A good California law.

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

A good California law.

Post by Antknot »

In my opinion this is a good law out of California of all places.

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/12/29/c ... r-n2168088
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: A good California law.

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Agreed.
Its been awhile since I've been stopped but the last time I did get pulled over and the officer asked me that question I said "No, I dont. Is there a problem?"
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Re: A good California law.

Post by QillerDaemon »

I agree, although likely a legal means will be found to get around it. The big issue is that a cop can lie to you, tell you whatever, if it could lead to something bigger. "I pulled you over for *this* reason", a big fat fib, and not for the actual intended reason which can still be a fishing attempt. And you can't lie back. So they don't ask a question, they'll still just make a statement. It's best just to politely inform the officer on initial contact you intend on cooperating, but will make no statements beyond "yes, sir/ma'am" or "no, sir/ma'am". Either they have an intent to escalate the contact, or they don't. But you don't need to offer anything to cause an escalation, so keep your flappy piehole shut.

-- source: the two sheriff's deputies I used to rent a house to.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。