So is your US bank closed this Monday

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: So is your US bank closed this Monday

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

I've only mentioned it one time a few years ago. I'm sure most people were like- "What's Juneteenth?" But today, June 18th, is my birthday- Sup Sir Paul McCartney. I was born on this date because of Juneteenth. True story.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Animal wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:20 am
DiverTexas wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:56 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:44 pm i'm not sure i understand this holiday being a federal holiday. being born and raised in texas, i have watched this holiday being celebrated every year. But its kind of a Texas thing and has really nothing to do with the rest of the country. It just happened that, before Facebook, texas was so far out of the communication loop that it took the slaves a long time to hear the news that they were free. but the whole premise of it doesn't apply anywhere else in the country.

and my crews can't fucking work monday either.
Is that because you do state or federal work?
cities. the cities all follow federal holiday schedules and they look for any opportunity to take a day off.
The city I run is open Monday.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:48 pm
Animal wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:20 am
DiverTexas wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:56 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:44 pm i'm not sure i understand this holiday being a federal holiday. being born and raised in texas, i have watched this holiday being celebrated every year. But its kind of a Texas thing and has really nothing to do with the rest of the country. It just happened that, before Facebook, texas was so far out of the communication loop that it took the slaves a long time to hear the news that they were free. but the whole premise of it doesn't apply anywhere else in the country.

and my crews can't fucking work monday either.
Is that because you do state or federal work?
cities. the cities all follow federal holiday schedules and they look for any opportunity to take a day off.
The city I run is open Monday.
Gay
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

saltydog wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:28 am "Patriots Day" is also Boston Marathon Monday and the ever rare 11am Red Sox day game.
I remember running that Marathon. Was running near some of the top women (you could tell 'cause they were wearing shoes that I'd never seen before, probably custom made), and I think we went by Wellesley College. The screams from the ladies along the route kept my ears ringing for miles afterwards. :lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:56 pm I've only mentioned it one time a few years ago. I'm sure most people were like- "What's Juneteenth?" But today, June 18th, is my birthday- Sup Sir Paul McCartney. I was born on this date because of Juneteenth. True story.
I grew up in Detroit. I know what Juneteenth is.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:33 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:56 pm I've only mentioned it one time a few years ago. I'm sure most people were like- "What's Juneteenth?" But today, June 18th, is my birthday- Sup Sir Paul McCartney. I was born on this date because of Juneteenth. True story.
But can you conceive of why a person like myself would be born on today's date instead of tomorrow's all because of Juneteenth?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:17 am
But can you conceive of why a person like myself would be born on today's date instead of tomorrow's all because of Juneteenth?
No.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

saltydog wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:34 am
No.
I was born at Herman hospital in Houston, Tx- the largest one there. At that time, expectant mothers could expect that their pregnancies could end in C-Sections. Very common back then- death rates from natural childbirths were still pretty elevated. So, my Mom had her C-section procedure scheduled for near Noon June 19th. Due to the fact that Herman hospitals support staff was almost 70% African American and they would all be off the next day, her procedure was moved to June 18th evening. So, I was born today because of Juneteenth. True story.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Oh, and making Juneteenth a federal holiday is the stupidest thing (If that's possible) Biden has ever done. Just had Memorial Day 3 weeks ago and July 4th next week. And when did President's get allowed to establish federal holidays by Executive Order? I thought Congress was only allowed to do that.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:25 am
No.
I was born at Herman hospital in Houston, Tx- the largest one there. At that time, expectant mothers could expect that their pregnancies could end in C-Sections. Very common back then- death rates from natural childbirths were still pretty elevated. So, my Mom had her C-section procedure scheduled for near Noon June 19th. Due to the fact that Herman hospitals support staff was almost 70% African American and they would all be off the next day, her procedure was moved to June 18th evening. So, I was born today because of Juneteenth. True story.
Captivating
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:14 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:25 am
No.
Captivating
i would have guessed it was because his father didn't want a son that was born on that day.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Hey, my family was no Steve Martin "I was born a poor black child".
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »