Major win for choice!

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Major win for choice!

Post by Biker »

And before the knee jerkers chime in, yes, I believe Islamic schools deserve the same treatment as Chirstian and Jew ones

Supreme Court rules Maine tuition program violates First Amendment for excluding religious schools

The Supreme Court ruled in the case of Carson v. Makin

The Supreme Court ruled 6-3 Tuesday that a Maine tuition assistance program violated the First Amendment's Free Exercise Clause for excluding religious schools from eligibility.

The program provides tuition assistance for students without a local public school to attend private institutions – as long as the funding is not used for religious or "sectarian" teaching.

"Maine’s ‘nonsectarian’ requirement for its otherwise generally available tuition assistance payments violates the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment," Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in the court's opinion in the case of Carson v. Maykin. "Regardless of how the benefit and restriction are described, the program operates to identify and exclude otherwise eligible schools on the basis of their religious exercise."

Roberts stated that with Maine providing the benefit of tuition assistance, they cannot condition those benefits in a way that "effectively penalizes the free exercise of religion."

Religious schools were allowed under the program before 1981, but then Maine adopted its "non-sectarian" requirement, citing the First Amendment. Roberts noted that this addition was made after Maine’s attorney general determined that funding private religious schools would violate the First Amendment’s Establishment Clause. The Supreme Court ruled in 2002 that a program where private citizens made the decision as to where the money was going would not violate the clause.

The Supreme Court made that same determination on Tuesday.

"[A] neutral benefit program in which public funds flow to religious organizations through the independent choices of private benefit recipients does not offend the Establishment Clause," Roberts wrote.

A lower court ruling in Maine's favor had said that the real benefit was not tuition assistance, but the provision of the "rough equivalent of the public school education that Maine may permissible require to be secular."
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Major win for choice!

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

I hope the Liberal wing of SCOTUS gets really really used to being on the losing side 6-3 for the next 20 years. Trump flipped almost 1/3 the Court with young Conservative justices in only 4 years. It's the main reason I voted for him in 2016 knowing what Cackles would do with the same opportunity. Disaster averted.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:34 pm I hope the Liberal wing of SCOTUS gets really really used to being on the losing side 6-3 for the next 20 years. Trump flipped almost 1/3 the Court with young Conservative justices in only 4 years. It's the main reason I voted for him in 2016 knowing what Cackles would do with the same opportunity. Disaster averted.
Don't get too comfortable. You know liberals: when they can't win (like the 2020 election), they change the rules. Don't put it past them to add 4 more seats and install more liberal activists as justices. Four more carbon copies of that evil, corrupt old cunt Ruth Vader Ginsburg, may she rot in hell.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Deathproof wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:43 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:34 pm I hope the Liberal wing of SCOTUS gets really really used to being on the losing side 6-3 for the next 20 years. Trump flipped almost 1/3 the Court with young Conservative justices in only 4 years. It's the main reason I voted for him in 2016 knowing what Cackles would do with the same opportunity. Disaster averted.
Don't get too comfortable. You know liberals: when they can't win (like the 2020 election), they change the rules. Don't put it past them to add 4 more seats and install more liberal activists as justices. Four more carbon copies of that evil, corrupt old cunt Ruth Vader Ginsburg, may she rot in hell.
Wonderful representation of humanity you two.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:50 pm
Don't lump me in with his opinions- I have my own. I totally agree with him about RVG but the whole court packing is never happening. FDR tried it back in the 1930's and probably the biggest stain of his 3 term Presidency. Of course, Liberals back then had scruples like putting Country before Party. Now- not so much.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:05 pm
Don't lump me in with his opinions- I have my own. I totally agree with him about RVG but the whole court packing is never happening. FDR tried it back in the 1930's and probably the biggest stain of his 3 term Presidency. Of course, Liberals back then had scruples like putting Country before Party. Now- not so much.
I know what I said.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

* 4 terms.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:11 pm
* 4 terms.
3 terms and dead in his mistresses arm at Hot Springs Ga starting his 4th. If you've ever seen photos of his butch wife Eleanor, probably see why 3 is more appropriate.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:22 pm 3 terms and dead in his mistresses arm at Hot Springs Ga starting his 4th. If you've ever seen photos of his butch wife Eleanor, probably see why 3 is more appropriate.
I like to think of this place as another wikipedia. So let's go with 4 terms to stay consistent with the facts. Thanks.

We ask you, humbly, to help.
We'll get straight to the point: Today we ask you to defend You Gee Are's independence.

We're a non-profit that depends on donations to stay online and thriving, but 98% of our readers don't give; they simply look the other way. If everyone who reads You Gee Are gave just a little, we could keep You Gee Are thriving for years to come. The price of a cup of coffee is all we ask.

When we made You Gee Are a non-profit, people told us we’d regret it. But if You Gee Are were to become commercial, it would be a great loss to the world.

You Gee Are is a place to learn, not a place for advertising. The heart and soul of You Gee Are is a community of people working to bring you unlimited access to reliable, neutral information.

We know that most people will ignore this message. But if You Gee Are is useful to you, please consider making a donation of or whatever you can to protect and sustain You Gee Are.

Thanks,

Animal
You Gee Are Moderator
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Eleanor was still a butch/Dyke. Just ask Who.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Animal wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:47 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:22 pm 3 terms and dead in his mistresses arm at Hot Springs Ga starting his 4th. If you've ever seen photos of his butch wife Eleanor, probably see why 3 is more appropriate.
I like to think of this place as another wikipedia. So let's go with 4 terms to stay consistent with the facts. Thanks.

We'll get straight to the point: Today we ask you to defend You Gee Are's independence.

We're a non-profit that depends on donations to stay online and thriving, but 98% of our readers don't give; they simply look the other way. If everyone who reads You Gee Are gave just a little, we could keep You Gee Are thriving for years to come. The price of a cup of coffee is all we ask.

When we made You Gee Are a non-profit, people told us we’d regret it. But if You Gee Are were to become commercial, it would be a great loss to the world.

You Gee Are is a place to learn, not a place for advertising. The heart and soul of You Gee Are is a community of people working to bring you unlimited access to reliable, neutral information.

We know that most people will ignore this message. But if You Gee Are is useful to you, please consider making a donation of or whatever you can to protect and sustain You Gee Are.

Thanks,

Animal
You Gee Are Moderator
Does UJ take VENMO?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

Thanks,

Animal
You Gee Are Moderator
$$$
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Thanks,

Animal
You Gee Are Moderator
TL:DR
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Any objections taxing churches?
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

saltydog wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:41 am Any objections taxing churches?
Like Republicans pay taxes, :lol: :lol:
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Who wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:53 am
if we don't, then why is the platform of every democrat to raise taxes on republicans?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

I've always been of the opinion that churches absolutely should pay taxes. But so should Jewish temples and whatever the muslims call their terrorist training centers. There's no legitimate reason for any of them to be tax-exempt.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

That's the thing: we are. Conservatives are better people than your crowd. I get that that's hard for you to admit, what with ingrained, misguided, unearned sense of moral superiority you liberals like to assume, but its a fact. You aren't the good guys.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Absolutely tax them. I could see at a lower rate though and if they want to get political then they can pay a regular rate like the rest of us.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Roe v. Wade overturned

Another "Major win for choice!", Biker?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:27 am
if we don't, then why is the platform of every democrat to raise taxes on republicans?
Like Republicans pay taxes :lol:
A Legend In His Own Mind

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Who wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:49 pm
Shall we list all the high profile Democrats that were charged with tax evasion over the years vs GOP, or nah?

Dumbfuck
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

As if the country would work if 85% of the tax payers stopped paying taxes.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Biker wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:35 pm
Who wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:49 pm
Shall we list all the high profile Democrats that were charged with tax evasion over the years vs GOP, or nah?

Dumbfuck
Sure have at it
A Legend In His Own Mind