Food stuff

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Re: Food stuff

Post by stonedmegman »

Sounds good. Definitely would be a good side dish.
I GOTTA SEE THE CANDY FIRST, THEN I'LL GET IN THE VAN. I'M NOT STUPID.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

stonedmegman wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:27 am
I think this cheese is bad. No,it's gouda.
I like my men just like my shredded cheese,thick cut Mexican.
JJJJJJJJBBBBBBBBiiiiiirrddd passes the stick...
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:46 am Your in luck. I was bored. :ugeek:

Cinnamon buns

For the buns:
1 cup milk ( I use soy milk in mine FTR )
2 ¼ tsp dry active yeast
2 tbsp canola oil
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
½ cup sugar
3-3 ½ cups flour

Filling:
¾ cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup butter or marg

Topping:
1 cup icing sugar
¼ cup butter or marg, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp or more milk

Gently heat the milk to about 120F, stirring frequently. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top. Let it bloom for 20 minutes. Do not stir.

In a large bowl or a stand up mixer, add the yeast, oil, egg salt, sugar and 1 cup of flour. I use the kneading hook in my stand up mixer. Stir to incorporate everything then add another cup of flour and repeat. Add another cup and it should be able to pull away from the sides of the bowl. If not keep adding a little flour at a time.

Lightly flour a flat surface and turn it out from the bowl. In my stand up mixer I knead it for 8-10 minutes. If by hand, knead it for 10-15 minutes until it is smooth and pliable.

Lightly grease a large bowl. Make a ball with the dough and place it in the bowl. If your oven is electric, turn it on to 200F and when it reaches temp turn it off. Place the bowl in there for 1 to 1/12 hrs, until it doubles in size.

While waiting in a small bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together well.

Grease or spray a 9 x 13 baking pan.

Once the dough has doubled, punch it down and then turn it out of the bowl. Roll it out into a rectangle roughly 12” x 18”.

Melt the butter and brush it on the dough leaving about an inch from the top bare. Now sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture onto the dough evenly. It’s ok to spread it out with your hand afterwards if necessary.

Starting with the long edge at the bottom start rolling it up like a jelly roll. Once rolled pinch the dough so it stays together at the top edge.

Now using a bread knife, slice the dough in half then slice each of those in half. Each section can now be sliced into thirds. Take each section and place it cut side down in the baking pan.

Again your oven should be preheated to 200F and then shut off. Cover the pan with a tea towel or similar and place it in the warm oven until the rolls touch each other, probably around an hour.

Once done remove them and heat the oven to 375F. Bake the buns for 18-20 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown.

In a bowl melt ¼ cup butter and add 1 cup of icing sugar. Mix in the vanilla and add just enough milk a little at a time to make it smooth.

When the buns are done let them sit 5 minutes and then turn the pan upside down on a baking sheet line with parchment paper. When they are cool enough to handle, separate them gently with the use of a butter knife. Place them right side up and pour on the icing sugar mix.

Enjoy
Holy shit! You had that in your head?

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will definitely be trying this. :thankyoublue:
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:53 pm

Cinnamon buns

For the buns:
2 ¼ tsp dry active yeast
2 tbsp canola oil
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
½ cup sugar
3-3 ½ cups flour

Filling:
¾ cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup butter or marg

Topping:
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp or more milk

Gently heat the milk to about 120F, stirring frequently. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top. Let it bloom for 20 minutes. Do not stir.

In a large bowl or a stand up mixer, add the yeast, oil, egg salt, sugar and 1 cup of flour. I use the kneading hook in my stand up mixer. Stir to incorporate everything then add another cup of flour and repeat. Add another cup and it should be able to pull away from the sides of the bowl. If not keep adding a little flour at a time.

Lightly flour a flat surface and turn it out from the bowl. In my stand up mixer I knead it for 8-10 minutes. If by hand, knead it for 10-15 minutes until it is smooth and pliable.

Lightly grease a large bowl. Make a ball with the dough and place it in the bowl. If your oven is electric, turn it on to 200F and when it reaches temp turn it off. Place the bowl in there for 1 to 1/12 hrs, until it doubles in size.

Once the dough has doubled, punch it down and then turn it out of the bowl. Roll it out into a rectangle roughly 12” x 18”.

Melt the butter and brush it on the dough leaving about an inch from the top bare. Now sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture onto the dough evenly. It’s ok to spread it out with your hand afterwards if necessary.

Starting with the long edge at the bottom start rolling it up like a jelly roll. Once rolled pinch the dough so it stays together at the top edge.

Now using a bread knife, slice the dough in half then slice each of those in half. Each section can now be sliced into thirds. Take each section and place it cut side down in the baking pan.

Again your oven should be preheated to 200F and then shut off. Cover the pan with a tea towel or similar and place it in the warm oven until the rolls touch each other, probably around an hour.

Once done remove them and heat the oven to 375F. Bake the buns for 18-20 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown.

In a bowl melt ¼ cup butter and add 1 cup of icing sugar. Mix in the vanilla and add just enough milk a little at a time to make it smooth.

When the buns are done let them sit 5 minutes and then turn the pan upside down on a baking sheet line with parchment paper. When they are cool enough to handle, separate them gently with the use of a butter knife. Place them right side up and pour on the icing sugar mix.

Enjoy

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will definitely be trying this. :thankyoublue:
You're welcome. I've been making them for almost 30 years. I should know the recipe by heart. :lol:
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

jsdspif wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:52 am
when this is peeled open it reminds me of my ex wife
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

:lol:
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

pork wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:42 pm
jsdspif wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:52 am
when this is peeled open it reminds me of my ex wife
: :lol:
Weavagra
Forum Regular

Post by Weavagra »

Anyone have an amazing hotdog sauce/chilli recipe?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:17 pm

Cinnamon buns

For the buns:
2 ¼ tsp dry active yeast
2 tbsp canola oil
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
½ cup sugar
3-3 ½ cups flour

Filling:
¾ cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup butter or marg

Topping:
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp or more milk

Enjoy

You're welcome. I've been making them for almost 30 years. I should know the recipe by heart. :lol:
Megman!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god! I made the cinnamon rolls and they were the best ever. Holy shit. They are even better heated up the next morning. Thank you!!!!!!!!
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:13 pm

Cinnamon buns

For the buns:
2 ¼ tsp dry active yeast
2 tbsp canola oil
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
½ cup sugar
3-3 ½ cups flour

Filling:
¾ cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup butter or marg

Topping:
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp or more milk

Enjoy

Megman!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god! I made the cinnamon rolls and they were the best ever. Holy shit. They are even better heated up the next morning. Thank you!!!!!!!!
You are very welcome. My friend says they are great after 18 seconds in the microwave.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:17 pm
Animal wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:13 pm

Cinnamon buns

For the buns:
2 ¼ tsp dry active yeast
2 tbsp canola oil
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
½ cup sugar
3-3 ½ cups flour

Filling:
¾ cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup butter or marg

Topping:
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp or more milk

Enjoy

Megman!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are very welcome. My friend says they are great after 18 seconds in the microwave.
:lol: I was using 15 seconds. And you have to scrape up as much of the frosting that might have run off of them and pile it on top before you put them in the microwave. I think what makes them better reheated is that the frosting has a chance to melt down inside the middle. my god, the middle is freaking awesome. shit, i want one right now.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

I only eat one maybe every other week. They are too addictive. :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I had another orgasm cinnamon roll this morning. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

18 seconds was *chef's kiss* perfection.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:51 pm I had another orgasm cinnamon roll this morning. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

18 seconds was *chef's kiss* perfection.
:jumpeveryone:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

these fools don't even realize you gave them the keys to the Holy Grail. Its a wonder man isn't still hunting and gathering.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster
Interests: boating, fishing, dating, travel, music, trivia, crossword puzzles, coffee, reading, photography, swimming, grilling, smoking, building

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:03 am these fools don't even realize you gave them the keys to the Holy Grail. Its a wonder man isn't still hunting and gathering.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i will be making another batch tomorrow. because i'm out. if anyone is looking for an xmas gift for me, i would suggest flour and powdered sugar.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Animal wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:38 pm i will be making another batch tomorrow. because i'm out. if anyone is looking for an xmas gift for me, i would suggest flour and powdered sugar.
Somebody change animals name to tubby.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady