Welcome to the Biden recession

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Welcome to the Biden recession

Post by Biker »

But don't worry, Pedo Peter say that in his view, its not a recession. You see, we get to change definitions if an outcome is not what we desire. Easy Peasy
BREAKING: US GDP drops .9 percent in second quarter

"Real gross domestic product (GDP) decreased at an annual rate of 0.9 percent in the second quarter of 2022," the BEA reported.

The Bureau of Economic Analysis has released their report on the second quarter GDP. "Real gross domestic product (GDP) decreased at an annual rate of 0.9 percent in the second quarter of 2022, according to the 'advance' estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the first quarter, real GDP decreased 1.6 percent."

By standard definitions, two consecutive quarters of declining GDP growth indicates that a nation is in an economic recession. President Joe Biden said on Monday that the US is not facing a recession. "We're not going to be in a recession, in my view," Biden said. "The unemployment rate is still one of the lowest we've had in history. It's in the 3.6 percent area. We still find ourselves with people investing."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Welcome to the Biden recession

Post by Animal »

The market doesn't seem to be reacting to this as would be expected. Technically, a recession isn't defined by two quarters of receeding GDP, that is only a good indicator. But predicting a recession is a lot like predicting where you are going by looking in the rear view mirror. you have to have already been in one for over 6 months before they can call it.

I think with fuel prices going down, companies still showing strong demand for products, and a whole shit load of this "earmarked" money that they have already passed to be spent not spent yet, the market doesn't seem to worried about it right now.

personally, i am kind of liking the fact that you can actually get some interest in a bank right now.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Every financial business I deal with has sent me “How to deal with the recession “ emals
Biker

Post by Biker »

I think the market already shed its 10-12% expecting a recession. I think the next shoe to drop is a weak labor market, which will push wages down
Biker

Post by Biker »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

This Bud’s for you, you dumb fucks. You know who you are…

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Beyond any sense of self-awareness.

Also immune to irony & hypocrisy.
squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Interests: sleep

Post by squirt »

Biker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:30 pm
FFS, I don't know who speaks in more circular and nonsensical ways - Mr. Potato Brain or that diversity hire whore.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Finally somebody acknowledged my reference. There couldn’t be a better metaphor for what we have now. Except the Nazis drugged John Gill to keep him from speaking truth. The dims drug Biden so he can barely function.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

If someone could go ahead and make a meme of Baghdad Bob saying "We are not in a recession." that would be great.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:59 pm Finally somebody acknowledged my reference. There couldn’t be a better metaphor for what we have now. Except the Nazis drugged John Gill to keep him from speaking truth. The dims drug Biden so he can barely function.
I think it's the opposite. The drugs they give him ALLOW him to function, if only at the bare minimum level.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."