Does anyone else think Britney Griner should just do the time?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: Does anyone else think Britney Griner should just do the time?

Post by Biker »

She smuggled illegal drugs into Russia. Are they supposed to just let her go because she made LeBron cry?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Its easy to get caught up into the politics of this. Yeah, she was one of those entitled **&$*#& that sat out the National Anthem. And while I completely disagree with that method of protest, I have to separate the two issues here.

She had a prescription, she had a very small amount, and she travels a lot. If people can board airplanes with guns in their bags that they forgot were there, then I can certainly conceive that a person could have a vape cartridge in their overnight bag they forgot about. I would exhaust the same amount of effort to get her released that I would to any american in any country that was facing that kind of punishment for that level of "crime".
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Animal wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:12 pm Its easy to get caught up into the politics of this. Yeah, she was one of those entitled **&$*#& that sat out the National Anthem. And while I completely disagree with that method of protest, I have to separate the two issues here.

She had a prescription, she had a very small amount, and she travels a lot. If people can board airplanes with guns in their bags that they forgot were there, then I can certainly conceive that a person could have a vape cartridge in their overnight bag they forgot about. I would exhaust the same amount of effort to get her released that I would to any american in any country that was facing that kind of punishment for that level of "crime".
A different report than what you read said 100+ vials and 200 empty ones.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Tough shit. She broke their laws. I will admit she probably got a stiffer sentence. That she asked for the Us to help after the whole anthem thing just showed her lack of character.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

You sure it wasn’t 10,000 vials?
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:16 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:12 pm Its easy to get caught up into the politics of this. Yeah, she was one of those entitled **&$*#& that sat out the National Anthem. And while I completely disagree with that method of protest, I have to separate the two issues here.

i'm not at all surprised that you have stumbled upon some conspiracy report of it. I mostly just go with normal news outlets.

Griner's appearance in the Khimki city courthouse marked her seventh hearing as Russian prosecutors accuse her of trying to smuggle less than 1 gram of cannabis oil in her luggage. She has pleaded guilty to drug charges -- a decision her lawyers hope will result in a less severe sentence -- and faces up to 10 years in prison.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:25 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:22 pm

i'm not at all surprised that you have stumbled upon some conspiracy report of it. I mostly just go with normal news outlets.

Griner's appearance in the Khimki city courthouse marked her seventh hearing as Russian prosecutors accuse her of trying to smuggle less than 1 gram of cannabis oil in her luggage. She has pleaded guilty to drug charges -- a decision her lawyers hope will result in a less severe sentence -- and faces up to 10 years in prison.
Is it legal to smuggle less than 1 gram of weed into Russia?
I am sure its not. And I'm sure the sentence is 9 years or more for doing it. I am not questioning the laws in Russia or how they were enforced in this instance. All I am saying is that part of being a citizen of this country is the protection this country provides you in other places. And if that means working to reduce prison sentences for small crimes, then those are part of the reasons we all stand up for the flag and show our respect.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:39 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:36 pm

I am sure its not. And I'm sure the sentence is 9 years or more for doing it. I am not questioning the laws in Russia or how they were enforced in this instance. All I am saying is that part of being a citizen of this country is the protection this country provides you in other places. And if that means working to reduce prison sentences for small crimes, then those are part of the reasons we all stand up for the flag and show our respect.
If it were you or me we would be doing the time. No one would help us.
I have wondered that. But, in wondering about it, I assumed that if there were any other people over there under similar circumstances, the media would have latched onto that story by now. They have certainly got Whelan grouped into the same discussion. But since no other names have come up, I assume there might not be any others. If, it turns out, there are others, then I agree that they should be put into chronological order of importance based on when it happened.

You have to also consider that Griner is probably thinking that if she wasn't a celebrity (sort of) she would probably have never been made an example of by the Russians.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:45 pm

I have wondered that. But, in wondering about it, I assumed that if there were any other people over there under similar circumstances, the media would have latched onto that story by now. They have certainly got Whelan grouped into the same discussion. But since no other names have come up, I assume there might not be any others. If, it turns out, there are others, then I agree that they should be put into chronological order of importance based on when it happened.

You have to also consider that Griner is probably thinking that if she wasn't a celebrity (sort of) she would probably have never been made an example of by the Russians.
This is the North American equivalent of getting 9 years for a parking ticket.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Or being a Jan 6 defendant.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Shr had been to Russia several times before. She knew the laws about cannabis oil. She either deliberately took it with her anyway, figuring she was above the law, or she failed to do her due diligence and check her luggage to make sure she didn't have illegal contraband. Either way, her crime is her fault.
The United States legal system has repeatedly stated that Americans who travel abroad are subject to the laws of the country to which they travel.

She should shut the fuck up and do her time for the crime she committed. Furthermore, she's a hypocrite piece of shit for badmouthing the United States and protesting our national anthem, then turning around and begging the United States for help when she broke another country's laws.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:56 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:45 pm

This is the North American equivalent of getting 9 years for a parking ticket.
Try stealing something in a fundamental Islamic country and see what happens to one or both of your hands.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:49 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:56 pm This is the North American equivalent of getting 9 years for a parking ticket.
Try stealing something in a fundamental Islamic country and see what happens to one or both of your hands.
What part of "North American" did you not understand?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

I'd like to see the narrative if this was a white business man that made the error.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:30 pm I'd like to see the narrative if this was a white business man that made the error.
If you believe that, youre dumber than I thought. This is all about Russia trying to leverage the US
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

I'm not surprised at all you're not surprised. You have a narrow scope of intelligence, so it makes sense. But to be fair, I've also seen it at less than 1 gram, but that one wouldn't have given me the response you gave.
Last edited by necronomous on Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty

Biker wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:31 pm
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:30 pm I'd like to see the narrative if this was a white business man that made the error.
If you believe that, youre dumber than I thought. This is all about Russia trying to leverage the US
This is new. The insult before the point. You are more diverse than I thought!

And yes. I know its totally a leverage move. I wasnt talking about the Russian narrative. In fact, they would probably prefer it to be a white business man.

I was talking the narrative from the GOP racist retards. And not just here.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:36 pm

And yes. I know its totally a leverage move. I wasnt talking about the Russian narrative. In fact, they would probably prefer it to be a white business man.

You realize liberals are way more racist than gop right. That's like basic shit.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty

necronomous wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:43 pm

You realize liberals are way more racist than gop right. That's like basic shit.
If so, they seem to hide it better.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

necronomous wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:16 pm SHE HAD 4000 MARIJANA NEEDLES AND 5 SURFACE-TO-AIR MISSLE LAUNCHERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:52 pm
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:47 pm

It is right in our face every single day of the week.
Like Biker says, I am not the sharpest brick in the wall. Maybe you can link me some racist shit that the Left has done recently.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Oh good, more "black people are so oppressed" bullshit.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:47 pm

Not really. You guys are extremely blatant about it.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:49 pm
necronomous wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:16 pm SHE HAD 4000 MARIJANA NEEDLES AND 5 SURFACE-TO-AIR MISSLE LAUNCHERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't seen that yet?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:51 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:49 pm

You haven't seen that yet?
this is Sybil pretending his stupidity was trolling.