really set in and stupidity went into warp drive.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

It must be Sunday.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES