Biden continues his war on domestic energy production

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Biden continues his war on domestic energy production

Post by Biker »

Joe Biden Administration Cancels Oil and Gas Lease Sales in Alaska, Gulf of Mexico

President Joe Biden’s administration has ceased all oil and gas leases to Alaska’s Cook Inlet and the Gulf of Mexico as of Wednesday night.

A spokesperson for the Interior Department said on Wednesday the “Cook Inlet lease sale would not proceed due to insufficient industry interest. Meanwhile, the planned sale of two leases, lease 259 and lease 261, in the Gulf of Mexico will not proceed due to contradictory court rulings on the leases,” according to The Hill.

When the president first took office in 2021, he signed an executive order freezing all new oil and gas leasing on federal lands only to have it struck down by Judge James Cain, a Trump appointee. After appealing the ruling, a Washington, D.C. District Court “invalidated another Gulf of Mexico lease sold by the federal government, lease 257.” The Alaska ruling affects a separate lease than the ones named by the Interior Department spokesperson. Per The Hill:

The Alaska lease would have covered more than 1 million acres. The federal Bureau of Ocean Energy Management previously canceled lease sales in the area in 2006, 2008 and 2010, also citing lack of interest from industry at the time.

Under federal law, the Interior Department is required to adhere to a five-year offshore leasing plan, which was set to end at the end of June in the case of the affected leases.

Energy prices have skyrocketed in conjunction with record inflation during the Biden presidency. According to the Washington Post, the average price for a gallon of gas rose to a record high of $4.37 on Tuesday – the highest price recorded since AAA began keeping track of the climb in 2000.

“This is not the most expensive gas on record, when adjusted for inflation, but the increase comes despite Biden’s ordering the use of a million barrels per day from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve a little over a month ago,” noted the Post.

The president vowed on Tuesday to make rising costs and inflation his administration’s top priority.

“Republicans have offered plenty of blame, but not a single solution to actually bring down the energy prices,” the president said.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Biden continues his war on domestic energy production

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:47 pm A spokesperson for the Interior Department said on Wednesday the “Cook Inlet lease sale would not proceed due to insufficient industry interest. Meanwhile, the planned sale of two leases, lease 259 and lease 261, in the Gulf of Mexico will not proceed due to contradictory court rulings on the leases,” according to The Hill.
But... but... the tag line says "Biden continues his war on domestic energy production"!!! :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm
Biker wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:47 pm A spokesperson for the Interior Department said on Wednesday the “Cook Inlet lease sale would not proceed due to insufficient industry interest. Meanwhile, the planned sale of two leases, lease 259 and lease 261, in the Gulf of Mexico will not proceed due to contradictory court rulings on the leases,” according to The Hill.
But... but... the tag line says "Biden continues his war on domestic energy production"!!! :lol:
According to his administration.

Think Rick, with prices skyrocketing I believe there is plenty of intrest
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Fracking was a game changer. Dementia took a stand. No further proof necessary.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Charliesheen wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:34 pm
He didn't ban fracking, dude.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:35 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:34 pm
He didn't ban fracking, dude.
RD is correct.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

The American people have enough outrage over Sippy's inept Energy policies, no need to make false claims.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

In fact, Biden encourages people to frac all of the wells that he has blocked from being drilled. He didn't say you couldn't frac them, he just said you couldn't make them in the first place.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:53 pm In fact, Biden encourages people to frac all of the wells that he has blocked from being drilled. He didn't say you couldn't frac them, he just said you couldn't make them in the first place.
I'm just saying the claim he banned fracking is false. His inept handling of oil/gas leases is another matter and deserves every ridicule he gets. I'ts what happens when your handlers' ideas on energy policy involves puppies and rainbows.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:09 pm
Animal wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:53 pm In fact, Biden encourages people to frac all of the wells that he has blocked from being drilled. He didn't say you couldn't frac them, he just said you couldn't make them in the first place.
I'm just saying the claim he banned fracking is false. His inept handling of oil/gas leases is another matter and deserves every ridicule he gets. I'ts what happens when your handlers' ideas on energy policy involves puppies and rainbows.
i'm pretty sure that the men that own fracking companies and the water truck drivers, and every other side business that is part of that industry, is well aware of what jobs got killed and by whom.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

***Also false. ***

FLAGGED! This comment has been flagged for false and misleading information!
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:12 pm
i'm pretty sure that the men that own fracking companies and the water truck drivers, and every other side business that is part of that industry, is well aware of what jobs got killed and by whom.
Well, I'm sitting in a motel room in W Texas for the 5th consecutive week working in the oil fields and making $$$'s and I can assure you the water trucks and fracking companies are going full blast. We love Biden's energy policies. I'll be out here until fall. The difference between us and Liberals is we know our short term gain is good for us now but really bad for everybody's kids and grandkids. See how that works.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Plus OP's thread is totally false. Believe me, Biden's inept energy policies need no boosting. Of the 3 leases mentioned, one is in Alaska (Cook Bay?), an extremely environmentally sensitive area. Oil companies have had 50+ years experience on that issue on whether to pursue a lease there knowing the costs involved. The other 2 were leases in the Gulf of Mexico that didn't attract the minimum bids, probably for economic issues and were pulled. The exact same that has happened to every President since the whole federal oil leasing program began- whenever that was.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:31 pm Diesel is now 6.30 a gallon in NJ. They are also saying there may be a diesel shortage coming. I foresee +10% inflation coming,
I nearly hit $120 filling up my pickup a few minutes ago. Fuck.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Gotcha beat.

$160 for 25 gallons US
Biker

Post by Biker »

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

The illegals are transformative.

The left would be a mirage without them.