So is your US bank closed this Monday

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

So is your US bank closed this Monday

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

for Juneteenth? New national holiday created by Sippy by Executive Order. WTF man. Wrong on so many levels including a personal one from me.
WarmBidetWater
Forum God

Re: So is your US bank closed this Monday

Post by WarmBidetWater »

I didn't even know it was a holiday until our administrative assistance sent an email mid-week. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to celebrate whatever it is the holiday celebrates.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:52 pm for Juneteenth? New national holiday created by Sippy by Executive Order. WTF man. Wrong on so many levels including a personal one from me.
Are you going to cry? It sounds like you're going to cry.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

WarmBidetWater wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:01 pm I didn't even know it was a holiday until our administrative assistance sent an email mid-week. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to celebrate whatever it is the holiday celebrates.
I can tell you exactly what it is. Since the word "Cultural Appropriation" has been thrown about for years by the Woke crowd, I'm surprised there isn't a back lash. "Juneteenth" is a unique Texas tradition for it's African American citizens. It dates to the June 19th 1865 landing of Union forces in Galveston Tx led by General Granger who announced to the population that slaves were now and forever freed. It's been celebrated by our AA citizens for almost 160 years as a day of celebration, family gathering, BBQ, and a day off.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:23 pm
WarmBidetWater wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:01 pm I didn't even know it was a holiday until our administrative assistance sent an email mid-week. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to celebrate whatever it is the holiday celebrates.
I can tell you exactly what it is. Since the word "Cultural Appropriation" has been thrown about for years by the Woke crowd, I'm surprised there isn't a back lash. "Juneteenth" is a unique Texas tradition for it's African American citizens. It dates to the June 19th 1865 landing of Union forces in Galveston Tx led by General Granger who announced to the population that slaves were now and forever freed. It's been celebrated by our AA citizens for almost 160 years as a day of celebration, family gathering, BBQ, and a day off.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:52 pm for Juneteenth? New national holiday created by Sippy by Executive Order. WTF man. Wrong on so many levels including a personal one from me.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i'm not sure i understand this holiday being a federal holiday. being born and raised in texas, i have watched this holiday being celebrated every year. But its kind of a Texas thing and has really nothing to do with the rest of the country. It just happened that, before Facebook, texas was so far out of the communication loop that it took the slaves a long time to hear the news that they were free. but the whole premise of it doesn't apply anywhere else in the country.

and my crews can't fucking work monday either.
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

Animal wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:44 pm i'm not sure i understand this holiday being a federal holiday. being born and raised in texas, i have watched this holiday being celebrated every year. But its kind of a Texas thing and has really nothing to do with the rest of the country. It just happened that, before Facebook, texas was so far out of the communication loop that it took the slaves a long time to hear the news that they were free. but the whole premise of it doesn't apply anywhere else in the country.

Is that because you do state or federal work?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:44 pm i'm not sure i understand this holiday being a federal holiday. being born and raised in texas, i have watched this holiday being celebrated every year. But its kind of a Texas thing and has really nothing to do with the rest of the country. It just happened that, before Facebook, texas was so far out of the communication loop that it took the slaves a long time to hear the news that they were free. but the whole premise of it doesn't apply anywhere else in the country.

Actually the reason was after Appomattox, Union forces had occupy and set up Reconstruction governments in the Rebel states. Border areas were easiest. Texas was last because it was the farthest away geographically and coast shipping wise.
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

Fuck, they can declare Hitler’s birthday a national holiday, as long as I get a day off.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

DiverTexas wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:56 pm

Is that because you do state or federal work?
cities. the cities all follow federal holiday schedules and they look for any opportunity to take a day off.
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

That makes sense.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

And on the personal note, I take offense because Juneteenth is me.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

No idea, but we have "Patriots Day" here in mid April.

Not sure if it's a terrible thing that an entire country can learn something about its (often checkered) history.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:16 am No idea, but we have "Patriots Day" here in mid April.

Not sure if it's a terrible thing that an entire country can learn something about its (often checkered) history.
yeah, i'm sure no one knows about the slaves. what is this patriot stuff you are talking about?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:31 am
saltydog wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:16 am No idea, but we have "Patriots Day" here in mid April.

yeah, i'm sure no one knows about the slaves. what is this patriot stuff you are talking about?
Historically, Patriots' Day marks the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first battles of the American Revolutionary War, and is a state holiday in Massachusetts, Maine and Wisconsin.
Not sure why Wisconsin is on board but American history I guess.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wisconsin people are known to be really heavy drinkers. so they look for every opportunity for a day off.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

We do not need a reason to drink and party. Waking up is enough of a reason to run down and get your morning bloody mary in. And what's a nice brat at lunch without a beer or 2. 2, 3 Brandy old fashioneds with your fish fry on Fridays followed up by a grasshopper or brandy alexander, maybe a pink squirrel for the lady. A bottle or 3 of New Glarus, the strawberry rhubarb just came out for the season, and relax next to a nice fire outside.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

did you know that Wisconsin imports the most human livers of any state in the union? true story.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I wonder why Packer's fans don't wear Liver Heads?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Meh.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

"Patriots Day" is also Boston Marathon Monday and the ever rare 11am Red Sox day game.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

saltydog wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:28 am "Patriots Day" is also Boston Marathon Monday and the ever rare 11am Red Sox day game.
Lot of limbs lost in the first 2. "rimshot".
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Too soon?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:53 am Too soon?
Every time.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Animal wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:04 am did you know that Wisconsin imports the most human livers of any state in the union? true story.
Well, they only last so long.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.