Farmers nailing it way back when

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Farmers nailing it way back when

Post by Biker »

yet this clown of an adminstration tells us its PUTIN!!!111!!11!!1 or TRANSITORY!!!!!111!11!!! or COVID!!!111!!!1!1!

And cunts like SD, RD, and EFMN eat that shit up, all the while lecturing the rest of us. Fuck you

DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Re: Farmers nailing it way back when

Post by DiverTexas »

A lot of truth in that.
I talk to ranchers and farmers every time I go to the country.
They all echo the same sentiments.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Well, that was a solid waste of 5 minutes.

What exactly did Cow-Man just tell us that everyone didn't already know?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:26 pm Well, that was a solid waste of 5 minutes.

What exactly did Cow-Man just tell us that everyone didn't already know?
That apparently you are a troll
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

I'm not a lecturer. I just have thoughts and opinions like everyone else on here.

Once again, your assumptions and desire to label is a fruitless endeavor.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

when biden came into office, the stock market crashed soon after. they pumped $6 trillion dollars over to wall street, buying stocks and bonds, to keep it quiet. Biden's image was more important than prudent money management. Then we had multiple multi-trillion dollar spending bills, one after another. You can't print money on that scale and not have inflation. Increases in the money supply like that can cause hyper-inflation and would have were the USA not able to borrow in its own currency. If this reckless spending continues, it will lead to super-inflation and then hyper-inflation.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JackCoughsALot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:32 am when biden came into office, the stock market crashed soon after. they pumped $6 trillion dollars over to wall street, buying stocks and bonds, to keep it quiet. Biden's image was more important than prudent money management. Then we had multiple multi-trillion dollar spending bills, one after another. You can't print money on that scale and not have inflation. Increases in the money supply like that can cause hyper-inflation and would have were the USA not able to borrow in its own currency. If this reckless spending continues, it will lead to super-inflation and then hyper-inflation.
I agree 100%. But, everyone knows that the solution to high prices are high prices (well, everyone except Biden who just arbitrarily lowered one of them which will do nothing more than cause the correction to take longer). Anyway, inflation, by definition should heal itself. BUT, will it be followed by a recession? That's the billion dollar question right now. About half the time inflation is followed by a recession.

Now, knowing what you said above, I tend to think we should avoid a recession because the economy is in this mess because of factors outside of the normal operations. We never have inflation because people have been gifted free money. Companies are doing good and will continue to do good because they are making more money now. Until people finish spending all of this free cash they were given, inflation will continue. once that money is gone, things have to go back where they were. right?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:41 am
JackCoughsALot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:32 am when biden came into office, the stock market crashed soon after. they pumped $6 trillion dollars over to wall street, buying stocks and bonds, to keep it quiet. Biden's image was more important than prudent money management. Then we had multiple multi-trillion dollar spending bills, one after another. You can't print money on that scale and not have inflation. Increases in the money supply like that can cause hyper-inflation and would have were the USA not able to borrow in its own currency. If this reckless spending continues, it will lead to super-inflation and then hyper-inflation.
I agree 100%. But, everyone knows that the solution to high prices are high prices (well, everyone except Biden who just arbitrarily lowered one of them which will do nothing more than cause the correction to take longer). Anyway, inflation, by definition should heal itself. BUT, will it be followed by a recession? That's the billion dollar question right now. About half the time inflation is followed by a recession.

Now, knowing what you said above, I tend to think we should avoid a recession because the economy is in this mess because of factors outside of the normal operations. We never have inflation because people have been gifted free money. Companies are doing good and will continue to do good because they are making more money now. Until people finish spending all of this free cash they were given, inflation will continue. once that money is gone, things have to go back where they were. right?
That would be ideal...BUT...I just dont think it can happen that easily. Yes the "free" money will eventually run out* and then in theory things can return to pre give away levels. The American economy is such a behemoth though with so many interworking cogs and gears that it I think its a process that will take years to repair this damage. The levels of destruction this administration has purposely heaped on our economic engine cannot be ignored.

*Assuming the giveaways DO stop. Student loan forgiveness, gas tax holidays, more stimulus!11!!1 etc.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:41 am
That would be ideal...BUT...I just dont think it can happen that easily. Yes the "free" money will eventually run out* and then in theory things can return to pre give away levels. The American economy is such a behemoth though with so many interworking cogs and gears that it I think its a process that will take years to repair this damage. The levels of destruction this administration has purposely heaped on our economic engine cannot be ignored.

*Assuming the giveaways DO stop. Student loan forgiveness, gas tax holidays, more stimulus!11!!1 etc.
I remember when I was a kid, a girl I knew was dating a biker. He was a really bad ass dude. Anway, her mom was divorced and her dad lived away. Her dad came to visit her one time and she was telling me the story about him meeting her boyfriend. Her boyfriend had really long hair, a long goatee, the typical biker look. Her dad was in a suit and tie and they are sitting in the living room and she had just introduced them. During their short conversation something came up and the biker says, "I just wish they would take all of the money in the world and divide it up and give everyone an equal share.". She said her dad says, "Well, that would be great, but it wouldn't take long until the ones that have it all now would have it again.". And the biker said, "Yeah, but we'd have a hell of a time giving it back to them".

Now, that was just a funny story at the time, but when I heard it, even then I had to stop and give some thought to what her dad meant by that. And it (obviously) stuck with me all of these years. And that is exactly what will happen to those trillions of dollars that were handed out during covid.